How to shoot a water droplet

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh..in a way..yes, no

it allows ur cam to go nearer to the object. some cam can even go up to 0.7inch!

Originally posted by shuy
so can i assume they both are able to work to the same effect here?
no, close up filter will only be clear in certain distance (and that is the only one!), all other distance u won't able to get focus. simply say, focus is almost useless when closeup filter used.

by using teleconverter, ur focus distance must be increased also, for u to take note... ;)

Originally posted by chenwei

no, close up filter will only be clear in certain distance (and that is the only one!), all other distance u won't able to get focus. simply say, focus is almost useless when closeup filter used.

by using teleconverter, ur focus distance must be increased also, for u to take note... ;)

so that means if i use a closeup filter, i can't use autofocus? then how to focus properly siah.... the lcd isn't clear enuff:dunno:

so that means if i use a closeup filter, i can't use autofocus? then how to focus properly siah.... the lcd isn't clear enuff:dunno:
still got autofocus but it will be very clear only at one point, so u got to move nearer or further depends... my 602 got focus help (a small window zoom more), so it's not a matter for me ;p

http://www.pbase.com/image/5650669/medium

here's the best of another 50 or so tries.... i still can't get the droplet contrasting enough with the background, like the rest. y is that so?

chenwei, so how much does a teleconverter cost? cos i wanna try nature photography soon, n i guess i'll be needing one. :)

http://www.pbase.com/image/5650669/medium

here's the best of another 50 or so tries.... i still can't get the droplet contrasting enough with the background, like the rest. y is that so?

chenwei, so how much does a teleconverter cost? cos i wanna try nature photography soon, n i guess i'll be needing one. :)
it looks very nice for me already (dun have chance to try myself...), especially with that blue background, if the word in blue background can be removed will be better. the contrasting got to ask expert here liao.. ;p

my teleconverter is around 230 in AP, u may want to ask around as well... ;)

shuy, perhaps u want to turn down the water... seems to me that it is coming out in pretty big volume.. can try with even smaller volume of water

i got tons of pics with smaller volume of water... but it means a smaller droplet as well :) too small to post... hehe. the pics here all look really big and clear, i dunno how they do it

i think they went real close to the object? anyone can clarify? how close they are to the tap? or rather..the drops of water

Originally posted by Pokka
i think they went real close to the object? anyone can clarify? how close they are to the tap? or rather..the drops of water
i guess close up filter can do some trick here, the object somehow looks bigger when closeup filter applied. well, correct me if i am wrong~ :dunno:

my cam can only go 6cm close at macro, but i didn't zoom. i think zooming counters the macro view. can any1 clarify?

anyway, here's a shot with a little cropping and lens flare (ok so i cheated abit :))

http://www.pbase.com/image/5651385

chenwei, how powerful is the teleconverter at AP? it's expensive man!

how come u added the lens flare in?

my cam can only go 6cm close at macro, but i didn't zoom. i think zooming counters the macro view. can any1 clarify?

anyway, here's a shot with a little cropping and lens flare (ok so i cheated abit :))

http://www.pbase.com/image/5651385

chenwei, how powerful is the teleconverter at AP? it's expensive man!
zooming works fine in macro, as long as u can get it focused. just remember that there is a minimum distance according to ur camera spec.

i dun have sample on my teleconverter now, maybe can show u after i reach home tonite... ;)

hee..ok...btw, what cam are u using? is that u in ur avatar?

i'm using an epson 3100z... hadda fight in the crowd to get it during comex hehe. it was madness everywhere man!

yah, that's me in the avatar. y? u know me?

oic. how much u paid for it? i went there..it was so so crowded!

eh..u look like 1 of my fren..hee

how old are u?

399, which i thought was a steal for a 3.3MP cam. :)

i dun think u know me, cos if u did u'd realise my nick is my surname:) i'm 21 btw...

Originally posted by chenwei

zooming works fine in macro, as long as u can get it focused. just remember that there is a minimum distance according to ur camera spec.

i dun have sample on my teleconverter now, maybe can show u after i reach home tonite... ;)
hi, in the case u still interested to know the teleconverter effect, here it is...

without any zoom
tele01.jpg

now with fully 6x optical zoom (without teleconverter)
tele02.jpg

fully 6x optical zoom with teleconverter
tele03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.