Modification of Nikon TC-16A For D50/70/80/80/200/300

huggable

Nov 2, 2004
East side
Having modified the TC-16A on 2 occasions, I'm offering the circuitry modification as a hobby. The modification will enable the TC-16A to be used on D50/70/80/90/200/300. It is also reversible.

The D2 series can work on both modified and un-modified TC-16A.

Bumping up! In case anyone is interested.

Received some queries pertaining to the mod. Would prefer an un-modded TC to work on, but still, no worries.

:thumbsup: for this thread.

TC-16a modification service available! :thumbsup:

Just completed the mod for a fellow CS'r.
3791907805_5ec03a0e07_o.jpg

Now I do full modification including the adding the post for minimum aperture detection. Fully functional with D50/70/80/90 series.

Great job on the modification! Would highly recommend it to anyone with a TC-16a and mid-range Nikon cameras who want to turn their manual lenses into autofocus ones.

Thanks for letting me work on your TC. Have fun!

Great job on the modification! Would highly recommend it to anyone with a TC-16a and mid-range Nikon cameras who want to turn their manual lenses into autofocus ones.

Upz for the service! Contact me if you'd like to make the TC-16A work on your mid-range Nikon DSLR.

Did another conversion a few weeks ago for a fellow CS'r. Thanks!

Bumping up! Service still available.

I just ordered TC-16A and want to use it on my D300 with the lens Nikon 300mm 2.8 AIS. Could you please help me to mod the TC? Thanks.

Bringing this up! Service still available.

Modification service available!

For overseas owners, it's generally not worthwhile to ship the item to SG, sorry.

So do you mean that like example: D5000 doesn't have af motor, after modding the tc-16a, usage of the 50mm f1.8d will make it autofocus instead of manual?

You need a D50 or higher-end camera to drive the AF groups in the TC-16A. On a D5k, you'll only get focal length extension.

So do you mean that like example: D5000 doesn't have af motor, after modding the tc-16a, usage of the 50mm f1.8d will make it autofocus instead of manual?

Huggable had actually help me to convert my Nikon TC-16A to work with my D200.

Guys it works. .. i am still using this for my old F90 and still workable...
The end result is actually very good, you will not be able to notice the mod if not for the extra hole it needed to drill for the mod. Thumbs up for huggable...

If you have a TC-16A lying around, why not bring it back to life and use it with our DSLR?

Thanks for the feedback, Klein!

Glad to know that you don't need to get 2 units of TC-16A for film and digital bodies. :)