Lumix FX8-Bad Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

oZoom

Jul 4, 2003
West
Visit site
I bought a brand new FX8 without checking, took some shots, left it in the leather case for 3 days as i was busy.
On the 4th day when i was free, got it out to explore . to my horror, saw a 'chunk' of brownish dust under the LCD. (wonder i am only 1 having this problem)

send it to Pana. Their service guy called 1 week later to notify me that they will replace a new set ......... but that will take 3 weeks ! the nice guy explained that theres documentation etc, sending of the faulty set back to Japan etc. I have not even played with it and i aredi lose 1 month of warranty / usage !;(

That evening, i emailed the Pana support requesting for an explanation and refund if possible......... well almost a week now and no reply :dunno: sad..... and disappointed.

Out of curosity Which shop u bought from and Did u went back to the shop to check any replacment allow?

ms , actually sent back to the shop thinking they cud replace immediately, however, the Pana rep was there at that time and took the cam back for servicing.

Actually you should demand a 1 to 1 replace as long as it's within 1 wk.

psx2sg said:
Actually you should demand a 1 to 1 replace as long as it's within 1 wk.

hi,

fm the shop or pana ? :think:

oZoom said:
hi,

shop.

the shop will then go pana claim

sianz just called ms, sayz they aredi pass to pana to handle, cud not do anything. Sad... been their customer for years. now hv to face big giant pana .

thanks guys, for giving advice

oZoom said:
hi,

Ya. I agree. If it is less than 7 days the shop should replace u a brand new set if not ask for refund. I also bought my FX8 1 month ago the camera is always in my leather case dun have tis problem.

smartbuy said:
Ya. I agree. If it is less than 7 days the shop should replace u a brand new set if not ask for refund. I also bought my FX8 1 month ago the camera is always in my leather case dun have tis problem.

thks smartbuy.

Now Panasonic puts the blame to MS Color (which i agree) saying that they shud give me a 1 to 1 exchange instead, sigh :dunno: and MS says they are unable to do anything.......... just my bad luck ;)

oZoom said:
thks smartbuy.

Now Panasonic puts the blame to MS Color (which i agree) saying that they shud give me a 1 to 1 exchange instead, sigh :dunno: and MS says they are unable to do anything.......... just my bad luck ;)

Just write a complaint email (demand a new set) to Panasonic Service Centre and MS color, and tell them how disappointing and badly is their after sales service and let them sort out the issue. They should replace you a new set.

oZoom said:
thks smartbuy.

Pana can't just change what they said in the beginning. Did you take down the name of the service guy that told you they'll replace it wiith a new set? If yes, just throw them that name and demand that they keep their word.

Yes, demand from Panasonic & from MS Color. Actually how can Panasonic put the blame on MS Color & said they dun give refund? The set was taken back to themselves, they are agent wat... Another point also is i do agree that in the first 7 days, the consumer have the right to demand MS Color to exchange 1 to 1 a new set.

think you should talk to MS. maybe work out something like they give you a new set and when you got the replacement then return to them. have always bought from MS ans service have been good. can try la and sound upset about it. talk to the lady boss. i am sure they can do something.

thks all bro here for reply :

Panasonic says they will replace me a new set, however that will take about 3 weeks+ including the 1 week after sending in = 1 mth + !

My argument was why shud i wait that long, isnt it suppose to be a 1 to 1 exchange immediately since its only 4th day that i bought the cam in. Pana service mgr replied that supposedly the shop should give me a 1 to 1 and that they deal with Pana separately.

So I called MS Color request for a new set immediately, or a refund to purchase another digi cam. MS replied that as it was pass on to Pana that very day, i should deal and demand for an immediate replacement from Pana.

push push push, when i get my new fx8 later, think psychologically i will hate it. Who is interested ? selling for cheap :D :D

how cheap is cheap hahaa

I think Panasonic is a bit rigid in this case, instead of speak to the customer service officer, try to ask for their manager in charge to speak to you, who probably will have the power to overwrite certain rules to please customer, if they still can't solve it, hint that you may write to ST to complain about poor service, which no companies will like that for sure.

jestin said:
lOl.. but anyway..overall hows the camera's performance... excluding your poor bad experience. =X

dont even have the chance to explore further, only got a couple of snap shots on the 1st evening.. the pics turn out quite okay, u want a review ? LOL

anyway, think its the mgr who liase with me since day 1. called him again this aft and told him how upset i am and how disappointed i am with Pana (i do not know how to kick up a fuss, sigh), told him repeatedly that this isn't right..... He called me in the evening to tell me that the New Replacement Set just arrive fm Japan ... I can collect it anytime ...

thanks guyz, hope this cam performs or else it will prob be my last pana digi.

jus a OT for the pana service ctr...i used to have s pana LD player (haha i m tat old) n broke down with the same fault 3 times w/i 7 mth of uses, i ask a replacement instead of keep bring back for repair, u know what? they replaced me a brand new latest model n a $$ ;p refund on the diff in retail price (falling price of the electronics goods), not bad right;) ? some time as a comsumer we have to make some noise for the right.

oZoom said:
called him again this aft and told him how upset i am and how disappointed i am with Pana (i do not know how to kick up a fuss, sigh), told him repeatedly that this isn't right..... He called me in the evening to tell me that the New Replacement Set just arrive fm Japan ... I can collect it anytime ...

Better go take a.s.a.p :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.