Finally gotten my K-x

anywhere allows you to buy dual kit but ability to choose the color of the body ?

i know most shops doesnt but hoping for somewhere that does. :)

The dual kits sold in SG are all black only. No other body colour to choose from unlike other countries.

Hi there,

I am looking for my first DSLR camera and I am interested in the Pentax K-x. I have read some review saying that this camera lack of an AF-point overlay in the optical viewfinder, which means there's no visual confirmation of which points are in focus.

Is this important to have this AF-point?

Can enlighten me on this?

Thank you.

I'm a current k-x user. New to dslr too. I didn't miss the feature. Just set the cam to focus to the centre (which most newbies do anyway, with or without the red dot), press halfway to lock focus, and re-compose. It's really very straightforward.

I am looking for my first DSLR camera and I am interested in the Pentax K-x. I have read some review saying that this camera lack of an AF-point overlay in the optical viewfinder, which means there's no visual confirmation of which points are in focus.

Such a popular question, fengwei should probably put this into a FAQ!

I moved from a K10D to the K-x and didn't miss the feature at all. Most of us use center-point AF, so it really doesn't matter at all. If you use auto-AF point, then you probably don't care to know which points are being selected for AF on. If you use spot select AF, you'll have to use the LCD screen to select the AF point, but this is a rarely used mode.

The main problem is if you use spot select mode for center-point, and then accidentally shift the selected AF point, then you won't have an in-VF indicator that you have the wrong point select. Caught me out once when I once switched to select-AF and forgot to switch back to center-AF and I was wondering why I couldn't focus.

anyone here staying in Jurong West extension is able to show me the function and depth of using a K-X ? Interested in getting one myself.

anyone here staying in Jurong West extension is able to show me the function and depth of using a K-X ? Interested in getting one myself.

Come outing la. We can share one. No worries. Just need a few EZ-links charges only mah to reach us. :bsmilie:

Hi there,

Can enlighten me on this?

Thank you.

usually people find it a problem when they are USED TO IT.

the old pentax mz-30/50 had no such thing either, and they used predictive focus, i think if you haven't used it before you will not find it a problem.

Such a popular question, fengwei should probably put this into a FAQ!

I moved from a K10D to the K-x and didn't miss the feature at all. Most of us use center-point AF, so it really doesn't matter at all. If you use auto-AF point, then you probably don't care to know which points are being selected for AF on. If you use spot select AF, you'll have to use the LCD screen to select the AF point, but this is a rarely used mode.

The main problem is if you use spot select mode for center-point, and then accidentally shift the selected AF point, then you won't have an in-VF indicator that you have the wrong point select. Caught me out once when I once switched to select-AF and forgot to switch back to center-AF and I was wondering why I couldn't focus.

Thank you for the explanation.Now, I got a better understanding on this.

Guys,
I need to do a hands on on the K-X before buying.

Guys,

beachboys27, if hand-on you need, come down for an outing. otherwise, visiting shops selling k-x is another option.

you sound a bit robotic by repeating your request ad-nauseam and not responding to suggestions by fellow forumers. :bsmilie:

Thx for all the previous post from all of you guys,I finally managed to get hold of a K-x kit while clubsnap was down.
Hope to join you guys in future outings.

K-x :Great Camera btw!

Below are some pictures taken with it.
I'm new to photography so pardon me for the images.

4502190106_7252c68e41.jpg

4501551951_62d22fd8c2.jpg

4502177690_f9c8b1fb5a.jpg

I just got k-x too!

xRARAx, you mentioned that you're new to photography, but those are great pictures that you had taken! Mind sharing the lenses that you used to get such good picts.

Guys,

Go down to SLR revolution.Last Fri i walked past saw them displaying all 4 K-x(black/blue/red/white)in a glass cabinet at the front of the shop:)

I just got k-x too!

xRARAx, you mentioned that you're new to photography, but those are great pictures that you had taken! Mind sharing the lenses that you used to get such good picts.

hi, possible to teach me how you achieve the first photo? thanks.

4502190106_7252c68e41.jpg

Last edited:
Extract colour function, its one of the digital filters in the camera (manual page 227). Go see what other fun stuff to play around with.

I just got k-x too!

The first pic was taken with the colour extract filter,the second with high contrast and the third cant remember.lol.
Anyway this pictures are taken all around my neighborhood and i was plaing with the digital filters at that time and was quite impressed with it.
And these are all taken with the kit lens 18-55 as i have yet to buy another.Hoping to get tamron 90mm soon :)

Pentax K-x commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVL4GQRVUzA

Last edited:
Guys,

Dude, if buey tahan, can go to Manly Chinatown or SLR Revo. Cant expect us come to ur place just to do hands on. Manly I think can help u do hands on. I think I saw he had one to show hands on. that day got one guy checking it.

Guys,

Got a feel of the K-x yesterday....it is really light in weight...
There is not much difference between 2.7 inch screen and the 3 inch....

Got a feel of the K-x yesterday....it is really light in weight...
There is not much difference between 2.7 inch screen and the 3 inch....

wow, where did you "feel" it at?

wow, where did you "feel" it at?
Actually, I am in Sweden now. So, went to one of the electrical outlet (something like Best Denki in Singapore).

There are also other brands like Cannon, Sony, Samsung.....in display.

But, the price is high...around S$1100 for the basic kit.