K-30 Hands-on Review on Pentax Singapore Facebook ...

Hi guys. Anyone gonna get the K-30 tomorrow and doing a review of the final unit? Fengwei maybe?

Hope some seniors here can give your views on this camera. Thinking of getting my first camera. =)

Tomorrow??? Are you sure??? Too hottest to touch latest K30 if true

felixcat8888 said:
Are you getting one or two??

Hahaha!!!! Maybe none at all... See how~ :D
I'm going for the A28/2, A50/1.2, and the 3 FA princesses first... LOL!!!

I am in the NIKON camp. Tested friend K-30 with Pentax 50mm-135mm f2.8 for fun - HANDHELD no tripod used

CONCLUSION - sharp lens for the kind of $, if NIKON same configuration will costs u very much much more. However seems the camera sometimes over-exposed - not sure is it I don't know how to set correctly or what

1.jpg

100% crop un-edited image
1a.jpg

2.jpg

2a.jpg

Last edited:
3.jpg

3a.jpg

Studio Shoot of this metal soldier.... (processed)

Studdio-Shoot.jpg

Last edited:
i have handled one Pentax K30 in store and tried video feature. video came out wobbly and very jello like when panning left to right. can somebody please confirm this in other k30s as i might have tested a lemon.

this is important for me because i work in the TV industry and i want to make videos using pentax glass and i also want to control exposure, which the k30 lets me.

thanks.

alanebs said:
i have handled one Pentax K30 in store and tried video feature. video came out wobbly and very jello like when panning left to right. can somebody please confirm this in other k30s as i might have tested a lemon.

this is important for me because i work in the TV industry and i want to make videos using pentax glass and i also want to control exposure, which the k30 lets me.

thanks.

Dude... Forgive me if I'm wrong but if you're looking for a body for video, it's the K-01.. Not the K-30... :/

felixcat8888 said:
I already have 2 of the 3 princesses but no more $$$ to buy the last one.

Hmmm? Well, save for 2-3mths? Sure can! :B Or sell everything else and complete the 3 Princesses first.. Work backwards... ;) Easier that way.. Haha!

For me, I too deep into A lenses.. LoL!

^thanks. but i dont want/like the k-01 (aesthetics, ergonomics). somebody please confirm if you have also experienced jelly like video? thanks. everything else about the k-30, i like/want. thank you.

just found out recently that another student's dad owns a Blue K30 and had sent it in for repair. When the student was looking I introed the K50 and his dad got interested too. Too bad the dad is not in the forum.

One more student collecting his Blue K30 next week and he cannot wait to get his hands on it.