Newbie but retired and old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, eagle star. A very warm welcome to you.
You make me feel so young.. :)
I bid you bon voyage in your journey of photography.

wish i can say i have lots of grey hair(i have lesser hair by the day, to a balding men, grey or silver hair are a thousand times better than no hair!)

Oly EP2 would be a great camera to start your photographic journey. The out of camera jpegs are good and the built in filters are fun to use. Good luck.:cool:

Thank to help and posting in CS. Yesterday bought for myself a Pentax K7 ($1350), with twin lenses ($439) (DA18-55WR and DA 50-200WR) from CS Colour. Please don't laugh at this old man. Guess I will start from green mode (auto), just like other PnS and go from there.

First impression, Wah so many buttons, so many screens. How? Press a lightning symbol and out pop a flash. Style man! Even changing these two lenses also quite a challenge because got to figure how to dismount and mount the lenses. Took some photographs of my Sheltie (pet dog) and look great.

Load up the Pentax software and right now BLUR.

If I need help in my posting, please help.

hey :) welcome to clubsnap! i admire ur bravery. there isnt many people past the age of 55 who are able to actually wanna try to use the computer or pick a new skill:) i respect u for ur attitude.
as for cameras, depending if u wanna spend ur retirement days doing what type of photography, it would determine what camera u are going to use, along with wad other possible equipment.

are u going to do family photos, like photos of ur cute grandson? or would it be architectural? :) u might wanna let us know so we could help.

many of the more experienced photographers here have thier own lobang as to where to buy cameras. shop usually gives those old customers a special price. u could as them get for u too:)

Thank to help and posting in CS. Yesterday bought for myself a Pentax K7 ($1350), with twin lenses ($439) (DA18-55WR and DA 50-200WR) from CS Colour. Please don't laugh at this old man. Guess I will start from green mode (auto), just like other PnS and go from there.

First impression, Wah so many buttons, so many screens. How? Press a lightning symbol and out pop a flash. Style man! Even changing these two lenses also quite a challenge because got to figure how to dismount and mount the lenses. Took some photographs of my Sheltie (pet dog) and look great.

Load up the Pentax software and right now BLUR.

If I need help in my posting, please help.
For a K-7 that is a very good deal. For the same functions on Canon or Nikon, you probably be looking at $3k or more. Pentax has many great lenses too. Enjoy your photography journey.

IMHO the new DSLR is like a laptop computer squeezed into a camera body.
Following through the instruction manual (IM) for Pentax K7, one will get a hang of it quite fast on all the buttons, features and functions. Althought I think taking a good photograph to be appreciate by others is another matter entirely. After two days of studying through the IM, I am now confidently able to walk through almost all the functions and features. Yesterday I was stuck at a screen for about two hours, only to find out later that, that screen do not operate at green (auto) button. Please don't laugh at this old man. The pleasure is realising later why it was so. Felt rather stupid though.
I am amazed, mystified, and marvel at what a K& can do. Now never regretted getting the K7. If only I had known earlier how technology had progressed in the photographic world. I really have missed much. Next week will be a week of outing to put mysely into the pratical test. Hope that I will make it. Send some encouragement please to this old man.

IMHO the new DSLR is like a laptop computer squeezed into a camera body.
Following through the instruction manual (IM) for Pentax K7, one will get a hang of it quite fast on all the buttons, features and functions. Althought I think taking a good photograph to be appreciate by others is another matter entirely. After two days of studying through the IM, I am now confidently able to walk through almost all the functions and features. Yesterday I was stuck at a screen for about two hours, only to find out later that, that screen do not operate at green (auto) button. Please don't laugh at this old man. The pleasure is realising later why it was so. Felt rather stupid though.
I am amazed, mystified, and marvel at what a K& can do. Now never regretted getting the K7. If only I had known earlier how technology had progressed in the photographic world. I really have missed much. Next week will be a week of outing to put mysely into the pratical test. Hope that I will make it. Send some encouragement please to this old man.

Hi! Congratulations on your new cam! :)

I am also holding a K-7 for 7 months and never regretted having it. It's a marvel of good design I might say.

if you have any doubts or any problems, the nice guys (like me:angel:) over there (pentax sub-group) are more than happy to help you. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.