K-30 Officially Announce ...

k30shine.jpg

This 1 is cool :bigeyes:

Second that! My k7 had been serving me well the last few years... Definitely waiting & seeing what will be the k5 replacement...

Or should i hoot a k30 now ???

gummy73 said:
Hahah bro..O still waiting..but what i want to see is the improve auto focusing first..if they have really improve on tat..i think the K5 sucessor or the future FF will sell like hotcakes but of course this is only me..Like some other think that the auto forcus does not affect their shooting its ok.But i must said Pentax is not CHEAP but Value For Money!!!! which i can said no other brand till now can compare!!!:D

Frank, thanks for the info :)
Seem K30 is replacement for Kr, then K3 shd be replacement for K5 :)

waiting for the K-5 replacement. If AF for k-30 is good, I won't hesitate get one the first day it is available...

waiting for the K-5 replacement. If AF for k-30 is good, I won't hesitate get one the first day it is available...

Then we see alot of k-x and k-r floating in the B&S ;p

Anybody wanna buy my customer blue k-r from japan? LOL

I've thought about it and my answer is no. Of course that may change if somehow the K-30 has significant improvement over the K-5.. But based on paper specs and the assumption that there has been no improvement in the already-excellent sensor, then no for now.

I think for me i will wait till i hear more about its performance... anyway my K-5 is only 6 mths old...

Haaa mine few weeks old.. Not likely to go for it... Will wait for FF... Kekeke

I think for me i will wait till i hear more about its performance... anyway my K-5 is only 6 mths old...

The lighter weight and cheaper camera body (in case of robbery or theft overseas in not too safe places) is attractive to me, and so too is the promise of a revised AF system .
If someone offers to buy my K5, I'd be willing to switch.
Its more like a conscious lateral move than an up/down grade IMO. (win some lose some)

Otherwise, I'll wait to be wowed by K5 replacement or K-FF

Err... If yours currently black in color, then get a black one too? :p

the missus using pentax too.. haha hers is k-x so don't think can hide like that... :(

grahf23 said:
the missus using pentax too.. haha hers is k-x so don't think can hide like that... :(

Haha!! Aww... That's no fun! Atleast mine's better.. She request for one as birthday present.. LoL! Luckily her bday falls on the last day of the year. More than enough time to save up together for the K5 replacement for myself~ :p

Possible to mount a battery grip on K30?

cyc1op said:
Possible to mount a battery grip on K30?

Likely not possible to mount a grip as no contact point are visible on the base of the camera.

Likely not possible to mount a grip as no contact point are visible on the base of the camera.

Any reason why Kr and now K30 do not allow mounting of grip? Adding contact point increase the camera cost significantly?

Any reason why Kr and now K30 do not allow mounting of grip? Adding contact point increase the camera cost significantly?

Why would you need a grip?
Modern day Lithium batteries have made the need for one less necessary.
The only use is for the extra portrait orientation button.

P3ntx said:
I am still waiting for more serious substantial upgrade!

U have.... It's called 645D... -_-"..

Last edited:
Beside the additional battery life, I found that the camera weight is more balanced. I have handled my friend's 60D with a battery grip. Although its heavier, I can hold it longer than my Kr without feeling the strain. Maybe I got weak hand, thus more sensitive to this.

Why would you need a grip?
Modern day Lithium batteries have made the need for one less necessary.
The only use is for the extra portrait orientation button.