Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha... problem is... that is not a photography forum... i'm just hoping to impart a bit of my newbie knowledge...

cleonbus, I think it is rather sad to just jump on Judas just because he is interested to join my outing. Even though he may have joined in late 2007, doesn't mean you should be putting him down ... especially since he is asking ME to join MY outing, not YOUR outing. I know you wanna be Outing King. I'm happy with it. But please understand that not everyone is as gung-ho as you.

If the moderators were to see this, it would not be nice for you. Not saying that I will be doing anything, but this is an outing I am organizing for ZerocoolAstra. As such, please extend the courtesy to not just me, but also ZerocoolAstra ... and other CS members. I feel sad such a thing had dragged on even after my last posting.

:nono: :nono:

Before any misunderstanding occurs, appreciate it if you would be nicer to others. Thanks. This may be due to generational gap. We old people try to be sensitive to others' feelings. Thank you again.

To judas, I apologize you had to experience such this when you merely wanted to join the outing. Hope you would not be put off joining future outings not just by me, but other CS members too.

Cheers all, and have a wonderful evening.

Last edited:
cleonbus, I think it is rather sad to just jump on Judas just because he is interested to join my outing. Even though he may have joined in late 2007, doesn't mean you should be putting him down ... especially since he is asking ME to join MY outing, not YOUR outing. I know you wanna be Outing King. I'm happy with it. But please understand that not everyone is as gung-ho as you.

If the moderators were to see this, it would not be nice for you. Not saying that I will be doing anything, but this is an outing I am organizing for ZerocoolAstra. As such, please extend the courtesy to not just me, but also ZerocoolAstra ... and other CS members. I feel sad such a thing had dragged on even after my last posting.

:nono: :nono:

Before any misunderstanding occurs, appreciate it if you would be nicer to others. Thanks. This may be due to generational gap. We old people try to be sensitive to others' feelings. Thank you again.

Ahem...i didn't say that hor:nono:

And i know this is YOUR outing,sorry for 'discussing' on your turf:)

P.S There are some members that will not be so nice to newbies.Probable because we are fed up about their questions.

Last edited:
Ahem...i didn't say that hor:nono:

And i know this is your outing.Sorry for 'discussing' on your turf:)

Appreciate it, not want to turn such incidents nasty.

Thank you.

PS: I may have my way of organizing the outings, and you may have your style. About updating the first page is a question of personal style, unless Clubsnap Admins and Mods tick me off for not updating the first thread, I'm happy to continue doing it the way I'm comfortable with. I am also a newbie, but my idea of doing the shoots is to get like-minded people to learn and share each others' experience and knowledge. There are people who just joined in Clubsnap may more knowledge than you and I combined, so let's not belittle people by when the joined and how many postings they have made. Maybe their portfolio includes published photos? Where does that leave you and me? Just something to think about.

Last edited:
PS: I may have my way of organizing the outings, and you may have your style. About updating the first page is a question of personal style, unless Clubsnap Admins and Mods tick me off for not updating the first thread, I'm happy to continue doing it the way I'm comfortable with. I am also a newbie, but my idea of doing the shoots is to get like-minded people to learn and share each others' experience and knowledge. There are people who just joined in Clubsnap may more knowledge than you and I combined, so let's not belittle people by when the joined and how many postings they have made. Maybe their portfolio includes published photos? Where does that leave you and me? Just something to think about.

Err...i didn't say you were wrong about updating the 1st page or not why u 'shoot' me?:think::dunno:

so does that mean the most post counts and the longer you join the forum means you are pro? that means you are very professional? since you joined in 2006 and have over 2k posts? may i know if you are professional photographer? it must be so since you are organizing newbie outings for people with low post count...

I feel very sad that i come with a open heart to learn how to shoot landscape photos and yet i get so rudely turned down by a organizer whom i had every intention of joining his outings so that i can learn more... sigh... it is sad :cry::cry::cry:

Hi Judas,

Don't be disheartened. BTW the organizer for this particular outing is Dingaroo and not that specific person that is giving you a hard time. Dingaroo is a respectable person and that is why I chose to come along as a helper to guide newbies along. Would love to have you if a slot opens up and I am sure Dingaroo feels the same. But do take some effort to read at least the last few pages before cutting and pasting the name list. Now that you know how it is commonly done in CS, I am sure you will do fine in the future.

Last edited:
Seniors
1. Jacobs
2. daredevil123
3. Ghaz1
4. -empty-
5. -empty-
6. -empty-

Newbies
1. Sheaffey
2. Scubagolfer & Mrs Scubagolfer
3. songws
4. Dleugene & Mrs Dleugene
5. Boyette & Mrs Boyette
6. 230j31 (Roger)
7. wuminlee
8. Nataru (Kimmura)
9. loya48
10. adheeth
11. FibonJemer
12. vynus (Pei Lin)
13. Chilli Crab
14. Prelix
15. icefox23
16. winkoo88
17. ENDorphins
18. musichelle
19. musichelle's friend
20. romel dutta

Independent Shooters
1. Megatops
2. dacteo (David)
3. Joshua Tan
4. kenny888
5. vee5
6. urban93
7. hlyeoh
---------FULL, NOT TAKING IN ANYMORE----------

Alright I'm in.

Seniors
1. Jacobs
2. daredevil123
3. Ghaz1
4. -empty-
5. -empty-
6. -empty-

Newbies
1. Sheaffey
3. songws
5. Boyette & Mrs Boyette
6. 230j31 (Roger)
7. wuminlee
8. Nataru (Kimmura)
9. loya48
10. adheeth
11. FibonJemer
12. vynus (Pei Lin)
13. Chilli Crab
14. Prelix
15. icefox23
16. winkoo88
17. ENDorphins
18. musichelle
19. musichelle's friend
20. romel dutta

Independent Shooters
1. Megatops
2. dacteo (David)
3. Joshua Tan
4. kenny888
5. vee5
6. urban93
7. hlyeoh
---------FULL, NOT TAKING IN ANYMORE----------

Calling for More Seniors!!

Welcome to the senior citizens' corner. :thumbsup:

Eh? No lah... My posts only 200+ I'm a newborn baby here! Born in March 2010 only :bsmilie:

P.S. With Seniority comes great responsibility, i like being a "noob". ;)

Err...i didn't say you were wrong about updating the 1st page or not why u 'shoot' me?:think::dunno:

Ever since when u got this impression? Think it's gd to leave it to the organizer to manage his own thread, u can help but sarcastic remarks are not tolerated la ah.. Peace k..:)

Hi All,

It's already Wednesday. Time for some housekeeping.

Participants::
Seniors
1. Jacobs
2. daredevil123
3. Ghaz1
4. -empty- <---
5. -empty- <---
6. -empty- <---

Newbies
1. Sheaffey
3. songws
5. Boyette & Mrs Boyette
6. 230j31 (Roger)
7. wuminlee
8. Nataru (Kimmura)
9. loya48
10. adheeth
11. FibonJemer
12. vynus (Pei Lin)
13. Chilli Crab
14. Prelix
15. icefox23
16. winkoo88
17. ENDorphins
18. musichelle
19. musichelle's friend
20. romel dutta

Independent Shooters
1. Megatops
2. dacteo (David)
3. Joshua Tan
4. kenny888
5. vee5
6. urban93
7. hlyeoh

As mentioned in an earlier posting, Independent Shooters don't mean you come and shoot
without mingling. I expect and hope you all would interact with the newbies too. Guide
them in areas you think you are competent. Ask the Seniors if need help. That goes for
the newbies too! As there will be many people expected there on a weekend, would give
out name tags/stickers to distinguish ourselves. Hope you all don't mind.

If you think that you may not be able to attend, please let me know early as there are
others on reserve list who are keen to come.

Equipment/Items to bring::
1. Camera (don't forget to charge your batteries)
2. Tripod
3. Water/Fluid
4. Powerbar/Snack
5. Yourself! (Don't forget to bring yourself!)
6. For newbies, please bring along your Camera's User Guide/Operator Guide (refer to it in case I pose you questions!)
7. Cap/Hat
8. Sunblock (if you are afraid of the sun)
9. Pen & Paper (for notes that you'll like to take down)

Itineary::
4.00 - 4.30 : Introductions and Briefing
4.30 - 5.45 : Free and Easy Shoot around Marina Barrage
5.45 - 6.00 : Meet up at Roof
6.00 - 8.00 : Free and Easy Shoot
8.00 - Midnite : Dinner & chit-chat

Transportation::
Modes of transport that serves Marina Barrage
1. Bus/MRT (Click here for details)
2. Taxi
3. Own transport

Sorry my 4-wheel drive can accommodate 1 person only, hehehehe!

Weather::
Unknown at the moment, will have a clearer picture on Friday & Saturday. Will update
if there are any changes. Nonetheless, expect it to be a hot day. So get covered up
well if you can, and stay hydrated!

Hope to see you all there! Cheers :)

Ever since when u got this impression? Think it's gd to leave it to the organizer to manage his own thread, u can help but sarcastic remarks are not tolerated la ah.. Peace k..:)

Yes,peace.If i caused Dingaroo and Judas any trouble,i apologize:)

Yes,peace.If i caused Dingaroo and Judas any trouble,i apologize:)

No worries, just want to be friends with all, and make this experience a wonderful one. Why make it unpleasant for anybody? This is a hobby after all, we are not pursuing a career or anything. I shoot merely to relax and forget about lesson plans.

Cheers!

To cleonbus and judas,

Please have no hard feelings for each other or me! We all want to learn and share and enjoy taking pictures!

Cheers!

To cleonbus and judas,

Please have no hard feelings for each other or me! We all want to learn and share and enjoy taking pictures!

Cheers!

thank you for smoothing things over in this incident... lets hope this kind of incidents will never happen again... :)

Hey Dingaroo,

It will be hard for me to be there at 4pm. I will try to get there by 5pm. For the golden light, it will only start to get interesting around 6pm. And I will have to go back to have dinner with my family. Sunday is family day, I will be unable to join you all for dinner.

Hi Dingaroo, according to this plan, we go there ard 4pm, OTOT shoot around. then meet up at 5.45?
or do we meet up at 4pm then split up OTOT shoot around then meet up at roof again?

Status
Not open for further replies.