Lunar Eclipse June 16,2011

Hope to go... but no car, MRT and bus not operating that early... must take Taxi... but I am a cheapskate... so I think I will pass and try to shoot from home, if cannot, then forget it. Hahahaha.

Just wondering..is there any possible place to catch it from the east if it's pointing to the western hemisphere? Would be the same location like a sunset? (ie Punggol Beach)
I would like to shoot this but being a work day..maybe just go out for 1 hour and shoot and i live in the east so…need to find an eastern location to shoot…Pasir Ris Beach? Punggol Beach? Anyone knows?

from the location that you want to shoot, do the following:
At about 1040 hrs. on 12/6/2011 stand on the spot where you want to photo the moon. with your back to the sun look in the direction of your shadow look up and estimate the same angle (height of the sun). That is where the moon will be on the night of full eclipse at 03:22:1 at 04:12 :6 the middle of eclipse.
Hope this helps.

Huh? So chim.....anyone has try out the theory? I also stay near ECP, would love to give it a try if it is in the east side. :)

Well made a few observations of my own and at around 2am, my block top floor has a full view! SWW general direction. Bukit Panjang here.

I only wish for the clouds to clear away, its been realli cloudy and blocking the full view of the moon most of the time.

Anybody knows if WCP is a good place to take the eclipse?

I didn't do any recee but tonight, i'm going to go to Punggol Beach and see if i can actually shoot the eclipse :) Was supposed to check it out last night but ended up sleeping through the night haha..so tonight it'll just be a risk i'll have to take at Punggol beach..i figured if i can take sunsets there, i should also be able to see the moon..

I am looking at Jurong Hill. But 4am there abit scary. lol

Maybe I will try at Telok Blangah Hill Park since I am staying at the south.
Hope Huang Na won't come and say hello to me...

I'm interested to get the eclipse picture too! but unfortunately i dont have long lens... :cry:

I didn't do any recee but tonight, i'm going to go to Punggol Beach and see if i can actually shoot the eclipse :) Was supposed to check it out last night but ended up sleeping through the night haha..so tonight it'll just be a risk i'll have to take at Punggol beach..i figured if i can take sunsets there, i should also be able to see the moon..

Yah i will b trying at Punggol beach also. Cos there's once i tried the sunrise, the full moon was really nice then ard 6am. But lens not good enough leh, oni 300mm. :( Punggol beach is at least safe, got police. Hee.......

Anybody staying near Hougang who want to try? o:

any1 wana go to punggol end.... coz i might meet up u u coz i thought of going there as it near my place???