Official Canon 550D User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hows the Image quality of 550D compare to 40D? and iso performance?

cuz i wan to downgrade/upgrade from 40D to 550D.....

thanks for the reply first.....

Someone posted image taken at iso 12800 (in this thread)... check it out!

Do note that u will be losing FPS speed, secondary LCD and better AF for higher resolution and pixels.

That's it, I will love to record my school lectures in the classroom with this camera on my next lesson. Gonna bring extra batts to see how long it can last.
Must try and see if I can directly record the movie files to my laptop hard drive.

VGA resolution cannot see the board very clearly. Also, my S5 IS not wide enough, only 36mm widest. Good chance to abuse my 10-22mm also. :D

> Brand: Canon
> Model: 550D 18-55mm
Canon EOS 550d kit with 18-55mmis len--------------$1290(inc.gst)

Free 8 g card,,canon bag from agent and free lcd protector worth $13.50 and
filter worth $15

i bought mine 1 month ago, think this is the chepest price i found at that time, but without lcd protector and filter

when buying dslr what to take a look out for and howto check.

- Check if the set is BRAND NEW... (i.e. no finger prints on lcd, scratch, etc..).
- Check if all buttons are working
- When you turn on the first time, the camera will ask you to set the date/time.
- Check function (i.e. take 2-3 pic and see the results)
- Check the LCD, any dead/bright pixels
-
-
(Any other things need to be checked?)

btw, if you bought it from reputable shops, they will give you 1-to-1 exchange if there is defect within 1 week.

if after 1 week, the camera okay, fill-up the warranty card (or online).

Hope this is help.

- Check if the set is BRAND NEW... (i.e. no finger prints on lcd, scratch, etc..).
- When you turn on the first time, the camera will ask you to set the date/time.
-
-

btw, if you bought it from reputable shops, they will give you 1-to-1 exchange if there is defect within 1 week.

Hope this is help.

I would like to add: Also check if the 9 red dots look sharp or glow ;(

-
-

Hope this is help.

thanks for the reminder. Will do a check v carefully.

I would like to add: Also check if the 9 red dots look sharp or glow ;(

what do u mean by glow? color on the 9 dots?

thanks for the reminder. Will do a check v carefully.

what do u mean by glow? color on the 9 dots?

oh, check my post on page 45 about the 9 AF points in the view finder. Now i'm still at work, not convenient to do such a detailed explanation :)

ok. did u manage to fix urs?

No i didn't. It seems like my pictures are not affected. Please check if you do get urs. If after opening several sets still the same, then really LL.

No i didn't. It seems like my pictures are not affected. Please check if you do get urs. If after opening several sets still the same, then really LL.

ok. thanks for ur reminder. =) mind sharing ur package of 550d u brought how much and comes with wat.

ok. thanks for ur reminder. =) mind sharing ur package of 550d u brought how much and comes with wat.
I bought my Kit 2 from MSC AMK at $1599. 8GB + EOS Bag to be collected at Canon.

I have a noob question. May I know how to put the camera with 18-135 lens into the EOS camera bag? I tried to place it with the lens facing down but it seems like the zip at the cover will scratch the camera. Appreciate any help :) Thanks in advance.

EDIT: found a way by re-arranging the compartments and place it horizontally. But still, appreciate any suggestions!

Last edited:
I have a noob question. May I know how to put the camera with 18-135 lens into the EOS camera bag? I tried to place it with the lens facing down but it seems like the zip at the cover will scratch the camera. Appreciate any help :) Thanks in advance.

you may take away the partitions (change its orientation), should have sufficient room to attach 18-135 with body. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.