Nikon D40, D40x & D60 Compatible Lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i think i need to rephrase that one.

"And since all Nikon DSLR is compatible with HSM so YES it will AF on D40/X & D60"

Thanks for confirming.

I think it should be... "Since Sigma F-mount lenses with HSM are designed to be compatible with Nikon bodies supporting AF-I/AF-S, yes, they should AF on D40/D40X/D60."

Last edited:
anybody using this lens,
28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO (Model A09NII)?
mind sharing your experience?
thanks!

Sorry i think i need to rephrase that one.

"And since all Nikon DSLR is compatible with HSM so YES it will AF on D40/X & D60"

Thanks for confirming.

Thanks so much!
so this lens costs the same as the one for canon one right? $600++ in the market?

ahh..its so much more ex than the nikor one

Anyone bought a 50 mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM recently? Any idea on the price? I can't seemed to find the price guide for this lens on the price check thread.

Hi im new to this, using a d40, i was thinking of getting a 50mm f1.8 or 1.4 but then i realised it can't autofocus. any idea if there are any prime lenses that af with my d40?

or is it a better option to go for a d60/80 etc and just get the nikon. :dunno:

hi,

the d60 cant autofocus with AF prime lenses as well. i can recommend u to wait till december for the release of AF-S 50mm f1.4, which is able to af on d40/d40x/d60.

other choices include sigma 30 and 50mm f1.4/f1.8 HSM as well.

cheers

Anyone bought a 50 mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM recently? Any idea on the price? I can't seemed to find the price guide for this lens on the price check thread.

$800+

big bulky lens..

why not wait for the nikon 50mm f1.4 afs?

Hi im new to this, using a d40, i was thinking of getting a 50mm f1.8 or 1.4 but then i realised it can't autofocus. any idea if there are any prime lenses that af with my d40?

or is it a better option to go for a d60/80 etc and just get the nikon. :dunno:

If you're using the AF-Nikkor 50mm f1.8 for portraits, there should still be enough time to manual focus. Your subject is not really moving, anyway. Unless you really find it so difficult to manual focus... then i guess no choice but to change cam body or wait for AF-S lens.

D80 body is now pretty inexpensive since the arrival of the upgrade D90. Can be a worthwhile consideration.

p.s. I use manual focus most of the time with my D80+50mmf1.8 combo... ;)

oh hahaa ok. i was waiting for prices to drop even further. is the d40 out of production? does that mean i should consider keeping it as well? haha
yes i suppose i could work with the MF. in that case should i get the older MF models like the AIS or MF or E series 50mm f1.8 or just go for the newer AF 50mm f1.8 or AFD

any idea how much 50mmf1.4 AFS will be?

oh hahaa ok. i was waiting for prices to drop even further. is the d40 out of production? does that mean i should consider keeping it as well? haha
yes i suppose i could work with the MF. in that case should i get the older MF models like the AIS or MF or E series 50mm f1.8 or just go for the newer AF 50mm f1.8 or AFD

any idea how much 50mmf1.4 AFS will be?
Its selling for US$450 online, so probably around S$650-S$700 range?

Anyone used the Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM before? Any comments about the lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.