Nikon D7100 Hands-On Preview

Hot? It's older than 6 months. Not that hot anymore. ;)

D600 vs D7100 -it only triumph in the SENSOR :bsmilie:

D7100 plus points
- no anti-alias filter
- better LCD display
- 51 focus points spread apart
- best of all 2x crop @ 16Mps

DM101 said:
D600 vs D7100 -it only triumph in the SENSOR :bsmilie:

D7100 plus points
- no anti-alias filter
- better LCD display
- 51 focus points spread apart
- best of all 2x crop @ 16Mps

The whole point of the D600 is to deliver a FF sensor at the lowest price point ever from Nikon. Even without AF it would be still good value for money.

Last edited:
Why I got a feeling a replacement for D600 is due soon, a D600S/D610, with whatever the D7100 is offering now... ;)..... maybe next year..... :dunno:

I too feel D600 will have a short life. Nikon probably introduced this model to test the market's response to entry level FX. D600 received very good reviews and enjoyed early success but the prolonged dust/oil issues exposed Nikon's QC, service performance and PR failures. Nikon issued a statement but they didn't own up the problems and caused damage to the sale, hence price drop. As there was little effort to gain back the confidence, I can only guess that Nikon opts to put resources on an improved version with additional specs. Maybe early next year or even earlier, we shall see a D600s?

Last edited:
Click price at 1450 body
Slr rev... Not yet arrived
J316 at 1500 body.

Wow the price of D7100 body only is cheaper compare to when D7000 was realease... buy buy buy...

Yup MS color will bring in stock body only today. Call up to Chk. May I know if payment by CC installment 24months what would be the price like?

Cathay Photo stock in the morning, today... Need to call if anyone want to purchase before going down...

wonder when will lightroom support the raw.....

Damn.. the d7100 is super tempting....would upgrade in a blink of an eye should the opportunity arise.

k8Q016J.jpg

yup tempting!

k8Q016J.jpg

yup tempting!

haha wow you bit the bullet and bought it? oh should have gone with the d600 since u got the 24-70 tamron !

Last edited:
haha somehow or rather i feel d7100 has a better feature than d600 and its cheaper

haha somehow or rather i feel d7100 has a better feature than d600 and its cheaper

Haha but can't compare to a full frame sensor. Different league already.

grievor said:
Haha but can't compare to a full frame sensor. Different league already.

Indeed. You can compare them all day long but it's pointless.

Sample images any please ...... ;p

anyone doing mass order for better pricing?

8585068912_842b6ccee2_k.jpg

8585068394_0b632ed021_b.jpg

Used "High NR" setting on this photo
1/25 f/2.8 ISO 3200 @ 32mm (Tamron 24-70)

Last edited:
Wow, nice noise control.... :thumbsup: and selling @ < $1500 - that's a steal