good running shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
my humble suggestions is to go nike women and see wat suits u

i've been in nikes shoes for more than 10 years of running...i would say they are quite good

i used 2 pairs of shoes to train...alternating them which both lasted abt 1.5 years

good tractions, light (depends on which one u get) and design also not bad

hey!i was there for lunch as well!
i walked into the asics store to check out the shoe i saw above and it cost $345+!!!

i also went to the mizuno but honestly, i dont really like their designs.

for all you know...you just walked past me!

Oh, your office is near there too?

Yup, Asics is not cheap but it's the support & cushioning is very good. Mizuno is slightly cheaper and offers support & cushioning which are almost as good as the Asics.

Next you may want to consider is New Balance. Think there is a boutique in Suntec.

if you care about your fitness and health, you should set it higher priority than hobby like photography.

what is your friend ns vocation ?

switch to E mode (Exercise-Priority) :bsmilie:

if in doubt, buy +2 to -2 sizes...

in case monitor color not calibrated, buy each size 1 with every color available...

to prevent any loss of use due to wear and tear or manufacturing fault. buy at least 3 extras.

so in total 5 x (5) x 3 = 75 pairs approximate

(variable)

nice. bracketing and burst sia! :bsmilie:

Check out www.sgrunners.com

They dish out good advice on shoes in that forum.

My view is shoes are very important for runners. There are different type of shoes for different foot type (flat foot, high arch, neutral etc.). If you choose the wrong type, you'll have injury once your ramp up your running mileage.

Every brand has different models. And each models serve different foot type. So it doesn't mean if you have flat foot you have to go for brooks etc.

In my view, the way you run (how your feet strike the ground) plays a more impt part in choosing the type of shoes. So go to those shops that have those experts that can analyze your foot strike while you run on the threadmill. Eg. runninglab at funan, and a few shops at novena square provide those kind of services. Again, check out the sgrunners site.

Lastly, the design of the shoe is the least impt factor in choosing the shoe.

You can purchase it online

go to www.ns.com.sg > eService > SAF eMart

or login to http://www.ns.sg/nsPortal/appmanager/nsp/default?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=nsPortal_EMART

Last time before they close my account when going to MR, I purchased 4 pairs of shoes and other stuffs. Delivery cost $5 only ( pay $5 upon receiving the goods and not via online credit )

Hi thanks for the info. But I have done my NS... so where can get them?

got a pair of asics eventually.

went for a jog around my neighbourhood.love it!

got a pair of asics eventually.

went for a jog around my neighbourhood.love it!

how much did u end up forking out? did u buy em from that store in marina?

saw a pair at suntec addias...

$152...

now got promo...

buy 2nd at $50 off...

hehe....

how much did u end up forking out? did u buy em from that store in marina?

about $235 thereabouts.cant remember exact.
no.i didnt get it from the suntec boutique.
got it from world of sports as they are having discounts.

btw, i realised the reebok range is getting lesser and lesser.are they phasing out running shoes or reebok is closing down?:dunno:

i remember reebok used to be one of the most famous brands for their range of shoes.

btw, i realised the reebok range is getting lesser and lesser.are they phasing out running shoes or reebok is closing down?:dunno:

i remember reebok used to be one of the most famous brands for their range of shoes.

could be looking to move out of sports shoes like motorola is doing with cell phones...

Ah, I'm too late. Actually, a good running shoe is the one that fits you most. Different brands suit different feet shapes.

Good that you like your new Asics :)

Reebok got bought over by adidas... :devil:

Reebok got bought over by adidas... :devil:

oh really....they were doing so well donkey years ago...

i took a peep at adidas..dont like their designs too.
somehow, they come acrosss as a brand to look for if you're looking for soccer boots.:dunno:

Sorry to OT,

you might want to supplement your running/training with some Glucosamine tablets,
it helps to replenish the worn and torn in your knee.

I used to do a lot high intensive running and neglect the food supplement,
until I run into trouble with my knee.
Now I take Glucosamine regularly, and I have no problem with my knee any more.

BTW, I used to wear New Balance shoes.

thanks guys.

where are the mizuno boutiques?

i only saw the asics one in marina square.

i'm not a pro runner.

but i am very determine to run at least 3 times a week.
i've also signed up a gym package with personal trainer.

i hope the above brands make size 5.
i always have problems getting shoes that fits.

there is a mizuno at MS also? Its on the same level. Can't go wrong with asics. Light and provide good support. Its definitely cheaper to get running shoes at queensway if you're in the area.

Sorry to OT,

you might want to supplement your running/training with some Glucosamine tablets,

thanks for the info.:)

i was about to counterstrike loupisk:bsmilie:

me no trust no salesman.especially those who know s about the products they sell.
really sick and tired of it.

U are right. I just ask them, do you sell product that is 'no good'? However, having said that, I was too served by salestaff who was honest and helpful. I once failed to listen to them(I thought they were promoting another product) and ended up facing the consequences.

So do some homework before buying.

Sorry to OT,

Those Glucosamine tablets can be purchased at Public hospitals at a fraction of the cost as compare to private clinic.

Status
Not open for further replies.