In the name of "Portfolio Building"

I am looking for photographer who would like to build up his/her portfolio
Krabi on 22 March - 24 March - Best if you are familiar with there
Casual pre-wedding shoot

I am only willing to pay for the airfare and accomodation
3D2N

Interested, please contact Jo at prestigelee@gmail.com with your contact and portfolio

haha this is so ~~~ bwg ...

What a cheapo TS is .. posting these kind of request, but an even bigger one whos responding to TS request ...

Do guys have common sense here .. the risk involve vs the effort put in just for that portfolio ? Whats so different between krabi and sentosa when u can produce good photo of each couple (no matter they r nice looking or average looking).

Newbie photographer better put effort in creating beautiful photo of average looking couple than going to waste their time at krabi ..

Hi Everyone, I would like to highlight that we should charge the min to cover our expense , Food, transport etc. I encourage newbie to hunt for experience while the passion is still there. Regardless you are new, amateur or a pro, you do not feed on passion or experience. There is a limited resources everyone start out with, so let be fair and help everyone to earn to fuel the passion.

With Pride we capture image. Not for free!!

I strongly suggest Mod and fellow photographers to share their ideas and advice regarding the Min charge for such similar cases.

I know this is very hard. However as a clubsnap members for few years, it will break my heart to see people taking advantage of fresh/fellow photographers.

My 2cent worth of thought.

Hi 2nd-Hamsterlord,

its easier said than done. Firstly, when you do that then the authorities will come after you. Cos you are now forming a Cartel which is anti-competive n against the law. My heart has long been broken to see soo many newbies being taken advantage of by intelligent clients who will stop at nothing to reword their conversations to make newbies work for free(just like slaves) and when the results r not what they expect then the newbie better be prepared to face the music/wrath of the client(who would expect nothing but the best from the poor newbie). Wad with social media n all but to me, its always a double-edged sword!

Newbies who offer Free services just be aware cos one day you too can be cut by the other edge of that sword!
Not to forget that equipment sometimes fail you at the most critical of moments! Only pros and the advanced-amateurs
will know how to overcome it & its definately not thru ps. if you got no pics wad is there to ps!

You get what you pay for was a phrase my elders told me long ago, of course they were not talking about paying for "talent". Our TS takes this photography is cheap mentality to an all time low, any lower and it will be that the photographer has to pay for the "honor" of covering this for them. Hey TS may be you need to readvertise and say highest bidder to cover your casual pre wedding shoot will be the shooter for you.

I am sure you will get the photographer that you deserve.

Allow me to just give you an incident;

about a yr or 2 ago, I was 1 of 3 photogs who were covering a prestigous event at a prestigious 5-star hotel. The EM(event Manager) tot I was 1 of the photogs he hired but I was not. I was hired by 1 of the award recipients and got to sit with them during the start of the dinner & event. Then my clients name was called and I went with him to the stage and started photographing him on stage etc, etc... just before I left the venue that nite the EM approached me and asked for my biz card which I gave. Following nite the EM contacted me and asked me if I have a shot of all the award recipients in the back row and told me his photogs missed it. I'm not saying they(photogs) did it for free but how sure are you about what you do or know? I know the 2 photogs were not newbies but just inexperienced. They indeed saw me as an old man with a Canon XXXD camera and 3rd party zoom lens and definately didnt expect me to be up to scratch or on par with them. Cos both were using the latest top of the line Canons & Nikons with their L & VR glass.
I definately got paid by my client but Im not sure if they got theirs! Let this be a lesson to newbies...

I think can start a new website for freebies like Freesnap.com.sg for all new photographers who are dying to do for sake of exposure and doing free for clients. ;p

I hope there is a section to inform pros and cons about such stuff. Even if do for free, must at least get a copyright. So can use the photos for personal sale. ;p

I think can start a new website for freebies like Freesnap.com.sg for all new photographers who are dying to do for sake of exposure and doing free for clients. ;p

I hope there is a section to inform pros and cons about such stuff. Even if do for free, must at least get a copyright. So can use the photos for personal sale. ;p

Hi Everyone, I would like to highlight that we should charge the min to cover our expense , Food, transport etc. I encourage newbie to hunt for experience while the passion is still there. Regardless you are new, amateur or a pro, you do not feed on passion or experience. There is a limited resources everyone start out with, so let be fair and help everyone to earn to fuel the passion.

I strongly suggest Mod and fellow photographers to share their ideas and advice regarding the Min charge for such similar cases.

I know this is very hard. However as a clubsnap members for few years, it will break my heart to see people taking advantage of fresh/fellow photographers.

I find these 2 posts very contradictory... U know wad I mean??

Sorry Bro, the first post I`m serious about it. However reading your reply, I agree with what you say thus I try to be like sarcastic for the 2nd post. I hope my post dont cause confusion. Sorry about it.:embrass:

I find these 2 posts very contradictory... U know wad I mean??

Sorry Bro, the first post I`m serious about it. However reading your reply, I agree with what you say thus I try to be like sarcastic for the 2nd post. I hope my post dont cause confusion. Sorry about it.:embrass:

No prob but you must not send e wrong message..

You get what you pay for was a phrase my elders told me long ago, of course they were not talking about paying for "talent". Our TS takes this photography is cheap mentality to an all time low, any lower and it will be that the photographer has to pay for the "honor" of covering this for them. Hey TS may be you need to readvertise and say highest bidder to cover your casual pre wedding shoot will be the shooter for you.

I am sure you will get the photographer that you deserve.

I would not be surprised if TS really got ppl who will pay to go shoot for them at Krabi

newtoforums said:
Hi robin-ang,

The above used to be my fav quote.:bsmilie:

Haha gd to use ryte haha

lobsterkia said:
I would not be surprised if TS really got ppl who will pay to go shoot for them at Krabi

I think the same to...but how bout TS offer there own relation to shoot for them?

Since budget problem then don't use DSLR just use iPhone shoot that all..

Pay a cent Want to get a feet????

betta still use new Nokia phone can get 41MP shots

Hi,this is elvin, i would like to the up this assignment, would u mind provide me more details about it.

Thanks

now I've seen it all.