Official 5D User Thread - Part 2

The 580EX is a professional flash and may be overkill for the average leisure shooter. But of course some leisure shooters are not average and may require the power and sophistication of a professional flash. For the rest of us, the Speedlite 430 is more than enough.

Thks for the advices Bro, I do take pics of my aquatic pets, so higher flash output is required to aids in producing acceptable pics.
Think I might give 580ex a try...:)

Go for the best you can afford. For me it's either the 580EX II or 600EX-RT, nothing less. For your needs the 580 series is gd enough. If budget then the 430EX.

I budget shooter Bro, as mentioned in my requirement for high output flash, I will consider 580ex.
Thks for advising Bro!

Think 580exII has been out of production, so if u plan get new may not easy to get now local. But there quite nos of used set in BNS.

Guys, any idea what's the latest software version for our classic?

EOS 5D Firmware Update Ver. 1.1.1 dated 07/05/06.

probably. I don't think they do any more updates to the 5D.

Yes 1.1.1 and definitely no more updates due obsolete camera with obsolete interface, but still a workhorse till now.

EOS 5D Firmware Update Ver. 1.1.1 dated 07/05/06.

probably. I don't think they do any more updates to the 5D.

Thks for the prompt reply Bro!

Yes 1.1.1 and definitely no more updates due obsolete camera with obsolete interface, but still a workhorse till now.

Bad news for me cos for my issue of YN568EX flash unable to fire on my 5d classic, I went to both Canon service center & ArtWorkFoto where I got my flash from, they both said could be due to incompatible issue.

CSC checked hotshoe on my body, tested & declared working fine while my flash can function well on my 600D body.

Seems like I'm left with no choice but to get another flash.

Nevertheless, I'm really glad to all the Bros here who took the effort to address my issue.

*Thumbs Upz*

Bad news for me cos for my issue of YN568EX flash unable to fire on my 5d classic, I went to both Canon service center & ArtWorkFoto where I got my flash from, they both said could be due to incompatible issue. CSC checked hotshoe on my body, tested & declared working fine while my flash can function well on my 600D body. Seems like I'm left with no choice but to get another flash. Nevertheless, I'm really glad to all the Bros here who took the effort to address my issue. *Thumbs Upz*

No probs as time goes by, u'll become better with it. I've a friend who had a Sigma and then a Metz flash, both gave him problems and ultimately also changed to original and never had a problem since.

Anyone of u guys used b4 or currently using Phottix Mitros flash with 5D classic care to share some feedback / reviews?

There's always magic lantern.

My 5D is still in use!