Nikon D7100 Hands-On Preview

If you buy body from HK, there will be no warranty.

Lovely i just wondering if i were to buy something from hongkong...how much % off am i expecting?

Lovely i just wondering if i were to buy something from hongkong...how much % off am i expecting?

Hk prices not too far off from sg

If you buy body from HK, there will be no warranty.

Oh was looking more into lenses which I read have international warranty right?

Anyone has been own D7100?
So far have any minimum issue?

Hope to hear your feedback as soon!

Last edited:
i have this for more than 2months.. so far so good... 5k+ SC no issues

I rented this for an event which needed the range which my D600 is lacking. Also took it out to the street for spin. Some obsevation:

For this model, it's very important to get your exposure right at point of shooting. If you try to bring up the shadows and highlight by huge amount, the banding that appear might not be to everyone's liking....probably needs to pack the GND in the bag if shooting backlit subjects without flash frequently. The buffer speed is quite poor too (I use my 45mb/s card), of course not everyone needs the machine gun shooting. Get the highest rated SD card if you can (it's cheap :)), cos you will fill the buffer very quickly if it's just a normal SD. Also the set which I rented have hot-pixels on the LCD screen....I don't know how is the SC but it's quite astonishing for a set that have just been released not too long to have that. Maybe people who rented that unit keeps playing back the LCD or uses it for video alot. ISO performance for a DX camera is superb, but definitely loses to FF.

Overall it is a good camera IMO. Just think, sharp sharp sharp (depending on lens) due to the no AA filter.

Just bought my D7100 today. Was just intending to test it, but end up carrying a set home!

Built quality is alot better than my Canon 6D (feels like plastic as compared to D7100!), and paired it with the super sharp 16-85mm lens, the results are really solid!

Very sharp image indeed. Not sure if it is because of the non-AA filter, or the superb resolution of the 16-85mm lens. Even shots taken with zoomed out at 85mm is tack sharp to me!

Was testing the kit lens 18-105mm and 18-200mm as well as the 16-85mm. The 16-85mm gives a nice and wider 16mm (equivalent to 24mm in full frame) as compared to the other 2 lenses which is around 27mm equivalent, beside being sharper and better in colours of the shots. Wonderful lens!

Very tempted to get the 70mm-200mm, but was rushing for an appointment and thus didn't try it. Is it as good as the 16-85mm in sharpness?

Last edited:
Very tempted to get the 70mm-200mm, but was rushing for an appointment and thus didn't try it. Is it as good as the 16-85mm in sharpness?

Way better...

Guess it should be better with such a big price difference.

Surprised though with the sharpness of the 16-85mm though. Won't be able to get this quality at this price range if it is Canon.

Will try out 70-200mm soon.

Way better...

Guess it should be better with such a big price difference.

Surprised though with the sharpness of the 16-85mm though. Won't be able to get this quality at this price range if it is Canon.

Will try out 70-200mm soon.

Great jump!

Tested the 70-200mm today. Very nice but quite heavy as compared to 16-85mm. Probably won't need to get this yet and practice with the 16-85mm first.

Great jump!

Tested the 70-200mm today. Very nice but quite heavy as compared to 16-85mm. Probably won't need to get this yet and practice with the 16-85mm first.

did you try the f4 or f2.8 variant ?

i much prefer the f4 in terms of sharpness and weight :)