good running shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you care about your fitness and health, you should set it higher priority than hobby like photography.

what is your friend ns vocation ?

i think see beh siong is a relative term.

i have friends from commando, guards, and those who build bridges(cant remember what's the term).

also had a friend who went through the ranger course.he told me (IIRC) yellow ranger tab is grad from USA and red is from sgp....again, this is IIRC.

i love hearing their NS stories...i am so glad i'm female. :p

i dont see singapore in their website.

http://www.asics.com/select.html

so which country should i choose to get the closest range of products that they offer?

i dont see singapore in their website.

http://www.asics.com/select.html

so which country should i choose to get the closest range of products that they offer?

Australia or taiwan i guess...which store offers the most asics stock anyone know? i bought mine from royal sporting house but they only had like 8 styles to pick from.

this pair is lovely...

TN799_9362M.jpg

http://www.asicsamerica.com/products/product.aspx?PRODUCT_ID=240009628&TITLE_CATEGORY_ID=250001548

mmhmm you know it might be cheaper for you to order online...though their sizes are different from the western ones...e.g. my asics shoe size is about 2 sizes bigger than my adidas!

if in doubt, buy +2 to -2 sizes...

in case monitor color not calibrated, buy each size 1 with every color available...

to prevent any loss of use due to wear and tear or manufacturing fault. buy at least 3 extras.

so in total 5 x (5) x 3 = 75 pairs approximate

(variable)

Buy SAF running shoes :bsmilie:

Cheap and good ...

I am looking SAF Brook or New Balance running shoes.. any to spare?

Size USA 10.

So where is the Minimart? In SAFTI? or....

I am looking SAF Brook or New Balance running shoes.. any to spare?

Size USA 10.

So where is the Minimart? In SAFTI? or....

You can purchase it online

go to www.ns.com.sg > eService > SAF eMart

or login to http://www.ns.sg/nsPortal/appmanager/nsp/default?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=nsPortal_EMART

Last time before they close my account when going to MR, I purchased 4 pairs of shoes and other stuffs. Delivery cost $5 only ( pay $5 upon receiving the goods and not via online credit )

i used to own several nikes, 2 basketball shox and a zoom air for running.

basketball shox-es immediately showed sole wear within 1st week of playing, by 3rd week the sole is already gone at forefoot. their traction really power and nike shox really work (i was wearing a first gen BB4). but fast wearing. not their fault thou as those are probably for indoor courts

being an addict to nike's air zoom's responsiveness i bought an air zoom running shoe. cushioning shiok, damn light (just a little heavier than the nike zoom spiridon last time).... but my toe tore a big hole through the mesh fabric of the shoe. condemned their durability ever since...

switched to a asics kayano. 2.5 years of on-off running still pretty much intact

personal opinion : nike's more inclined to those sponsored athletes or those with cash printer at home. build for performance. their shoe tech wise seems to be way more advance than the rest (no comments on adidas A1 shoe with micro computer in built) but durability is always a huge question mark. probably suit their sponsored guys who change their high performance shoes after every few games they play

for running only and not track spike shoes people usually recommend saucony, mizuno, asics, brooks

Hi Jeanie,

I was passing by the Mizuno store at Marina Square during lunch and to give you a more specific location, it's opposite Crocs and 2 shops away from Creative. Saw that they are having 30% off for selected models.

Hi Jeanie,

I was passing by the Mizuno store at marina Square during lunch and to give you a more specific location, it's opposite Crocs and 2 hops away from Creative. Saw that they are having 30% off for selected models.

ooo nice.

agree those vocations are tough training

who build bridges - combat engineer

yes!it's combat engineers!
struck the bell when i read your post!thanks.

Hi Jeanie,

I was passing by the Mizuno store at Marina Square during lunch and to give you a more specific location, it's opposite Crocs and 2 shops away from Creative. Saw that they are having 30% off for selected models.

hey!i was there for lunch as well!
i walked into the asics store to check out the shoe i saw above and it cost $345+!!!

i also went to the mizuno but honestly, i dont really like their designs.

for all you know...you just walked past me!

Why must wait until IPPT comes then exercise. You should do regular jogging ... maintain the fitness and health .. .

Not when the roads are filled with car exhaust and parks are filled with cigarette smoke. I'll only go back for IPT. Air is much cleaner in FCCs with the toilets as exception.

Not when the roads are filled with car exhaust and parks are filled with cigarette smoke. I'll only go back for IPT. Air is much cleaner in FCCs with the toilets as exception.

nikgod also need to do IPPT ah?

(sorry...i just got to take a shot at you.)
LOL

nikgod also need to do IPPT ah?

(sorry...i just got to take a shot at you.)
LOL

Of course lah.. I even better than IPPT.. Last time RT, now IPT. ;p I guess will probably do that until I'm 40. Owe them too much.. ;p

I would recommend Asics or Mizuno if you can afford it. Followed by Adidas. Like what the rest said, can forget about Nike, they spoil really fast. I'm using a pair of Adidas Adizero series now and it's really comfortable and super light.

i have a pair of adizero too, they are thin, comfy and are weightless. Only recommended for Track use. Due to the flexibility of the shoe, most people regret wearing it when they hit the roads with it (i.e. my friend who decided to take my shoes for a spin and had sore calves for almost a week).

else on the track, it feels really good, even more comfortable than my mizunos.

many long distance runners like oasics, mizuno, saucony etc. shouldnt go wrong with any of these brands.

very hard to recommend an exact model of shoe actually, cuz have to see one's running style, i.e. how one would land, whether running style is light footed or slightly higher impact, whether flat footed or not, etc.

hey!i was there for lunch as well!
i walked into the asics store to check out the shoe i saw above and it cost $345+!!!

i also went to the mizuno but honestly, i dont really like their designs.

for all you know...you just walked past me!

there's an asics store in marina?!:bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.