Pro 90 IS + 250D
waterdroplet_01.jpg

1/250 sec, f/2.8
Mode: Tv
ISO: 50
AF mode: Manual
White balance: Auto
Flash: External E-TTL

Inspired by Ckiang and encouraged by Megaweb last night, I gave it a try. After 150+ failed shots, I finally got this one. Ckiang is right, you need patient... tons of it.

DSCN3331b.jpg

Try this if you cannot see the picture

METERING : SPOT
MODE : MANUAL
SHUTTER : 1/1000sec
APERTURE : F3.9
EXP +/- : 0.0
FOCAL LENGTH : f20.2mm(X1.0)
SENSITIVITY : ISO200
WHITEBAL : SPEEDLIGHT

Wow looks great....

BTW does 250D comes in different thread sizes? Like is it available in 37mm?

Thanks megaweb

Hmm....looks like I can't use the 250D liao...have to resort to a +4 close up filter?

Originally posted by Blitz
Thanks megaweb

Hmm....looks like I can't use the 250D liao...have to resort to a +4 close up filter?

i do not know whether 2040 need a lens adapter to support common filter size like 49mm , 52mm ..

as for closeup , you need to check with other 2040 user .. I am not sure :(

hey i was from ngee ann too.. in mechatronic grad in 97

Argh..... I seriously like this pic very much ckiang....if only my camera has closer macro range :(

20cm....think maybe take snowball still can :D

Blitz, check out my new avatar. Got drop shadow some more...:cool:

Cool wat Oly Cam are u using? Any filters?

Oly 2000 series. Nah no filters. Just the camera. Makes the shot all the more special. Still can't quite compare to ckiang's one yet... but it's a pretty good start. Besides, the shadow makes it kinda of special.

I don't think sound would work for capturing a bursting balloon. There would be to much of a delay before the switch actually triggered I would think. You may want to try using a lighter or torch of some sort that when triggered also trips your flash. Just a thought...

I did decided to try your macro water shots as well.. Results are not quite as good. But here is my favorite (took 200+ shots, kept about 15). There where some with larger drops but I liked the simplicity of this one...

waterdrop.jpg

Originally posted by ckiang

Another time, another day. :)

Actually I am kinda interested to shoot a balloon bursting. During my Ngee Ann days, I've built a sound activated switch, can probably use that to trigger a flash.....

Regards
CK

Decided to post 1 more...

waterdrop2.jpg

u guys are REALLY good man....i salute u :thumbsup: ......wat's are your secrets to success ah....haiz.....mine isnt tt good compared to yours....tt the best i can do....er....can gif suggestions to help?

waterdroplet1.jpg

p/s sorrie bout the dirty tap....:D

Forgot to reveal one more secret. Because the water drop is so small, cropping is necessary. :) But I did not do any interpolation, it's a 100% crop.

Sound triggers are about the only way to do a balloon bursting shot. The delay is not THAT long, and the technique has appeared in books before. The idea is to setup everything in a darkroom, open the shutter, pop the balloon, the sound will then trigger a flash and capture that onto film/ccd/cmos.

Haven't got around to trying that.....

Regards
CK

Cropping is not aways needed :) Both of my shot above are 100% straight from camara. No Cropping, colour changes..... Just downsized and compressed for the web...

Try this link:

http://www.hiviz.com

Digital or film, the projects are relevant. If you're using a digicam, your cam needs a pc sync socket or a hotshoe to trigger an external flash like the 283 they are talking about here.

Enjoy.:)

Originally posted by Bedpan
Cropping is not aways needed :) Both of my shot above are 100% straight from camara. No Cropping, colour changes..... Just downsized and compressed for the web...

yeah mine too....except i did a little auto-leveling....tt's all...and no crop.....haiz...er...btw wat u mean by sound-trigger? tt means it responds to the noise around the cam and starts to shoot and there's one large noise being made??

Status
Not open for further replies.