LX5 - Availability in Singapore & elsewhere

Bought my lx5 at Cathay Marina at $680 but must be by cash. Bonus buying at Marina is that the receipt can be used to redeem $20 Marina voucher at Information counter.

Just bought from TK photo 2 days back and went to redeemed it this afternoon. Exciting buy for me.

something to share, TK photo does not charge extra for the white model, unlike some shops i asked. so something to consider if you are thinking of the white model.

Oh btw, just to ask, how do you guys maintain it, ie do we need a dry cupboard for it? :dunno:
can show us the leather case? thanks

can show us the leather case? thanks

Here you go...
Lumix-Leather-Case.jpg

no lumix case for me ):

Will like to ask how much is a lx5 battery? Thanks. :)

$80 for LX5 original. Till now now able to find 3rd party LX5 battery.

there are 3rd party batteries for LX5 but it does not show the battery life remaining
suggest waiting a little longer :)

Has anyone tried using the LX5 with a higher capacity SD card (other than 8gb)?

Bought my lx5 at Cathay Marina at $680 but must be by cash. Bonus buying at Marina is that the receipt can be used to redeem $20 Marina voucher at Information counter.

I called them up today and the salesman replied that they are selling at $715 leh.
How come the price increase liao?...:bigeyes:

anyone recee at sitex yet? care to share the price and freebies?

anyone recee at sitex yet? care to share the price and freebies?

Don't bother, Panasonic isn't featured in Sitex.

Real Packed Deals is the currently islandwide promotion as fellow forum members have shared - a free Garskin redemption card, a LUMIX travel kit consisting on a lenspen, lens cleaning cloth and blower in a small translucent case, and premium leather case DMW-CLX5E-K ;)

Has anyone tried using the LX5 with a higher capacity SD card (other than 8gb)?

I am using a 32gb class 10 sd card. It is fast. I bought it off Amazon for US$50. Using the highest res, it is about 7k plus Picture.

do you guys post the hardcopy warranty card back to panasonic after registering online???

do you guys post the hardcopy warranty card back to panasonic after registering online???

I suppose no need.
The staff asked me if I have register online(which I did) when I produce my warranty card for the gift redemption and they just return the warranty card to me after stamping "redeemed" on it.

Yesterday went to Sitex hoping to get the LX5 but left the place empty handed. :angry: In the end went to TKfoto at Funan and bought the cam at $680. :D

finally joined the lx5 family after much hesitation! :D

hey just to check, if i get a white one, and the accessories like extra flash and wide angle lens are all black i supposed, isnt it wierd combi?