Nikon D40, D40x & D60 Compatible Lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:gbounce: for those who miss it on the first page.

Hi Drahc,

Just to check with you, where did you get the price for Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG APO Macro HSM? I had check with MS color for the price and it was $1020 include GST. Your price is so much cheaper so wonder where as I am considering this lense. Thanks!

Btw, this is a very good thread as i was troubled of what cheaper lenses I can get that my D60 can used. It is indeed a very informative and good thread. Thanks for the effort on this thread!

ray

hmm. cant remember but i think i got it from this site. :dunno:

DealUSeek

Thanks, Drahc! Yes, it is from dealuseek website.

anyone have issues with the Nikkor VR 18-200 creating a shadow on the picture when the D40 built in flash is fired?

anyone have issues with the Nikkor VR 18-200 creating a shadow on the picture when the D40 built in flash is fired?

Are you referring to a rounded shadow at the bottom of the photo? it could be that the portion of the lens that extends when you zoom in is blocking the flash, thus the shadow

Are you referring to a rounded shadow at the bottom of the photo? it could be that the portion of the lens that extends when you zoom in is blocking the flash, thus the shadow

Yes saw it in some photos. At what range does that occur? External flash like sb400 can remove that shadow?

External flash like SB-600 , 800 and incoming 900 would remove tht shadow, as for 400, not really tht sure since its not very tall either.

Hmm, I notice that Nikon does not have a AF-S lens for 50 mm F1.8 unlike Canon which has a very affordable one. The Nikon 50 mm f1.8 lens is not AF-S right and wouldnt auto focus with D40. This is not cool... any alternatives?

This happens when you extend your focal length at max, while focusing on the minimum distance.

Hmm, I notice that Nikon does not have a AF-S lens for 50 mm F1.8 unlike Canon which has a very affordable one. The Nikon 50 mm f1.8 lens is not AF-S right and wouldnt auto focus with D40. This is not cool... any alternatives?

Sigma has a 50mm F1.4 which is better than F1.8 base on the sample study posted here on nikon thread somewhere (sorry to lazy to look for it). Sadly i dont have the price yet for that one but it's probably not gonna be as expensive as Nikon 50mm F1.4 which is around 425sgd coz i haven't seen a 3rd party lens more expensive than Nikkor Lenses.

hi, does the tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO (Model A20N) reach singapore? how much the price here? thanks.

got alternative but you have to dig out cash for it...sigma 30mm f1.4 HSM is 650 onwards.
else go for canon if you dont want to MF.

Shadows have been reported with SB-400 and 18-200 VR as well. http://www.flickr.com/groups/d40slr/discuss/72157603957837472/

I might have missed it but where does the article say anything about that?

If the lens hood is used, you'll still get a shadow at wideangle but it seems ok without the lens hood. I'm using SB-400 and 18-200VR on D60.

Sigma has a 50mm F1.4 which is better than F1.8 base on the sample study posted here on nikon thread somewhere (sorry to lazy to look for it). Sadly i dont have the price yet for that one but it's probably not gonna be as expensive as Nikon 50mm F1.4 which is around 425sgd coz i haven't seen a 3rd party lens more expensive than Nikkor Lenses.

Then I think you might see one. ;p

I don't think the Sigma 50/1.4 HSM is out on f-mount yet, but the Canon version is already out here in Japan. It's about 650++ SGD. I don't expect the Nikon F-mount version to cost any less, unfortunately.

That places it way over the Nikon 50/1.4 - bad news for us D40/40X/60 users hoping to get a 50/1.4 prime with AF compatibility at a "happy" price. :(

Anyway there are a few third-party lenses more expensive than Nikkors on the market. Look no further than the Carl Zeiss lenses on F-mount. Hehe.

too bad for me i forgot about the "Carl Zeiss" glasses.

Carl Zeiss Planar T*50mm f/1.4 Nikon mount can be bought with a very affordable price of S$19,745 :bigeyes:

Quite cheat!!

Carl Zeiss Planar T*50mm f/1.4 Nikon mount can be bought with a very affordable price of S$19,745 :bigeyes:

Quite cheat!!

wa...crazy price, i'm sure most d40/d60 users only treat photography as purely a hobby, where got $$$ to splash so much on lens....

Quite cheat!!

wa...crazy price, i'm sure most d40/d60 users only treat photography as purely a hobby, where got $$$ to splash so much on lens....

Where got so expensive? I thought it should be under S$1k.. What currency was that?

thanks for the list, mate....i do appreciate it! ;) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.