Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a random check this afternoon while I was in Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) and Sham Shui Po (SSP), both stores have stock and here are the price quoted (both are Canon mount local sets with 3-yr local warranty and 2-yr international warranty cards):

Tin Cheung (TST) HK$4,900
Cam2 (SSP) HK$4,680

I think you need not worry about the availability. Might need to check a few more shops for a better price.

Hi CS,

I'm back from HK a few days ago. Manage to grab a piece of Tokina 11-16 at Fa Yuen Street, Citicall Branch. I was quoted HK$4480 plus a kenko UV filter @ HK$290. It is much cheaper than Singapore.

Thank you for the guide. HK is fun.

Hi CS Tan ,

is there any price guide for billingham bag in Hong kong ? Friend coming back from Hk , thinking to ask her get 1 for me :)

Read from another thread that Hadley pro come with the shoulder pad if buy from HK . Wonder how abt other model like Hadley large / original / F stop 1.4 do come with shoulder pad too ?

Thanks for yr help :)
As far as I know, there is no price guide for Billingham bags in HK. You can take a look at Tin Cheung's online website as they carry the full range of Billingham products.
http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/index.php?cPath=35&sort=&filter_id=48

However, I understand some shops are selling them cheaper than the others as they bring them in via parallel channel. You can check with Cam2 as I know they have parallel imported Billingham bags but might not have the full range of product to choose from.

Can someone with buying Billingham bags in HK also share their experience?

Hi CS,

I'm back from HK a few days ago. Manage to grab a piece of Tokina 11-16 at Fa Yuen Street, Citicall Branch. I was quoted HK$4480 plus a kenko UV filter @ HK$290. It is much cheaper than Singapore.

Thank you for the guide. HK is fun.
I am glad the guide is useful to you and you are able to find a good price. Citicall is quite competitive and I have bought quite a few items from them after comparing the price. Do note that there will be different quotes from different Citicall stores so be sure to check more than one as there are 3-4 stores just in Mongkok area.

Last edited:
Can someone with buying Billingham bags in HK also share their experience?

i bought my 335 from Tin Cheung at HKD $4300+ (around this range)

did not check prices from other shops cos did not see those shops i went to carrying this brand. I only check out citicall, tin cheung and one shop name i can't rem (the one near sham sui po, benro's official svc center). Only tin cheung and that shop name i can't rem carries it. but i can't rem the pricing for that shop name i can't rem. haha

i bought my 335 from Tin Cheung at HKD $4300+ (around this range)

did not check prices from other shops cos did not see those shops i went to carrying this brand. I only check out citicall, tin cheung and one shop name i can't rem (the one near sham sui po, benro's official svc center). Only tin cheung and that shop name i can't rem carries it. but i can't rem the pricing for that shop name i can't rem. haha

sorry not HKD 4300+ but ard HKD 2400-2500+

im excited!! Am gg to HK this 20th Jan! Am looking forward to get a good deal for 70-200 (either Canon or Sigma). Is it advisable to pay cash? ;)

wolf73 said:
Hi all, I'm currently in Hkg. Walked whole of Mongkok and non sells lens with Int'l Warrenty.

Anyone can help?

I was looking for 16-35 f/2.8L II USM and was retailing @ hkg$11300. Everyone sells at this price without int'l warrenty.

Just wondering, warrenty is 1 year? Will your lens be spoilt within a year? Any cons from buying just hkg warrenty?

If u read the first post, you would have read that there is no more international warranty for canon lenses from oct 2009. When I went hk in dec2009, most of the lenses already have local hk warranty only. I think would be quite difficult to find international warranty for a popular lens like the 16-35

If u read the first post, you would have read that there is no more international warranty for canon lenses from oct 2009. When I went hk in dec2009, most of the lenses already have local hk warranty only. I think would be quite difficult to find international warranty for a popular lens like the 16-35

Oops, I meant from Oct 2010. I guess now it's only HK warranty

Supersimon27 said:
Hi CS Tan ,

is there any price guide for billingham bag in Hong kong ? Friend coming back from Hk , thinking to ask her get 1 for me :)

Read from another thread that Hadley pro come with the shoulder pad if buy from HK . Wonder how abt other model like Hadley large / original / F stop 1.4 do come with shoulder pad too ?

Thanks for yr help :)

Just check out tin cheng website, their prices are one of the lowest.

hmm..so is it better to get the Sigma 70-200 or Canon? any help?

D7000 proce in HK-any idea?

thanx
:thumbsup:

So what separates the new from the old stock is the warranty card; the international warranty card is green and the local warranty card is orange?

Hi CS Tan and all

I would be going HK from 30th Jan to 5th Feb

Would like to check, are shopping centres and shops generally open during the CNY period?

In particular, when would the camera shops re-open for biz?

How about SIRUI tripods, where can I find them? Does ECHO have? Or the 2 Chungs?

And I wonder can anyone help me pre-order a Mac Book Air with 4Gb ram and I go pick it up?

Thanks in advanced!

bought 85mm cz from wing shing. good price , hee but got a b+w uv for 400hk side got only germany instead of made in germany, fake sign ?

bought 85mm cz from wing shing. good price , hee but got a b+w uv for 400hk side got only germany instead of made in germany, fake sign ?
Maybe, maybe not. The price is quite in line with those being sold by online stores.

You can check the photo of the wording from this online website:

Alloy: HERE
Brass: HERE

Maybe, maybe not. The price is quite in line with those being sold by online stores.

You can check the photo of the wording from this online website:

Alloy: HERE
Brass: HERE

yup managed to find out that there is a genuine b+w haze uv without multicoat and use alloy ring instead. no complaint. still can see the quality

thanks CS.

hi cs tan thanks for this guide it saved me money when i went there last year, ill be going hk again this feb any idea where i can get lee filters (gnd) ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.