K-30 ... K-r Replacment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aiya... In business sense, it's not a matter of "Might as well sell K5 cheaper..." Similar to selling Nasi lemak... The same stall but at one point of time cook sunny side up egg whereas another time cook scrambled egg.. Then mark as "New!".. LoL!

Ultimately it's good to refresh to stay in business. New AF module in a Kr body and hopefully priced similarly, good already.. :D

Better to have something new than nothing at all, right?

leonardg said:
Would it be another white or should I get the blue now;p
Black seems a bit too normal ;)

White then airbrush personal color. Hopefully the lenses that they showd CP+ gets released same time as these K-30

It would be cool if the coloured bodies came also with 18-55WR coloured lenses rather than DALs.

man, i would to have one! But don't know how to justifiy the change of K-R to this K-30 to the missus..hmmm:dunno:

An intro level dslr with high end features- WR, x2 e dials, 16mp with the K5 sensor so will have excellent high iso performance, and a fantastic new multi colour styling.

Looks like it's going to entice a lot of people who want a LOT of bang for their buck in their low level dslr......

Which is the perfect incentive to lock people into Pentax..and when they ask- where can I go from here?...

Well, Pentax will have the K-3, a Full Frame Sub $2k camera, waiting for them!

If this is true, my G*d, Pentax will really have gotten off their butt and thrown down the gauntlet to Canikon! ^_^

An intro level dslr with high end features- WR, x2 e dials, 16mp with the K5 sensor so will have excellent high iso performance, and a fantastic new multi colour styling.

Looks like it's going to entice a lot of people who want a LOT of bang for their buck in their low level dslr......

Which is the perfect incentive to lock people into Pentax..and when they ask- where can I go from here?...

Well, Pentax will have the K-3, a Full Frame Sub $2k camera, waiting for them!

If this is true, my G*d, Pentax will really have gotten off their butt and thrown down the gauntlet to Canikon! ^_^

Sub 2k FF cam? Not that easy at the moment unless it's an old one like Canon 5D...

fengwei said:
Sub 2k FF cam? Not that easy at the moment unless it's an old one like Canon 5D...

Haha!! Frank, I honestly think many people will not care so long as it is FF.. :p

Then again, it might also be good since it'll be akin to Pentax taking their first step into Digital FF which will lead to improvements.. Better than not having any hope at all for now, right? :D

Per se, if there wasn't Canon 5D, there wouldn't be 5DIII now.. :D

And of coz price will reflect accordingly too.. But it's ok I believe..

Last edited:
Sub 2k FF digital?
Already here. I have a few in my dry cab.
In fact its only sub $1000 for 6x7 FF
Its called film and scanner :D

Part of the problem with Pentax is that everyone thinks its a cheap brand. (including users, and I'm guilty of this too)
It should be priced fairly and comensurate with what is offered.
Smaller cameras and lenses, fully featured and non purposely nerfed cameras, unique lens offerings and performance the better or no worse than any other brand, lens compatibility, plus WR.
Theses should be the distinguishing features of pentax.
Not cheap.
We won't go far if we only think cheap
Cheaper than the competition should be consideted icing on the cake ;)

Last edited:
pinholecam said:
Sub 2k FF digital?
Already here. I have a few in my dry cab.
In fact its only sub $1000 for 6x7 FF
Its called film and scanner :D

Part of the problem with Pentax is that everyone thinks its a cheap brand. (including users, and I'm guilty of this too)
It should be priced fairly and comensurate with what is offered.
Smaller cameras and lenses, fully featured and non purposely nerfed cameras, unique lens offerings and performance the better or no worse than any other brand, lens compatibility, plus WR.
Theses should be the distinguishing features of pentax.
Not cheap.
We won't go far if we only think cheap
Cheaper than the competition should be consideted icing on the cake ;)

Well-said! To be honest, if Pentax is expected to be cheap always, aiyooo.... Pentax HQ might as well go down in the next tsunami.. :p

I am hoping that they improve the AFC in the upcoming models. Its really lagging behind the other camera manufacturers. The K5 was a huge step up to me from the Kx in terms of AFS, but lets hope the AFC will be improved next. Implement it in a FF camera paired with FA limiteds and we have a near Leica sized system at less than 1/10 the cost!

Pentaprism, 2 dials, WR & AA batteries sound really good. Now if it has improved CDAF and peaking focus , this would make a compelling alternative to MILC.

cromdeg said:
Pentaprism, 2 dials, WR & AA batteries sound really good. Now if it has improved CDAF and peaking focus , this would make a compelling alternative to MILC.

Yea.... The only news right now that will make me REALLY bite, is having focus peaking while in Live View mode... THAT will be a killer!

This is a beauty!

30_.png

Hopefully we'd have some handson review soon :)

pentax seems to be quite bad at keeping secrets on upcoming product launches ;p k-01 also kena "chow geng" before the official launch.

if this is their idea of "viral marketing", then they really need a new PR firm... :eek: its very clumsy

This is a beauty!

30_.png

To make Pentax cameras look better, continuously make sure they are wet? :bsmilie:

It looks really small though - wonder what the weight and measurements are like. I might consider grabbing one just for travel, but then again, we need to see what the K5 replacement looks like.

It would be a big plus if this one used the same battery as the K5! Though I very much doubt so.

pentax seems to be quite bad at keeping secrets on upcoming product launches ;p k-01 also kena "chow geng" before the official launch.

if this is their idea of "viral marketing", then they really need a new PR firm... :eek: its very clumsy

You mean to do it the Apple way? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.