newbie getting a K-R !

Thanks for the warm welcome, but I shy :embrass: hahah.

Also, I don't have any camera at the moment - can't possibly sit there and do nothing while you all snap away?

Fengwei is still holding on to the Kr that was loaned by Emjay (the distributor). I'm sure you can use that if no one else has 'booked' it. :)

Maybe you can PM him.

Are they almost exactly the same? Well hopefully SLR R has the K-r on display so I can get a feel of it. Previously I asked to feel the D3100 at Best, the salesman said no display and gave me the D3000 to try instead. He said "similar" but it felt so heavy and different to me as compared to the D3100 (i tried at another shop). (! yeah probably another example of the salesmen just can't be arsed about me)

Because I will be putting the camera in my tote bag so I hope it won't be too heavy.

Sorry TS, like hijack your thread. Congrats on your new buy!! You got the Kit 3 for $1188? Function and value wise I guess the K-r beats the D3100, huh?

Hi Cupnoodles, don't take my word for it, here's a comparision from dpreview
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/pentaxkr/

K-r should be available to touch and feel from SLR and alan photo at funan.

Good Luck

Finally went to the right SLR revolution....finally bot the KR with Kit 3. No stock though..will need to go down and collect tomorrow.

Thank you all for your advices!

Congratz !!!!! Hope to see you in next outing :)

Hi estrangable, What are the items that come with the kit 3? Does it come with bags,battery etc.

comes with nothing.. :( ....not even a SD card

Are they almost exactly the same? Well hopefully SLR R has the K-r on display so I can get a feel of it. Previously I asked to feel the D3100 at Best, the salesman said no display and gave me the D3000 to try instead. He said "similar" but it felt so heavy and different to me as compared to the D3100 (i tried at another shop). (! yeah probably another example of the salesmen just can't be arsed about me)

Because I will be putting the camera in my tote bag so I hope it won't be too heavy.

Sorry TS, like hijack your thread. Congrats on your new buy!! You got the Kit 3 for $1188? Function and value wise I guess the K-r beats the D3100, huh?

Hi Cup,

i saw yr thread at the newbie corner and replied to you... anyway, D3100 is selling at 835 at SLR revolution. If you are a member of challenger and you drive, then you can get it at 833.. comes with a 8G SD card. Frankly speaking, it's value for $$. Whereas KR sells at 910 for a Kit 1 and comes with absolutely nothing....

But in terms of functions and touch, i prefer the KR...esp it can shoot 6ps while d3100 shoots 3ps...

hope it helps!

I understand your approach. There are times I do the same, do my research, know what I want, go to shop, pay and byebye. However, now I am paying for a product +/- $1k, so I would prefer to 'discuss' or 'talk abit' rather than "pay and go".

Maybe it is also because I view service to be quite important.

Or maybe I just need some assurance on my choice of purchase. :S no one will be able to discuss with me or accompany me when I make my purchase, and I am a super newbie, so I thought that maybe the salesman will be able to make certain recommendations or give some opinions. Of course like mentioned, they will probably just push the product with the highest profit margin.

Hmm.. Actually, if you join the outing and that's the best place to have assurance of your choice of purchase. ;) Hopefully, as Pinholecam has answer, you are able to have a feel or borrow from Fengwei (PM him).

It's great to have a chat or maybe discuss with the Sales person. However, since Pentax does not have a Demo set where you can't really try it out fully like taking a picture with it. And the sales person can or will be saying it's key features and whatever they know. At the outing, you can have a feel and also really try how the camera works in actual condition which is the best. And the users view of it also.

Actually, if you see the comparison at here, the Nikon 3100 is supposedly lighter than the 3000. Did the sales person let you try without the batteries? :dunno:

Hmm if you like to put your camera in a tote bag. K-R pair with a DA 35mm F2.4 or a DA40mm Ltd F2.8 would make it so good and small. :devil:

I got a testing Kr and K5, if you guys wanna try them out, please join the outing :)

i am new to photography, and bought the k-x recently...
plus there is the kool factor of not being part of the canikon herd :p

funny i tot i heard a Kia driver saying the same thing about Honyato.....

anyway, kr specs seems to beat D3100 is many areas... hmmm.. another headache for me...
(going to be dslr newbie)

Is this camera available to be molest at stores in Funan?
Really hope to see it in the flesh and know the price before committing...

Called them too late and they just told me they are close and ask me to call back on Monday!
Wait another 3 days... Damn it!!!!

Called them too late and they just told me they are close and ask me to call back on Monday!

come for the outing lah...

alan photo and SLR in funan should have them

First Post. Geee.. I wish I can join you guys. I am 2 nights away from the event:(

I will get inspirations from your photos though!:)

Is SLR Revo open open on Sundays right? 'will have to feel how a k-r really feels!:bsmilie:

Last edited:
First Post. Geee.. I wish I can join you guys. I am 2 nights away from the event:(

I will get inspirations from your photos though!:)

Is SLR Revo open open on Sundays right? 'will have to feel how a k-r really feels!:bsmilie:

Yes they are open . . . :devil:

Hi all, bought my Kr kit 3 from emjay on last Thurs but unable to join the outing due to work. Also bought my digi-cabi 50L and UV filter at TK photo.

welcome to the family!! :D