Flash...metz or pentax 540?

How about Youngnuo YN460 MKII?

Costs about $100 from CS mass sales:)

it means that this brand is also working with pentax k100d but without i-ttl or e-ttl, only manual, am i right?

Just a little advice here.

Price isn't the first thing that should come to mind when choosing a flash. (or anything for the matter) Specs are everything. Does the item fulfill your requirements? (Power GN, refresh rate, P-TTL, swivel, etc) I know it's tempting to get the cheapest, but can you live with the trade-off? (Isn't that why most of us chose Pentax?) :bsmilie:

If you're not sure what you want, get the full featured item with TTL at least. Unless you enjoy the school of hard knocks and frustrate yourself with manual settings that is. (which I incidentally get my kicks from) ;p

I bought the Sigma EF-530 DG Super from OP at $430 today n start to worry m i geting the right item n no remote control inside the box.

In this thread ur mention Sigma ST530 Super and not EF-530.

I bought the Sigma EF-530 DG Super from OP at $430 today n start to worry m i geting the right item n no remote control inside the box.

Sorry wasn't following this thread, so not sure what was mentioned before. But there's only Sigma EF-530 DG Super and EF-530 DG Standard (sometimes shortened to EF-530 ST). You've got the more feature packed Super version, so not need to worry about ST. ;)

And did they say there's supposed to be a remote? You're not thinking about radio triggers are you?

There is no "remote" in the box for all the flash. It is a 3rd party product . . .

Radio triggers/wireless remotes

Thank Gengh n felixcat8888 for the update:sweat:, im a new Pentaxian dunno Radio triggers/wireless remotes?
Gengh, price update DA 14mm f/2.8 ED IF sold at OP S$870(4May2010).

Thank Gengh n felixcat8888 for the update:sweat:, im a new Pentaxian dunno Radio triggers/wireless remotes?
Gengh, price update DA 14mm f/2.8 ED IF sold at OP S$870(4May2010).

Thanks, I've taken note of it, but I won't be making updates to the pricelist till middle of next week, it'll be reflected then.

However, do please try to send me updates through PM instead of posting in the threads, as I don't keep up with all the threads and they can be easy to miss.

Hi,

the metz 58 af1 is so big, does it feel big head small body when use with k-x? in term of weight, does it feel unbalance?

thanks.

The Pentax 540 flash is even bigger :)

Yes, you'd feel a bit unbalanced if you mount the flash on Kx w/ a small lens. But if you have a bigger lenses mounted, it'd be fine :) Besides, the flash is on top of the camera, not as bad as you think.

i see i see, thanks for the information. i think i would go for metz instead of pentax.

yeah, I had aiming this flash for long.

anyway, would take your advice to re-read again. thanks.

Hi,

I had set the Metz 58 Af-1 to p-ttl, do I need to do any thing on k-x body? The user guide isn't that clear...

BTW, I didn't even see the pre-flash, or it might be too fast which I can't really notice. Is it the case?

Also, how could I trigger red-eye reduction?

I read many post about underexposure about Pentax, so I set EV to +1/3.

Thanks.:)

Hi,

I had set the Metz 58 Af-1 to p-ttl, do I need to do any thing on k-x body? The user guide isn't that clear...

BTW, I didn't even see the pre-flash, or it might be too fast which I can't really notice. Is it the case?

Also, how could I trigger red-eye reduction?

I read many post about underexposure about Pentax, so I set EV to +1/3.

Thanks.:)

Go to your K-x flash menu, set the red eye reduction there.