Feedback on new Personal Classified sections

I am fortunate in that nobody has ever "price policed" my sell threads.

Perhaps it's because I price very reasonably.

Nevertheless, price policing is an uninvited & kaypo activity.

If some seller has an "optimistic" price, let them list that price. I look on eBay.com.sg sometimes and I have noticed this on sale for the past TWO (2) YEARS...... But it is totally the sellers business. I can't see anyone ever paying that price but he is entitled to ASK for whatever price he wants....

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Nikon-F70-Au...oryZ7281QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My point is that price policing is not necessary. Too expensive nobody will buy one lah....

Thank you for all the feedback - we are still monitoring the situation and will look at tweaking the system to suit the majority of members.

We will not be able to "fix" all of the issues or implement all of the feedback given that we have software and hardware limitations to take into account, and the system, while not perfect, will need to be able to suit the needs of the majority of members most of the time and we are not going to be able to make it perfect for every single member's needs (my personal experience is that if you ask 10 people for their feedback, you will get 15 different answers).

Not sure if anyone notice/feedback this trend, if the thread goes far behind then can post new thread to sell same thing??
Doesn't this comes back to the same "ups" for the old system?
instead of increasing post, is increasing thread.

Not sure if anyone notice/feedback this trend, if the thread goes far behind then can post new thread to sell same thing??
Doesn't this comes back to the same "ups" for the old system?
instead of increasing post, is increasing thread.
We are monitoring the volume of threads in the sections and will come out with guidelines soon for example no more than 1 similiar thread every seven days - meaning if your thread drops out of view in 7 days, you can post a new thread of the same item.

The guidelines will be published soon.

I have a suggestion. The current system is good for those who are regulars are only want to see the new items posted. But there is another group who wants to see the latest info about every item. So we have both systems. Eg. Have the "Buy/ Sell: Nikon Equipment" forum to promote new items. And another forum that shows the latest updates from all the Buy/ Sell forums. Something like the last forum. Now, we have 2 sets of forums to satisfy both groups of users

I have a suggestion. The current system is good for those who are regulars are only want to see the new items posted. But there is another group who wants to see the latest info about every item. So we have both systems. Eg. Have the "Buy/ Sell: Nikon Equipment" forum to promote new items. And another forum that shows the latest updates from all the Buy/ Sell forums. Something like the last forum. Now, we have 2 sets of forums to satisfy both groups of users

Solution is just one click away, just sort the whole list by "Last posted".

Here are some tips to navigate around the new Personal Classifieds sections. We will be updating this list from time to time.

Viewing a list of all threads in all sections of the Personal Classifieds

Use the New Posts drop-down selection on the navigation bar, select New Personal Classifieds Posts.

newpostdropdown.png

and you will see a consolidated listing like the one shown below.

searchlisting.png

We have added some thread display and sorting options at the top of the section listing that will allow members to more easily sort and browse.

threadsort-options.png

Use the fields inside the red box to change your sort and filtering options, then click [Show Threads]

By default, all threads in the Personal Classifieds are sorted by their Thread Start Time, and to show updates since then, you can select the Sorted By option to show Last Post Time.

Select the Close Thread option from the Thread Tools dropdown to close your thread.

closethread.png

The last 3 posts are some pointers as well as small changes we made to the system to answer some of the feedback that members have given.

a) To view all threads in all sections, use the New Personal Classifieds posts on the New Posts drop-down menu on the Navigation Bar.

b) To view threads sorted by Last Post Time, select the appropriate option on the newly-added Thread Sorting options at the top of the thread listing.

Other pointers and tips will be added here from time to time - Guide to new Personal Classified sections.

Feel free to add on if/when you find a good pointer or tip to navigate around the Personal Classifieds section.

The last 3 posts are some pointers as well as small changes we made to the system to answer some of the feedback that members have given.

a) To view all threads in all sections, use the New Personal Classifieds posts on the New Posts drop-down menu on the Navigation Bar.

b) To view threads sorted by Last Post Time, select the appropriate option on the newly-added Thread Sorting options at the top of the thread listing.

Other pointers and tips will be added here from time to time - Guide to new Personal Classified sections.

Feel free to add on if/when you find a good pointer or tip to navigate around the Personal Classifieds section.
The new personal classified sections work for me. Then again I mainly focus on low volume sections.. The upzz thingie was (for me) silly, and forced me each time to go through many many classified adds that I had absolutely no interest in.

Having said the above, you could have implemented the need to group related items (by brand) differently. One classified forum, but with the ability to filter based on brand. Choice choices choices..

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

-- Marios

The new thread sorting option is a great way to make life easier for lots of us. But 1 issue arise when I used the sorting option. After I set my selection and press the "show thread" button, it bring me to this location.

vBulletin Message
peterpan1975, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

"Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my account or what, maybe modulator could share some light for me. As for the time being, I just have to live with the discomfort of the mess threat.:confused:

Still prefer the previous style, where we can post on individual threads. Dont really like the current "improved" version.

The new thread sorting option is a great way to make life easier for lots of us. But 1 issue arise when I used the sorting option. After I set my selection and press the "show thread" button, it bring me to this location.

vBulletin Message
peterpan1975, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

"Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my account or what, maybe modulator could share some light for me. As for the time being, I just have to live with the discomfort of the mess threat.:confused:

Was just about to feedback this. I have the same problem, i.e. I can't sort the threads.

Still prefer the previous style, where we can post on individual threads. Dont really like the current "improved" version.

Pros and cons to both. I give the mods credit for trying to satisfy the majority.

There is a bug on the new sorting filter. I think not all Members have access to it.

vBulletin Message

Was just about to feedback this. I have the same problem, i.e. I can't sort the threads.

Pros and cons to both. I give the mods credit for trying to satisfy the majority.

There is a bug on the new sorting filter. I think not all Members have access to it.
Thanks for the feedback. Fixed the problem. Kindly revert if there are still issues.

Thanks for the feedback. Fixed the problem. Kindly revert if there are still issues.

Good job Edmund !! :thumbsup: it works wonder now. Ups for the mod !!! :bsmilie:

Ahhhh... the magic 'Doremon' sort filter I was looking for! Great job guys. I am loving it!

Hi Edmund

Trying to get to some old discussions that I tagged (B&S items)..

e.g. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360082

I get the same message as the one others reported, that i don't have access etc... >>>>

marios_pittas, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

<<<< what gives?

Hi Marios,

Apologies for the late reply, have been swamped at work and home.

To answer your question, the thread you mentioned has been moved to archive as the last post in that thread was dated 27th May 08.
If you are interested in the item, you might like to contact the TS (adam) to see if he still has the item available for sale.