Nikon D5000 Proud User Group

hi all just got my D5000 3 days ago in japan..whole package, with 2VR lenses at about S$1000. 18-55 mm and 55-200mm... was a good deal..but i came back then i realise that the set has some slight problem. i do not know whether did you guys came across... can kindly help me on the following as i am a new to DSLR person...:D

the battery was fully charged. but when i point to shoot.. i heard "beep" but i cant depress further to take the photo. den i clean up abit of the contacts, den it can shoot again.. but after for a night, i take out today, the problem comes back again. i dont know what is going wrong.. can someone kindly help me?

When you do go to the service centre, please note Nikon Singapore is not obliged to provide warranty for camera bodies purchased overseas.

Last edited:
Please do share here what you found for the benefit of others.

Thank you

[QUOTEhi there..have went down today...but they are closed./..so have to go tomorrow..is there anyway at least let me take a few pictures?
.[/QUOTE]

Can you get hold of another D5k battery and troubleshoot this issue?

Last edited:
Hi Bros,

Im newbie to DSLR world.
Advise me D5000 camera & lens maintenances method/procedure to keep it in top condition without any fungus.. :think:

thanks
Charif

Hi Bros,

Im newbie to DSLR world.
Advise me D5000 camera & lens maintenances method/procedure to keep it in top condition without any fungus.. :think:

thanks
Charif

get a dry cabi/dry box to prevent fungus from growing.

instead of asking people to spoon-feed u wif information, you should really do a search around the forums and read up articles

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706224

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680178

Last edited:
Hi Bros,

Im newbie to DSLR world.

thanks
Charif

Send in to NSC everyday for cleaning service.:thumbsup:
Confirm TOP condition.:bsmilie:

Hi all!!
D5000 group and CS New B here! Very glad to see so many D5K proud users like me. My very first DSLR and had it for 1yr plus. Bought it wen started to launch, had to send for NCS coz it stopped functioning after 3 weeks, so unlucky of me. But now i'm loving every minute wif it, i even gave her a name ;)
Thanks for all the info sharings guys. Pls guide me in future n i would love to join for outings ;)

Send in to NSC everyday for cleaning service.:thumbsup:
Confirm TOP condition.:bsmilie:

Even if the lens is still under warranty, I don't think the cleaning service is covered by the warranty.

I mean that you need to pay for the cleaning. As such, I won't send the lens everyday to NSC for cleaning ;)

Thought I would play with the video feature on my D5000 today and at the same time test my brand new Zoom H1 audio recorder. As well as try my hands at video editing.

Here's the results.

Making Soup (Nikon D5000/Zoom H1)

The white balance is a little off.

And for unknown reasons the video I've gotten with my camera seems very grainy irregardless of what ISO I set. No problems with still images though. Anyone here get any idea as to what could be the problem? :dunno:

When you do go to the service centre, please note Nikon Singapore is not obliged to provide warranty for camera bodies purchased overseas.

They are provided you have the bill and worldwide warranty card from the same country.

Hi guys! Have a happy & fruitful new year! To all the D5000 users, hope you have a great start to a new decade!

PS: Add me on flickr if you're on there :)

Sincerely,
Chris

Hi any advise if the af-s 18 - 105 mm VR lens is good enough to shoot macro photo? If not, what should we buy since we need af-s lens or no need?

hi!.jus wondering.the D5k's on-board flash can't optically trigger off-camera flashes,right?The only way for a D5k to do tis is by attaching a SB 800,900,Nissin,on the D5k and use it as a master flash?

Hi,

I remembered seeing a thread on the lens that are compartible with D5000. Does anyone still have the link?

Also, wondering if AF-S 50mm F1.4G is compatible with D5000?

What is the difference between this and 35mm ?

Yes. It is compartible with D5000.

Last edited:
hi!.jus wondering.the D5k's on-board flash can't optically trigger off-camera flashes,right?The only way for a D5k to do tis is by attaching a SB 800,900,Nissin,on the D5k and use it as a master flash?

it can't work as a master flash. u will need su-800 to act as a commander

Hi,

I remembered seeing a thread on the lens that are compartible with D5000. Does anyone still have the link?

Also, wondering if AF-S 50mm F1.4G is compatible with D5000?

What is the difference between this and 35mm ?

pls read the manual again, especially pages 194 and 195. any terminology u dun understand, there's always google for u to use.

difference between 50mm and 35mm? focal length is different and the field of view is tighter on the 50mm.

Hi Lancer78jas and Irvine,

Tks for ur reply.

Decided to get a 35mm instead.. hvg to read thru some previous posts..

Cheers!

I am enjoying my D5000 & making use of it at least once a week. The only setback I feel is the low resolution LCD screen. Wonder if there are any ways to upgrade or change the LCD to a higher resolution one.
Any ideas ? ;)