Getting accessories at Comex, good idea?

typical trade shows. i only go when i get bored and feel like window shopping on all the weird knick knacks they have out on display... especially from those obscure shops with weird and funny stuff to sell

so no good deal there??

Do you need a better battery charger or another SD card? See my post above.
SGCamerastore and Artworkfoto is also there, may have some accessories and studio diffuser. Benphoto giving 10% to all their regular price items.
Eneloop XX batteries are for sale (not cheap though)
Buffalo 4 bay NAS still $299 even though it's normal retail price drops :(
Samsung F4 2TB harddisk is now $94.
Eastgear brought its portable backup storage ($400++)

That's all I remember seeing that are more closely related to photography.

i just bought the manfrotte 190XPROB (188) with the head 496RC2 (89) and 1 large support (25).

is it ex?

also need to thanks to the promoter for giving wrong info, he told me i will get the free gift like the tripod bag and the strap. MS color honor the deal, heng... at least got the tripod bag, the strap looks quite useless...

I kinda agree with Ortega on this. Year after year, same sh!t, different exhibitors. I'd rather stay at home and watch youtube.

I was there Friday afternoon to get a laptop. It was a madhouse. Saw lots of carrots leaving the show with Nikon packages.

Epson V700 at Comex quite abit cheaper than Cathay photo.

dis28 said:
u should get it at sgcamerastore at the shop i think it at $360 for the 866 mark ii during this comex show now but it only available at the shop only

if you are looking at nissin 866 think u better hurry as i know the sales at the shop ends trm sat

i got light stand at $18 at sgcamerastore shop yesterday also bought quite a few more things at the great bargain as it was their comex show sales

http://www.technogadgets.com.sg/store/camera-accessories/flash-/-flash-meter/nissin/cat_84.html

$305

jas1984 said:
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for the information... that cheap....:)

It was $294 last week. I hesitated... Now $10 more...

:bigeyes: Argh!! Too late! I already got it at $360! I can't believe this. ok, ok... breathe in, breath out... breath deep... :sweat:

The $55 diff almost enough to buy the lighting kit promo at sgcamerastore. Oh well, next time must do more homework and ask around more. :bsmilie:

Looking at all the posts, seems like a few accessories at Comex might be a little bit cheaper but provided one know the prices outside, it's dangerous to go in blind. Lack of proper information plus the crowd and noise, it's difficult to think rationally on the spot. Not as bad as buying camera and lens but not exactly worth going unless you know your stuff.
:think:

I got my nissin 622 II at $200 from arkworkfoto... Still considering the $55 16gb class 10 SD card..

adiJOO said:
I got my nissin 622 II at $200 from arkworkfoto... Still considering the $55 16gb class 10 SD card..

I saw the card was at 52 at eastgear. Didn't run ard to check price as I only have like an hr to be there... Cathay was good, I went over to change my faulty 190xprob, tried 4 times n finally got a good set.

Comex 2011 damage - well got a nissin 622 at $199 , firefly at $160 , z96 led - $130 , Hercules bouce card - $10 , sanyo xxx 2500mah batteries ( 2 packs at $50 ), godox 820 power pack - $150 all at sgcamerastore booth 6476

broke liao somemore beginning of the month - Hmm :(

Last edited:
Let me clarify, some of the stuff are really cheaper there but the crowd is crazy cannot really shop, if you are just buying 1 or 2 items then it is not worth the trouble. I wanted to re contract my cable tv but I'd have to queue for minimum 2 hours. I went home and did it online. Just like when the iPhone came out, instead of queuing for hours to get the phone, I did it online and Singtel sent it to me. Imagine if once you reach the front of the queue and were told that I'm sorry there is no more stock! Oh my..!!!! This is my opinion only, penny wise pound foolish

Bro mike tan .have u try the refresh speed of the flash when u use it with the eneloop xx?

Thinning of getting it .

vanguard tripod seems much cheaper at the show, Alta + 264AT with SBH100 was $300 yesterday. SLR Revo $345 and MS Colour $320. Sales person at booth told me to return today for much cheaper price. :dunno:

miketan888 said:
Comex 2011 damage - well got a nissin 622 at $199 , firefly at $160 , z96 led - $130 , Hercules bouce card - $10 , sanyo xxx 2500mah batteries ( 2 packs at $50 ), godox 820 power pack - $150 all at sgcamerastore booth 6476

broke liao somemore beginning of the month - Hmm :(

Haha.. Not getting the SD card.. Had to live with class 4 for the time being to save $$..

Anyway I brought a eneloop family pack, was $59.90, I exchange the AAA with 4 XX .. ended up paying $62

are the manfrotto tripods chceaper? bought 1 carbon one with ballhead :(