good running shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Well after the tenth pair you buy, they start to be really nice.

They must get to know you a bit. :bsmilie:

you know what they say: there's a sucker born every minute :bsmilie:

A knowledgeable and honest sales person here in singapore?! maybe when pigs fly!:bsmilie:

i was about to counterstrike loupisk:bsmilie:

me no trust no salesman.especially those who know s about the products they sell.
really sick and tired of it.

I think nano is one of the best and cutest iPod around. :lovegrin:

i just realised mine is a nano instead of a shuffle.:bsmilie:

anyway ipods...cool to have.but really doesnt last.
i

i

I agree... iRiver all the way. Mine is still going strong. :)

i

of course dun last la. otherwise how you think apple keep up the high sales each year? ;):bsmilie:

anw, back on track..

me using brooks for long time. very gd.

regarding mizuno, world of sports always have lots of them.

Hmm, i normally buy from feder sports at Penisullar Plaza. Only they have humongous sizes for my humougous feet most of the time ;)

Asics Shoes FTW!

Nothing else comes close. Not even SAF (shoes). :bsmilie:

During my secondary school days years back, many of my cross country friends persuaded me to get a pair of ASICS shoes just like them. They told me that no other shoes come close to them. Intially, I was quite sceptical about it as I used to think that Nike Air is the most comfortable shoe, until I got my 1st pair of ASICS shoes from Queensways Shopping Centre. The feeling is never felt before. Ever since then I never look back, and continue to support ASICS till today.

If you are getting ASICS shoes, it is best to get those with dual gel, speva mid form and dual max. Really powerful combi.

You may find it expensive intially. But the experience wearing it is definitely worth it.:thumbsup:

I like New Balance... very solidly built... pretty decent cushioning... but I don't run much nowadays... after all that running in combat boots...

but to lose weight, try to gain abit of muscle... cause when the body is maintaining muscle tone, it burns calories even when you are at rest whereas aerobic exercise only burns calories while doing the exercise... and recent studies have shown that weight training before aerobic training helps to burn more calories... talk to your trainer about these and he/she should be able to tell you more... as well, leg muscles help to cushion and stabilize impact of running and reduces impact to joints so if running, abit more leg muscle would be helpful...

try to do aerobic exercise that involves the whole body so you would burn more calories, like ski trainer or swimming, and which would stress the muscles of the whole body so not only one set of muscles becomes overstressed... as well, note that women tend to build leg muscles more readily, and men the upper body more readily, so if doing aerobic exercise that only stresses one part, that part might become disproportionately muscular...YMMV :)

asics, mizuno and brooks

the rest of the popular brands like what nike and adidas (especially first one) is crap, just a whole load of party tricks which is jazzed up marketing, do not last long and do not actually give very good support, etc

you can try googling for running websites/forums, there are many out there that would actually give you some information on running, the library also has quite a number of copies of runner's world, though that's possibly more hardcore than what you're intending, but a little more knowledge won't hurt, no. just like cameras.

to be honest, if you haven't been running for a while, best to take it slowly (but not too slowly) at first, and then you might want to try interval training - always found it the most effective and time-saving way, much more fun than the usual long-distance stuff as well.

there's a lot of things that you should be clear about when you're buying running shoes as well - like the distance you're planning to run, the frequency of training, the type of surface. for example if you are planning to train on concrete (strongly do not advise) then you would definitely need shoes with much heavier cushioning to protect your joints due to heightened impact - and you won't expect to run as fast either due to heavier shoes. if you're talking about track and/or treadmill, then it's a different story altogether.

thanks for all the information guys.

i use to go joggin every week.but ever since i was so heavily involved with photography during my freetime, i had been neglecting my body.

i went for my gym session yesterday.
piang eh!
3 words i always hear from my friends who served NS....

see beh siong!

i use to go joggin every week.but ever since i was so heavily involved with photography during my freetime, i had been neglecting my body.

piang eh!

see beh siong!

if you care about your fitness and health, you should set it higher priority than hobby like photography.

what is your friend ns vocation ?

piang eh!

see beh siong!
you can do both

just get a backpack

and run all the way to punggol from wherever you are after work

one bird kill two stones :bsmilie:

OMG happen to see this .... sian.. IPPT comming again ....must run 3-4 times a week wahhhh..... :x

acics are gd running shoes.
NIKE is a brand :p

thats all i noe, if u have a frend who got contacts with acics, you can go directly to the wear house and get 40% off if ya pay cash :)

OMG happen to see this .... sian.. IPPT comming again ....must run 3-4 times a week wahhhh..... :x

thats all i noe, if u have a frend who got contacts with acics, you can go directly to the wear house and get 40% off if ya pay cash :)

so good? where is the 'wear house'?

btw, its 2nd hand?

Brooks and New Balance would be my choice. Addidas is good too, but way out of my budget. :)

Why must wait until IPPT comes then exercise. You should do regular jogging ... maintain the fitness and health .. .

Status
Not open for further replies.