Punggol end sounds great but the only problem is transportation =<

For Those Wana go PUNGGOL end mayb we can meet up 1st

Wat time are you all looking at ?

Eclipse begins at 2:23 AM on June 16, 2011

Total Eclipse begins at 3:22 AM
Total Eclipse ends at 5:03 AM

Eclipse ends at 6:02AM
Ok, please enlighten me,
if I want to shoot the whole eclipse, I need to set up the camera at the site and stay there for three and a half hours??

Cloudy at Sengkang now.

If you're shooting for the first time it's good to go early to take test shots to find your correct exposure. You will find as totality approaches you need to increase your exposure. Also, if your lens isn't good enough to give you a detailed view of the moon, you can try sequences.
I shot this years ago with a 200mm lens. The top and bottom row are taken at the same time with different exposures.

EclipseFinal1.jpg

And this is almost a 100% crop with the 200mm lens. Not very pleasing as 200mm is not long enough.

EclipseAndEarthshine.jpg

I will shooting outside my house as i can get full view of it .. 3:25 is the actual time where moon become red (READ NEWSPAPER) till 5am then back to normal .. will share the photo here asap ..

I WILL be at Punggol Beach at 3am with my wife and my dad all shooting&#8230;maybe will meet more people there from CS&#8230;just say hi if you see a guy with a lady and an older man&#8230;.that's ME

any1 wana go to punggol end.... coz i might meet up u u coz i thought of going there as it near my place???

Yah i will b going to Punggol end.......but partly cloudy today leh. Dunno what time go......think i go there ard 1plus......

Punggol end is also punggol beach?

Bright and round now! Let's hope the skies stays clear!

Yah i will b going to Punggol end.......but partly cloudy today leh. Dunno what time go......think i go there ard 1plus......

Wah so early ah&#8230;i only going at 3pm cause well tomorrow is still a work day..need to wake up, shoot for maybe 1 hour, come home sleep then go work in the morning like zombie..hehe&#8230;take it like watching Champion's league la..

Hahaha.....go there set up & chop a spot mah. Already decided not to sleep liao, tmw work like a zombie lor. :( Actually also quite long hor......think i bring a book. Lolz......
Yah same lah, punggol beach is also the end. Juz dun turn in to 17th Ave, go straight all the way......:)

Good evening all ClubSnap shooters...l'll be joining Tupac at Punggol beach later... See u guys there...Just like to asked if 105mm lense unsuitable for the shoot...?

If you're shooting for the first time it's good to go early to take test shots to find your correct exposure. You will find as totality approaches you need to increase your exposure. Also, if your lens isn't good enough to give you a detailed view of the moon, you can try sequences.
I shot this years ago with a 200mm lens. The top and bottom row are taken at the same time with different exposures.

EclipseFinal1.jpg

And this is almost a 100% crop with the 200mm lens. Not very pleasing as 200mm is not long enough.

EclipseAndEarthshine.jpg

any way to counter the strong flare when eclipse happens??

anyone here has a 2x teleconverter??