newbie getting a K-R !

interprete it as you wish.

I like to think thats its not the camera but rather the photographer that makes and sells the picture.

Just waiting for people to sell gear they think they need but end up selling because not patient to learn how and when to use. All the better for me who always monitors the Buy and Sale for a deal.

Sorry man, I don't know what exactly you are trying to say ...

Didn't know a pro like you also looking for deals at b&s :think:

Didn't know a pro like you also looking for deals at b&s :think:
who isnt. Only fools with too much money ignore what the second hand market can offer.

Last edited:
D3100 vs K-r??
update us the result..:devil::devil:

update on the results?? I totally noob...first dslr. Just got a thousand dollars worth of capitaland vouchers...so decided to get a dslr.

Right now i am keen on pentax kr but my gf keep on niam me to go for D3100.

My selection critera are as follow -

1) Price
2) Feel and touch
3) PQ
4) How many photos i can take within a burst

Last edited:
You know you just called over half of Singaporeans as fools ...
only half? That was a better result then i actually thought.

update on the results?? I totally noob...first dslr. Just got a thousand dollars worth of capitaland vouchers...so decided to get a dslr.

1) Price
2) Feel and touch
3) PQ
okay...D3100 vs K-R

you can actually do a google search.
here was my result- About 1,920,000 results (0.15 seconds)

as i said...just what you want to do with the camera?

okay...D3100 vs K-R

you can actually do a google search.
here was my result- About 1,920,000 results (0.15 seconds)

as i said...just what you want to do with the camera?

What's with the hostility? You had a tough day at work? Or you had sand stuck in your vagina?

Did i ask you to do a google search? All i am saying is that i am gg down to do a comparsion and my criteria are as follows.

Okay okay, you are the only smart guy here, all the rest are fools. You happy now, pro? :sweatsm:
Guess i am the only non-rich folk here then since no one else even bothers to look at BnS. better for me...no competition when i source for one or two more batteries for my K20D among other things.

What's with the hostility? You had a tough day at work? Or you had sand stuck in your vagina?

Did i ask you to do a google search? All i am saying is that i am gg down to do a comparsion and my criteria are as follows.
what hostility?

you asked for D3100 vs K-R so i showed that there are more then a million sources for it as typing all the differences is a pain.

did you even do a google search and see what other people around the world had to say about it?

your criteria is too vague...anything more specific like will do you require very high iso performance? the ability to take pictures non-stop till card is full? friendly tips in the main menu that show what does what? intervalometer?

Last edited:
Okay okay, you are the only smart guy here, all the rest are fools. You happy now, pro? :sweatsm:

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

pro is decided by pictures, not just repeating one's self that they are pro, and then hinting that they are pro...

1) Price
2) Feel and touch
3) PQ

1) Price wise they are about the same here in SG? Even there is a difference, it won't be too much different
2) this you have to try it by yourself. Everyone has different taste on feel and touch. For me, K-r definitely wins ;)
3) Both should be more than enough for most users, so you don't need to worry too much about this one
4) D3100 is 3fps? If so, then K-r wins at 6fps, you'd be able to take twice as much photos within a burst :cool:

To be honest, you can't go wrong w/ either one. But if you ask me, I'd go w/ K-r. I just like it better.

1) Price wise they are about the same here in SG? Even there is a difference, it won't be too much different
2) this you have to try it by yourself. Everyone has different taste on feel and touch. For me, K-r definitely wins ;)
3) Both should be more than enough for most users, so you don't need to worry too much about this one
4) D3100 is 3fps? If so, then K-r wins at 6fps, you'd be able to take twice as much photos within a burst :cool:

To be honest, you can't go wrong w/ either one. But if you ask me, I'd go w/ K-r. I just like it better.

Hi Fengwei

Many thanks for the advice!

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

pro is decided by pictures, not just repeating one's self that they are pro, and then hinting that they are pro...

Not just that. Real big pros don't even need to buy gear. Big players would sponsor them. And I've never heard any pros looking for stuff like batteries in second hand market, have you?

Not just that. Real big pros don't even need to buy gear. Big players would sponsor them. And I've never heard any pros looking for stuff like batteries in second hand market, have you?

If I am pro, the batteries kept flowing to me and lenses flying.:bsmilie:

No prob. I'm sure you'd love it here if you join the K-lub :) Besides, you want to be like the majorities or just some Kool guys like us :cool:

This is what i told another guy similarly today, he is going to jump from Nikon to Pentax.:D

I support that . Not to forget , K-r build in SR as compare to D3100 no VR if not VR lenses ....

I will chose K-r too ... :) but again .... u put D7000 and K-r side by side I also chose K-r ... :p cos my lens all Pentax one mah :p