How does traffic police snap speeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wat shutter speed is required to "freeze" a car speeding? (maybe say 120km/h?) Then at night how?

Flash? Can't be TTL bah... :bsmilie:

AF must be super fast....

Maybe the camera is made to focus on one point, manual flash at that particular point... :think:

Just wat shutter speed is required to "freeze" a car speeding? (maybe say 120km/h?) Then at night how?

Maybe the camera is made to focus on one point, manual flash at that particular point... :think:
flash can freeze anything, daytime no problem, night time also can.
auto or manual, I'm not sure, but won't be any issue.
pan focus is good enough.

all they need is a pix that can see a car with number plate clearly, not award winning pix.

was wondering if i deliberately speed and they took a picture of me, can i pay the fine and buy the picture?
makes a good desktop pic imho.:embrass:

was wondering if i deliberately speed and they took a picture of me, can i pay the fine and buy the picture?

since u point out..i got something to ask..

Is the speeding photograph shown to us before a speeding offender make a payment for the fine? If the photo is not shown, do we have the right to view the photo before making payment for the fine?

if i am not wrong, you will need to pay $ if you want to see the picture
can you keep the picture after paying?
you have to ask the TP for that

if i am not wrong, you will need to pay $ if you want to see the picture
can you keep the picture after paying?
you have to ask the TP for that

I heard that it cost $50/- just to view the picture as they need to retrive and print out the picture + admin cost.

I heard that it cost $50/- just to view the picture as they need to retrive and print out the picture + admin cost.

50?that's cheap.
considering they stand there a few hours under sun(sometimes) just to take snap shots.
maybe after collection of the photo, we can post in CS for critics and ask dp to slam the photog?:bsmilie:

I ever went slowly thru a junction with a red light camera and saw the whole junction light up, wow, it was bright. Still waiting for the summon for few years already. hope they nv send it.

50?that's cheap.
considering they stand there a few hours under sun(sometimes) just to take snap shots.
maybe after collection of the photo, we can post in CS for critics and ask dp to slam the photog?:bsmilie:

sorry just asking, what have this got to do with DP?

first, you need to know whether the camera is loaded.
second, you need to make sure the lane is clear for you to speed.
third, than you speed lor.

go home and wait for letter.
when the summon come,
is fine plus demerit points,
if you refuse to pay, want to see photos,
there will arrange a hearing and ask you to pay double to attend.

I go until this part than I give up, so I pay the fine and didn't get to see the photos,
I remember it cos me $150.00 just to show me the photos...many years ago.

but if want to buy the photos, don't think there will sell it to you, cos there can say TP own the copyrights, and it is the property of TP.

why don't you arrange a TFCD for your speeding car? I'm sure very people will be very happy to shoot for you.
just shoot your car backside, a bit motion blur, little off focus, convert it to b/w, add lot of nose can liao.
it is cheaper then paying fine plus demerit point, and not braking the law too.

50?that's cheap.

Er... they let you see only, but for you, if you ask them in your sweetest voice, I think they'll let you take a photo of it with your h/p lar :sweatsm:

I ever went slowly thru a junction with a red light camera and saw the whole junction light up, wow, it was bright. Still waiting for the summon for few years already. hope they nv send it.

Must be either a dummy camera, business at that junction so good that run out of data space or newbie photographer cum policeman who download sala and lost the datas :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

why don't you arrange a TFCD for your speeding car? I'm sure very people will be very happy to shoot for you.
just shoot your car backside, a bit motion blur, little off focus, convert it to b/w, add lot of nose can liao.
it is cheaper then paying fine plus demerit point, and not braking the law too.

Idea !!!

TFCD: Jeanie's speeding car caught on camera !!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dress code for photographers: White safari shirt with dark blue pants and cap like this:
;):bsmilie:

Hyperfocal distance lah!

Idea !!!

TFCD: Jeanie's speeding car caught on camera !!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dress code for photographers: White safari shirt with dark blue pants and cap like this:
;):bsmilie:

Equipment: Canon Power Shot A95 + Cheapo tripod

traffic light junction got 2 sensor lines. You cross 1st line, camera wun trigger yet. 2nd line, then they will flash twice. I think this is to make sure both frames show ur car in different positions, nail the fact that u're moving.

The flash in daytime cannot miss one... imagine 100 lightspheres ard u triggering off @ same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.