Flash...metz or pentax 540?

bought a metz 58 a while back from OP....am really having fun using it...love the power and recycle rate..

am making DIY diffusers for it now.....

bought a metz 58 a while back from OP....am really having fun using it...love the power and recycle rate..

am making DIY diffusers for it now.....

may i asked how much was it? anymore stock left over there? looking into getting one for myself too...

may i asked how much was it? anymore stock left over there? looking into getting one for myself too...

600...give them a call first...when i was there...they had for every mount except pentax..i waited abt 2 hours to get mine in..

and remember to get the shop stamp on your warranty..

600...give them a call first...when i was there...they had for every mount except pentax..i waited abt 2 hours to get mine in..

and remember to get the shop stamp on your warranty..

tks... so i guess the warranty will be ny them also?

$600... must... stop... the... temptation...

yuh...local warranty...

i heard k13 is going at 580 though

$600... must... stop... the... temptation...

give in..won't regret one...

i used to use a canon beforehand...and i think P-ttl is a different animal from e-ttl2...

but it is good...really....powerful...fast recharge cycles...very yummy

give in..won't regret one...

i used to use a canon beforehand...and i think P-ttl is a different animal from e-ttl2...

but it is good...really....powerful...fast recharge cycles...very yummy
the flash got fast recharge cycle, but not my wallet. :(

Hi guys, if the Metz 58 is like out of budget, is the 48 still a decent flash or should go for Pentax instead??? btw, how much is the 48??

Hi guys, if the Metz 58 is like out of budget, is the 48 still a decent flash or should go for Pentax instead??? btw, how much is the 48??

The 48 is about $400+ Only diff is that there is not fil in flash at the front of the flash and the GN is 48 and not 58.

Looks good enough from what I can tell from the ppl using it for the Pentax outings.
Swivel head, GN48, Wireless support, o/p control, PTTL are all there for a $400+ flash
Certainly a better choice that a AF360 imho

The 48 is about $400+ Only diff is that there is not fil in flash at the front of the flash and the GN is 48 and not 58.

Looks good enough from what I can tell from the ppl using it for the Pentax outings.
Swivel head, GN48, Wireless support, o/p control, PTTL are all there for a $400+ flash
Certainly a better choice that a AF360 imho

Thank bro for the advise.... now for the question of K7 vs Kx.... :dunno::rolleyes::sweat:...

New user = K-x, experience user = K-7

errrr... then I stuck liao.... not new but cfm not as experienced as you guys..... :sweat:...... got a in-between.... Kx7..... :lovegrin:

On a serious note, Kx cfm fit the budget and can prob get 1 more prime and Metz 48..... if get K7, budget enought for K7+Dual Kit + Metz48..... headache is I shoot prime more....:sweat:..... using it for indoor shoting my kid..... kit lens enough to do the job??... of course also considering the D90....

Last edited:
I own both the Metz 58 and 48 flash units. There are many more useful differences that the two big differences outlined above i.e. the Metz 58 can do so much more than the Metz 48 can.

You can visit the Metz web site if you are curious about the details.

http://www.metz.de/en/photo-electronics/mecablitz-models.html

If you are quite serious about flash photography and a photography gear addict to boot... then the Metz 48 won't satisfy you in the long run... else it is absolutely perfect for you.

Keep in mind that most of the features in the Metz 48 are also found in several other brand flash units too... but some of the features in the Metz 58 are simply unavailable in the other brand flash units. Also, the Metz 58 is a really big-sized ultra-powerful extremely feature-rich flash... whereas the Metz 48 has a comfortable size and often (but not always) will allow you to get the job done quite satisfactorily when compared to the other brands.

Get the K7 + Dual Kit + Metz 48 then. The kit lens can capture your kids nicely. For the flash, the Metz 58 is ultra powerful and has features even the Pentax AF540 does not have.

4th day of shooting using the Metz 58 AF1..pttl is confusing still trying to figure it out....doesnt give consistent results or maybe i'm too used to Ettl 2...however i love using it on auto.....just simply love it