K-30 Hands-on Review on Pentax Singapore Facebook ...

Hi all,
i am currently using the k-r, and thinking of upgrading to k-5, during this GSS promotion.
however, now I got confused between k-5 and k-30.

i wanted to upgrade to k-5 because:
- the front/back control dial
- TAv
- to have easier control to change focus point (the k-r button is difficult to use when the eye is on the viewfinder, somehow i can't get used to quickly change focus point)
- less shutter noise will be good, the k-r shutter sounds very loud everytime i take a picture

i am just an amateur, taking still life photos, portraits of friends, families. i mainly use the 35mm lens.

how much difference will the price of k-30 compared to the GSS k-5?

thanks.

K-30 can meet all your requirements (front/back dials, TAv, change focusing point) except the shutter noise which is unknonw at the moment, but I'm sure it'd be quieter than the one on your K-r.

The problem is that if you want to buy the camera during GSS, you probably have to go w/ K-5 'cause I don't think K-30 will be here even before GSS ends. And even it reaches here in time, its launch price might not be ideal. Better just get a K-5. At its current price ($1200 nett), it's a steal.

K-30 can meet all your requirements (front/back dials, TAv, change focusing point) except the shutter noise which is unknonw at the moment, but I'm sure it'd be quieter than the one on your K-r.

Fengwei,

You've had the K-30 for 2-3 weeks now. Not sure I understand why you aren't sure the shutter noise is louder or softer than K-5.

The sample is not made of the same materials the final product is?

JohnTaylor said:
Fengwei,

You've had the K-30 for 2-3 weeks now. Not sure I understand why you aren't sure the shutter noise is louder or softer than K-5.

I guess those preproduction samples are assembled completely by hand and not where the final product will come from in the end. There is always a chance details will change once the final product ships.

Fengwei,

Its a pre-production model. Firmware and build standard will be subject to final changes.
The firmware on the 2 samples were 0.2 and 0.3, so you can imagine how far they are from '1' :D

Fengwei,

As the others said above, the K30 we are playing are preproduction units, there sure will be some change when the final ones come out. Let's wait for one week or so until the final product reaches here :)

The problem is that if you want to buy the camera during GSS, you probably have to go w/ K-5 'cause I don't think K-30 will be here even before GSS ends. And even it reaches here in time, its launch price might not be ideal. Better just get a K-5. At its current price ($1200 nett), it's a steal.

thanks Fengwei

K-5 back to the promo price, and even lower this time? Might have to buybuybuy!

article-2164448-13C64B83000005DC-346_634x455.jpg

article-2164448-13C64B7F000005DC-975_634x789.jpg

Sarah Harding flies the flag for Britain in sexy new photo campaign | Mail Online

Bah... That's my White KR she borrowed.. ;P

The fab four was also using Pentax during their time

Oh and I just found out on Sunday that Pentax is the official camera for Singapore Book of Records. :eek:

from my monitor, the yellow looks awesome!

i am confuse about the silver color, it looks grayish, ..

and oh! the purple and olive colors looks stylish too!

are they all in their glossy or matte finish?

thanks