K7 Tips and Tricks

You half press again and it still doesn't change?
This is pretty strange..

yes on my k-7 in p mode when i half press it dosent change the iso ...!!!

On your top display, can you see the word "auto" under the ISO indication?
In P mode if you adjust the ISO, it goes into manual ISO mode according to what you set. You need to press the "ISO" + green button together to go back to auto. Once done, you will see the "auto" indication under ISO.
:)

On your top display, can you see the word "auto" under the ISO indication?
In P mode if you adjust the ISO, it goes into manual ISO mode according to what you set. You need to press the "ISO" + green button together to go back to auto. Once done, you will see the "auto" indication under ISO.
:)

Haha it works !;) maybe i should read the manual more in depth next time:bigeyes:

Haha it works !;) maybe i should read the manual more in depth next time:bigeyes:

No worries. I had the same issue until someone pointed out to me during one of the Pentax outings. That is why its good to join in and take advantage of the collective. ;)

No worries. I had the same issue until someone pointed out to me during one of the Pentax outings. That is why its good to join in and take advantage of the collective. ;)
this makes me regret i did not join the outing last time. when is the next one?

Just wanna make sure that my lens ,sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 dc dosent have the quick shift feature right? when i manual focus while my k-7 is set to AF its like turning all the gears and its real hard to turn :eek: I always have to switch to MF when taking vidoes :sticktong

Just wanna make sure that my lens ,sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 dc dosent have the quick shift feature right? when i manual focus while my k-7 is set to AF its like turning all the gears and its real hard to turn :eek: I always have to switch to MF when taking vidoes :sticktong

No. As far as I can remember, quick shift is not available for the 18-200mm. In fact, its found more on premium models such as the limited series. :)

don't do that, i suspect it hurts the AF motor assembly..flick to MF then will dislodge the mechanical coupling inside

Last edited:
No. As far as I can remember, quick shift is not available for the 18-200mm. In fact, its found more on premium models such as the limited series. :)

All the DA lenses have the quick shift focusing except for the DA18-250 and the DA-L lenses.

Ok been testing shutter speed at trying to freeze my fan ... This is really wierd or isit just me ? when i on my flash shutter speed is capped at 1/180 right ? and when i take a pic of the fan , it freezes it ;) , but when i OFF my flash and set shutter speed from 1/200 and all the way to 1/1250 the fan blades are all blur and did not freeze it :cry: any explanations ?? shouldnt a faster shutter make it freeze even more ?? and its even fater than the shot taken with the flash ..

Last edited:
The shutter may be 1/180, but the flash itself is very very fast, much much faster.

the lens kit u are saying, is it the 18-55 n 50-200 WR. If I did not remember wrongly, 18-55wr should be 52mm. The 50-200 wr is 49mm.

I don't know where to get the uv filter, sorry. 49mm hoya filter seem hard to find. Or I too lazy to go search. Hee.

Circular Polarizer and ND filters recommendation. Lens: kit 18-50mm and 50-200mm. I believe both are 49mm, right? Any recommendation on brand (Hoya, I assume) and which shop to provide better buy? SLR Rev again or ... Thanks

Circular Polarizer and ND filters recommendation. Lens: kit 18-50mm and 50-200mm. I believe both are 49mm, right? Any recommendation on brand (Hoya, I assume) and which shop to provide better buy? SLR Rev again or ... Thanks

Filter diameters are always marked on the lens. It should be 52mm for the 18-55mm. The 50-200mm depends on which version you have DA and DA-L are 52mm while WR is 49mm.

Any reason why you think you need an ND filter?
49mm filters can be a little hard to find, I find it best to simply order from ebay. Make sure you check the rep of the stores when you buy, some do sell fakes. Hoya is often the most popular choice, but I find the price a little too high to stomach. I went with Marumi, which seem to be getting good reviews, and the prices are more to my liking.

Better to just look at the front of your lenses to see what size filters you need, you can't go wrong that way....

Advice needed: I want to recycle all my 55mm Hoya filters (from my Canon AE-1 days) for my K7 kit lens. I like to buy the step up ring 49 to 52 mm; and 52mm to 55 mm. Hence I need to buy 2 step up rings. I googled, and advise to buy "metal" ring. My 40mm f2.8 is 49mm, 18-50mm is 49mm; and 50-200mm is 52mm. Has anyone had this experience of using step up ring, and if so; what's your feedback? And which vendor is a good shop to buy from. I noted recently Dimage was selling it online here; but that thread seems to disappear overnight. Never sure where the advert goes...The portal does not have a search engine and I could be wrong. Your tips should be very useful to me. Ah, also what flash is good for K7? Nissin i622? I m doing for fun; not trying to make money out of it.

There are 49mm to 55mm step-up rings that you can find on eBay.
I think Orient Photo and other local camera shops may have them too.