Models/wannabe models please be careful... (Bogus photographer arrested for coercing)

My concern is, so if I am to do a tfcd shoot of exposing theme, say lingerie or even nudity, wouldn't it put me at a risk cause a model can just turn around and said I promised them this and that and didn't fulfill the promises; or even that I didn't pay them even though I 'agreed' when in actual fact no monetary compensation was agreed.

got email to contact model right...... got pm on clubsnap, at the very least.....

And what is the definition of a "professional photographer"?

If my friends once paid me $20 per hour to help them shoot for their blogshops, can I tell prospective models that I am a "professional" photographer? I mean I did earned some money with my photography skills right?

a professional photographer generates significant amounts of income with photography. i think for most competitions there is a certain % of your salary being deemed as being due to photography.. you can easily look it up.

unless you managed to work for 10 hours a day for the entire month for your friends, i don't think you really qualify as professional. sorry.

I just hope local girls, who aspire to be models, would look out for people as in guy the article, but also be more open to people who simply wants to shoot good pictures, and not jeopardise the person's future due to disagreement. :)

i think there is a tendency to be hush hush about it, rather than go out all guns blazing.

if not, you bet there won't be such losers being arrested in such a manner in the first place - it's because they think they can get away with it.

a professional photographer generates significant amounts of income with photography. i think for most competitions there is a certain % of your salary being deemed as being due to photography.. you can easily look it up.

unless you managed to work for 10 hours a day for the entire month for your friends, i don't think you really qualify as professional. sorry.

Nay. I think there are a lot of self proclaim professionals out there.

proof of payment ....... ever heard of a cheque or issuing a reciept and getting an acknowledgement ?

They can't be superman.
But they can own PROfessional camera and PROfessional lenses. :bsmilie:

that one any kuku who earns enough money at his day job can do.......

camera also can't be expensive until where..... not like car or house :bsmilie::bsmilie:

just google Tan Eng Hwa Photographer .......

Last edited:
Read this story about Bogus Photographer!!! Just for an Info!!!

Bogus photographer arrested for coercing sexual favours

Police have arrested a 35—year—old man who posed as a professional photographer to coerce young female victims into giving in to his sexual demands and giving him money.

Since November, two such cases were reported.

In these cases, the suspect had befriended two 20 year—old female victims online and led them to believe that he would pay them for modeling assignments.

When the suspect met the victims, he would request them to undress and pose in revealing photo shoots.

At the end of the photo—shoot, the suspect would renege on his promise to pay the victims or assist them in securing modeling assignments.

He would also threaten to post compromising photos of the victim on the Internet if the victims did not give in to his sexual demands or give him money.

The culprit had remained elusive and could not be easily traced.

However, through protracted enquiries and investigative follow—up, officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division managed to arrest the culprit at Kitchener Road on Tuesday.

Preliminary investigations indicated that the suspect could be involved in more cases.

Police are urging the victims to lodge a police report if they have not done so.

The suspect will be charged in court on Thursday for Cheating and Criminal Intimidation under the Penal Code.

Interesting to see the backlash. Mind sharing the source of this news?

Any further info about this guy ?

just flash at yahoo homepage...5minutes ago...i also very curious want to know what happen here.....keep update all bros and sisters!!!

Oh.. What a news.. btw tis shd be in Kopitiam.. :bsmilie:

oppsss...sorry!!! Mods maybe can help me to move this to kopitiam...paisey...

merged

Thanks Nazeree for bring up this piece of good news as a warning to guilty photographers and also as a wake up call to models.

Responsible Clubsnap members have raise such deplorable practices before and now with this piece of news, hopefully will stop all those with motives other than photography.