How to shoot a water droplet

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for all the advice...i got mine here...did a bit of PS work to remove my mother's 'MaMa Lemon' detergent away from the background. i did not re-touch the water...

Water_01.jpg

how to shoot a water droplet
if all else fails

use a gun!! :kok:

Originally posted by ckiang

I am pretty sure. After this post (inspired by another one actually) in www.dpreview.com, a lot of people have been shooting variations of it. G1 users have also successfully done it, so G2 should be able to too. Takes patience.

Yup, I was from Ngee Ann Poly, Electronics & Computer Engineering.

Regards
CK

I am from ECE too grad 95!!!

My try, press until my finger pain.

droplet.jpg

Got mine today :) using normal compression, should change to super fine or raw

water01.jpg

water02.jpg

water03.jpg

water04.jpg

Can it be done with a Canon G2 without filter?

how do u make the droplet sharp and bright? mine looks so dull n blur.

the blur was cos i hadda increase the size of the droplet, it was too small on my original pic.

would placing a bright background behind the droplet help make it brighter?

Originally posted by shuy
how do u make the droplet sharp and bright? mine looks so dull n blur.

the blur was cos i hadda increase the size of the droplet, it was too small on my original pic.

would placing a bright background behind the droplet help make it brighter?

did you try taking shots using the manual mode? i believed your camera can capture using the manual mode. i have checked the exif info of your pic...seems like your using the P/auto mode.

your camera is capable to take macro as closer as 5cm. maybe you try retaking the shots again using the below basic settings:

Mode = Manual mode (as much as possible try not to use the auto one if taking shots of water droplets as you need to set the shutter speed as fast as it can)

Shutter speed = 500s or faster

Aperture = F4 or F5

Metering = Spot

Flash = On

Alternatively, as advised on this thread earlier, try using an additional close up filter to snap the droplets look bigger.

As for the background...i choosed a blue color plastic bag to cover the background.

Hope this little info helps.

thanks for the advice! i'll try later...

how much is a closeup filter? does it work the same way as a teleconverter?

Originally posted by shuy
thanks for the advice! i'll try later...

how much is a closeup filter? does it work the same way as a teleconverter?
around $13? depends on how many mm and quality u looking for, closeup filter is different from teleconverter. teleconverter is to multiply ur zoom, where closeup filter just to bring the object nearer at certain distance (correct me if i am wrong)

i believe close up lens..allows u to go nearer to the object, whereas a teleconverter is 1 that increases the optical zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.