How does traffic police snap speeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the speed cams are using radar to track the car speeds. When they were first installed the garment assured drivers that it would not harm our health.

I reckon speed cameras use radars? cheaper ? coz i do realise that on highway they literally turn the camera direction once in a while ( to catch west bound or east bound traffic) so would be more pratical if its a radar mounted inside won't it .... haha

Actually its no secret, GPS software will tell you where the permanent cams are. There's nothing illegal about this so there's no need to do this on the sly :).

For GPS detection on speed camera, there is only so much this program can offer. There are mobile cameras installed on the run. If one depends on such, you can still get caught one fine day when the GPS says clear path ahead.

i used to rely alot on radar detectors last time (overseas), but in the end found them to be nuisance as interferences and counter tactics are deployed by the police cant be fool proof. So, if i do speed, i go on instinct and logical estimation (ie on curves and hill tops).

Best is not to speed excessively as the extra time cant bring one any faster. Its about driving skill sometimes to know which lane to switch to during a jam. A raging wrx, RX8 or an slk can lose to an 800cc panel van who knows his way better.

For GPS detection on speed camera, there is only so much this program can offer. There are mobile cameras installed on the run. If one depends on such, you can still get caught one fine day when the GPS says clear path ahead.

i used to rely alot on radar detectors last time (overseas), but in the end found them to be nuisance as interferences and counter tactics are deployed by the police cant be fool proof. So, if i do speed, i go on instinct and logical estimation (ie on curves and hill tops).

Best is not to speed excessively as the extra time cant bring one any faster. Its about driving skill sometimes to know which lane to switch to during a jam. A raging wrx, RX8 or an slk can lose to an 800cc panel van who knows his way better.

speaking of which, i notice merc like to speed alot.. that day i was doing 100 3-5 merc just passed me and 2 sec GONE!!!:sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.