Montage 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yjx said:
Best to keep it to 3:2.
Cuz, the ulitmate output is A3, 420mm by 297mm or 16.54" by 11.69"
Roughly 3:2... ...

since the ultimate output is A3 i think its best to crop your image to the a3 aspect ratio before uploading.. the best is to crop it around 2400 px by 1700 px as the server will not allow any image larger than 2400px on each side to be uploaded. any queries or doubts regarding the competition can be sent to competition@montage.sg =)

i am wondering what one can expect from the workshops? hands-on type learning? the website is not helpful in this respect.

hi reachme...we are in the process of discussing with the speakers what would be included in the workshop to give u the best value possible...

What we currently have in mind is for a short demo or video especially in cedric's session, but all this is tentative for we have to take into account the logistics in our venue.

I will definately keep u guys informed through this thread once the confirmation comes.

cheers

thanks, pls be thorough in your choice of speakers as this year's event reminded me of ruth soh.

Witness said:
hi reachme...we are in the process of discussing with the speakers what would be included in the workshop to give u the best value possible...

What we currently have in mind is for a short demo or video especially in cedric's session, but all this is tentative for we have to take into account the logistics in our venue.

I will definately keep u guys informed through this thread once the confirmation comes.

cheers

why does this years event reminds u of ruth soh this far....i do understand your concern as i was there last year too (though i wasnt in NUSPS yet)....

To: Members of School Photographic Societies...

The School Sales package still stands at buy 10 get 2 free (student tickets only). There should be a publicity package sent out to all schools, which includes the poster/postcards etc. If your school has not received it, do contact me.

Workshop Price: $4 each
Seminar Price: $10

If any of you are interested, do feel free to email me at course@nusps.org.sg or PM me with your orders. We will arrange for someone to pass you people the tickets then.

Cheers!
Gerald

erm... what is this Montage thing all about? what's the concept all about? is it multiple pictures arranged into one or just one picture?

mohgui said:
erm... what is this Montage thing all about? what's the concept all about? is it multiple pictures arranged into one or just one picture?

Montage is an annual event organised by NUSPS.
This is the 8th Montage and the theme is ~Behind the Seen~.

For the submission of entries, each individual can only submit 4 digital entries, and the entries will be judged seperately, hence no requirement for a "series" or "collage" to be done.

More info @ http://www.montage.sg

Question:

must the photo taken within Singapore? Or anywhere around the world.. :dunno:

pls come and collect ya tickets from me in school.... with ya money of coz...

Witness said:
anywhere ard the world is fine....

even pics from the moon or even mars also can...

yup...do keep in mind that the theme is behind the seen...how u intepret it is ...oh well hahaha

is there a prob with the submission? i only managed to upload one photo. tried to upload the other 2 another time and it just won't submit.

drumma said:
is there a prob with the submission? i only managed to upload one photo. tried to upload the other 2 another time and it just won't submit.

Hi,
did you ensure it was jpeg, and at 2400pixels?
If so, and you still cannot submit, do let us know, and we'll feedback to Hardwarezone asap.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

okie.. now i'm confused. in this thread it says at least 2400 pixels on the longer side(referring to 1st page).

so do u mean i should submit 2400 pixels on the longer side? no more no less?

thanks for the prompt reply! :D

regards

drumma said:
okie.. now i'm confused. in this thread it says at least 2400 pixels on the longer side(referring to 1st page).

so do u mean i should submit 2400 pixels on the longer side? no more no less?

thanks for the prompt reply! :D

regards

Sorry for the confusion.:embrass:
2400 pixels on the longer side, no more, no less, should be the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.