Is this fair ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jOhO said:
yeah i think phildate summed it up. in PRINCIPAL yes.. they are being unfair. but the amt is too small for each individual to do much about it except to let go.

when i worked in a bank, and customer closed an account with 3 cents left. can't be the bank issue a cheque to the customer rite? the cheque and the postage would cost MORE than the 3c. if customer had another a/c with the bank we could do the transfer, even then, it's not worth the man hours to do it even if it's just a few clicks on the computer...

OT: When I closed my account with American Express, they sent me a bill for 18 cents! I sent a 20 cents coin to them and they sent me a recipt... :bsmilie:

And this culture is often seen in Public sectors.

Please flame me if i am wrong. =P

A friend form overseas told me that in his country ( UK ), the bus company is not making money so commutters usually just have to bear with it during a fare hike, which is already much higher than S'pore. What he don't understand is that in S'pore, the bus systems is considered "Public" transport and they're making millions of dollars in profit every year and the fig is going up every year, why do they need to incress fares? The bus company always say that the last fare hike was long time ago but they never mention that their profit have went up again. So at the end of the day, it is not to incress the pay of the workers, but to incress the payout to the directors and shareholders. And they call this a "Public Transport System"!!!

SnapSnap said:
OT: When I closed my account with American Express, they sent me a bill for 18 cents! I sent a 20 cents coin to them and they sent me a recipt... :bsmilie:
oh ahahah.. yeah if customer owe money, yes they will collect!! mauaha..

but still i think it's not worth it.. gotta pay for postage for the receipt.

but probably it was a closing statement which they have to send u anyway rite?

the ez-link system isn't implimented for the benefit of commuters.

throwing the qn back at you.. it's only 20cent.. why can't the lady pay him instead and claim back from the company later? It's not about the amount that matters, it's the principle of getting back what's rightfully yours.

20cents is a small sum to the rich. When I was at my lowest point of life, i had to count every single cent I had and think twice about even having a proper meal.

A letter to the forums will be good. I urge all who had simliar incidents to prepare your letters too. We need support to make the PTC wake up

fuzzy said:
the ez-link system isn't implimented for the benefit of commuters.
Yup, I agree. It a lossless system for bus operator against commuters who underpay. Incase you forgot to tap on the way out, the bus company with get the full amount.

yanyewkay said:
throwing the qn back at you.. it's only 20cent.. why can't the lady pay him instead and claim back from the company later? It's not about the amount that matters, it's the principle of getting back what's rightfully yours.

20cents is a small sum to the rich. When I was at my lowest point of life, i had to count every single cent I had and think twice about even having a proper meal.

A letter to the forums will be good. I urge all who had simliar incidents to prepare your letters too. We need support to make the PTC wake up
Sounds good except that the ST forum will likely filter most of the letters on the newspaper.......

I thinks we needed more than a wakeup call for PTC. We need a shakeup using the voting system. If every election we fear of voting against the garment will just ignore us and continue its policies.

There's nothing we can do to the public transport companies, seeing that the PTC is more interested in ensuring shareholder value for the operators than customer value for the commuters. I'm just SO glad I cheated on my fares all the way till the implementation of the ezlink system. That should cover the occasional extra 20cts charge. :bsmilie:

jOhO said:
oh ahahah.. yeah if customer owe money, yes they will collect!! mauaha..

but still i think it's not worth it.. gotta pay for postage for the receipt.

but probably it was a closing statement which they have to send u anyway rite?
Yes, it was a closing statment... but it could have said, "You still owe us 18 cents, but we will waive it for you..."
This, will give me a good impression of them and maybe I'll give them business the next time. :dunno:

Anyone know who are the people in the PTC? Are these people users of the public transport system?

yanyewkay said:
election vote? what vote?

got 'wind' say... the election is coming near-by... may be end of this yr or next yr..

but only can vote if your area is not kenna walk over...

me... i think my area will kenna walk over again...
sian... (so old liao... still don't know how a vote ticket look like) :cry:

good ... (holiday.. go where.. go where.. ;)

lui002 said:
I was overcharged by 20 cents for my bus ride yesterday.
The Malay girl at ToaPayoh bus terminal gave me a receipt and told me to return after one week to collect the 20 cents. I asked her who is going to pay for the $1.66 bus fare for me to come and collect the 20 cents. She said if I want the 20 cents back, I must go back to her and I have to pay the $1.66 bus fare.
Is this fair ?

nothing is fair especially to those organisation...
by not doing so... how they earn 20 cents from u, 2nd u, 3rd u, etc...
where got their BIG bouns for the TOP management.

that's what their ticks is.. make ur life difficult.. so that u will not claim the overcharge chance.
make ur life difficult.. so that they can earn more and more... then still can increase the bus fair due to this and that.

wondering.. who did their audit...
where is these overcharge credit to? their profit ? or ...

SnapSnap said:

How about the diff of 2c? No change for you? :bsmilie:

Wa cow.. the auto fare system will overcharged??? i never check mine before!

lui002 said:
I was overcharged by 20 cents for my bus ride yesterday.
The Malay girl at ToaPayoh bus terminal gave me a receipt and told me to return after one week to collect the 20 cents. I asked her who is going to pay for the $1.66 bus fare for me to come and collect the 20 cents. She said if I want the 20 cents back, I must go back to her and I have to pay the $1.66 bus fare.
Is this fair ?

it's easier to name which areas gets to vote. My place is always walked over..

yanyewkay said:
it's easier to name which areas gets to vote. My place is always walked over..
is it? i tot u live in Hougang? that's the impression i had from your star-trail photos

someone quickly think of a way to credit the amount back into your card, united we stand and devided we fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.