G11 and S90 Arrival and Prices in SINGAPORE !!!!!

Waliu...better buy in Malaysia then. Service also in RM..

should be soon... facebook group already up.

Called AP today (26 Oct 2009). They're expecting it mid-end Nov 2009. No news on price yet

should be soon... facebook group already up.
Just saw the facebook grp...there was a mesg posted from the group founder stating that the camera will be launched on 31st October in Singapore. This is unconfirmed so take it with a pinch of salt.

Think I'll have the cam faster in my hand if I order it from US.
Or simply drive over to JB to buy.....

Where's a good place to buy cam in JB?

If you buy the set from Malaysia, is the warranty covered here in Singapore (international coverage?) or just Malaysia? :think:

Think I'll have the cam faster in my hand if I order it from US.
Or simply drive over to JB to buy.....

Where's a good place to buy cam in JB?

Plaza Angsana, I got the info from PhotoMalaysia forum...

If you buy the set from Malaysia, is the warranty covered here in Singapore (international coverage?) or just Malaysia? :think:

Only cover in Malaysia, but in Malaysia currently there is a 1 + 2 yrs warranty promotion... Check out the Canon Malaysia website..

Plaza Angsana, I got the info from PhotoMalaysia forum...

Only cover in Malaysia, but in Malaysia currently there is a 1 + 2 yrs warranty promotion... Check out the Canon Malaysia website..

Won't it be better (as in convenience) to buy from Singapore instead unless the price difference is very great? :think:

Won't it be better (as in convenience) to buy from Singapore instead unless the price difference is very great? :think:
Unless someone needs it very urgently lar (e.g for overseas trip or something), else I think its better to wait out for it to arrive in Sg - I too prefer a local warrantied set. Someone mentioned SRP of S$749 but hope it'll be cheaper than that.

Still waiting also....hopefully it'll arrive by this weekend as mentioned in the S90 Street Photography Challenge facebook group.

Unless someone needs it very urgently lar (e.g for overseas trip or something), else I think its better to wait out for it to arrive in Sg - I too prefer a local warrantied set. Someone mentioned SRP of S$749 but hope it'll be cheaper than that.

Still waiting also....hopefully it'll arrive by this weekend as mentioned in the S90 Street Photography Challenge facebook group.

I will be dropping by MS tonight, will sound them out. Hehe..... ;p

Hmm, just found out Shasinki (online camera shop in Malaysia) selling RM1495... Seems cheaper then tangty's

http://shashinki.com/shop/canon-pow...-file-optical-image-stabilization-p-3765.html

Usually Shasinki is selling slightly expensive then shops. I would guess probably can get RM1450. = SGD604 (1SGD=2.4MYR) But again, Sg might selling slightly expensive. I guess probably around SGD620 street price...

As the exchange rate going higher RM2.45, now it is much cheaper to buy in Malaysia.

Warranty wise.... erm Canon won't spoil easily, except damn sueh.. but Canon Singapore service super good. Got exchanged my out of warranty Ixus V3 for new Ixus i zoom for free cos LCD defect.

Do you think that they would increase the price if there is a high demand?

Last edited:

I would think so. I just stated there is a place in JB, but not recommend to buy in Malaysia.

As the exchange rate going higher RM2.45, now it is much cheaper to buy in Malaysia.

Warranty wise.... erm Canon won't spoil easily, except damn sueh.. but Canon Singapore service super good. Got exchanged my out of warranty Ixus V3 for new Ixus i zoom for free cos LCD defect.

I must agree that Canon won't spoilt easily, especially their compact. My friends, myself feel that too.

I would feel, unless for those frequent travel to Malaysia, and the saving is more then 10%, then can consider to buy.

I will be dropping by MS tonight, will sound them out. Hehe..... ;p
Thanks bro! Do update if you have any news. :)

Hard to say lar.....PnS maybe more susceptible to malfunction due to its more fragile build compared to say DSLRs. But also its quite unlikely to have any fault out of the box lar.

Also used to own the V3 back then and did the free swap for Ixus i after the Canon announcement, but greatly preferred the V3 for its better build and all metal chassis. Sold off the i shortly after.

I don't think so but its likely the pricing here would still be slightly higher than elsewhere (e.g US).

Thanks bro! Do update if you have any news. :)

Hard to say lar.....PnS maybe more susceptible to malfunction due to its more fragile build compared to say DSLRs. But also its quite unlikely to have any fault out of the box lar.

Also used to own the V3 back then and did the free swap for Ixus i after the Canon announcement, but greatly preferred the V3 for its better build and all metal chassis. Sold off the i shortly after.

I don't think so but its likely the pricing here would still be slightly higher than elsewhere (e.g US).

Bro, no news on when S90 will come..... guess we just have to wait for now. :think:

The S90 will be released end of the week!

I managed to play with it today and it is an excellent camera. Next to the LX3 it might look a bit simple but it is smaller and can slip into your jeans pocket comfortably. The low light shots are excellent as you can see from the photo:

S90pics02.jpg

S90pics17.jpg

The ring in front is very useful. I use it for AE control. You can also control WB with the dial at the back which allows you to adjust the R - B spectrum. All in all, I think this is the best compact camera that you can fit into your pocket comfortably.

S90pics07.jpg

The photos are posted as is without adjustments.

Hi "ishoot" - where did you play with it? MS can't even tell me when it will be coming.

The S90 will be released end of the week!

I managed to play with it today and it is an excellent camera. Next to the LX3 it might look a bit simple but it is smaller and can slip into your jeans pocket comfortably. The low light shots are excellent as you can see from the photo:

The ring in front is very useful. I use it for AE control. You can also control WB with the dial at the back which allows you to adjust the R - B spectrum. All in all, I think this is the best compact camera that you can fit into your pocket comfortably.

The photos are posted as is without adjustments.
Thanks for sharing the info and the pics! Looks good - what are the settings used?

BTW where did you get your info from? Lots of ppl here have enquired around the usual shops as to the release date but to no avail.

Bro, no news on when S90 will come..... guess we just have to wait for now. :think:
Thx, well while waiting can always download the user manual and read it first (thats what I did). :bsmilie:

s90 will be available tis friday. Will collect mine in the evening and have the weekend to shoot around.