excellent example of time lapse

I am so impressed by it. But need to read up on how to do someting like it especially the post processing. Can start with the lights turning on and off at HDB or suntec etc.

It is better to enjoy watching than doing.
For most of us we do not have enough time and patience to do all this.
Much easier like what our govt. do, collect $70 million within a shot period, and don't have to say thank you.

It is better to enjoy watching than doing.
For most of us we do not have enough time and patience to do all this.
Much easier like what our govt. do, collect $70 million within a shot period, and don't have to say thank you.

You are right, but probably get a better satisfaction out of it as well if you are the one doing it yourself and experiencing the results of your own labor. start small then expand?

I say why don't each of us do a 30 second take and combine for a Clubsnap time lapse video :)

Now have to research how to do a time lapse.

now what has the gov got to do with time lapse photography
please cease and desist

Please allow me to explain my point in details.
To produce such a quality time lapse photography / video clips it has to consisit the basic four elements...skill, equipment,time ( including patience ) and lastly finacial backup.
That's why many local artist or sports events are busy looking for sponsorers. As we can see, to be as skillful, one had to go thro plenty of training, trial and error and in the long run a lot of money involved, getting the equipment also incur money, the time to do it as in Singapore, time equals to money so it all revolves around money.
Singapore is a finacial hub, not an artistic hub, as a sec two student posted here which mention his interest/passion in photography and would like to spend his school holidays doing some work to self finance his hobby but there were much C'ser here advice him to concentrate more on his study and obtain a degree and works towards a CEO position then take photography as a part time hobby.
By quoting the...as published/reported in all medias and mainstream and also reflects what the general C'sers opinion...making money is more important than making art are in accordance to...ringing the same chord.
Though, I know there are quite a number of younger generation are passionate about arts, but mostly after some trial, they have to bow to the real facts of life in Singapore are quite different from other place.

It might sound / read unrelated to photography time lapse, but it is link to, especially video or movie production.

Last edited:
To produce such a quality time lapse photography / video clips it has to consisit the basic four elements...skill, equipment,time ( including patience ) and lastly finacial backup.
That's why many local artist or sports events are busy looking for sponsorers. As we can see, to be as skillful, one had to go thro plenty of training, trial and error and in the long run a lot of money involved, getting the equipment also incur money, the time to do it as in Singapore, time equals to money so it all revolves around money.
Singapore is a finacial hub, not an artistic hub, as a sec two student posted here which mention his interest/passion in photography and would like to spend his school holidays doing some work to self finance his hobby but there were much C'ser here advice him to concentrate more on his study and obtain a degree and works towards a CEO position then take photography as a part time hobby.
By quoting the...as published/reported in all medias and mainstream and also reflects what the general C'sers opinion...making money is more important than making art are in accordance to...
Though, I know there are quite a number of younger generation are passionate about arts, but mostly they have to bow to the real facts of life in Singapore are quite different from other place.

now what has the gov got to do with time lapse photography
please cease and desist

"what does a cat have to do with why you're late?"

"oh, you see, dogs are closely related to wolves. you know, you can train a dog to roll around in the mud... you can train a dog to fetch a newspaper for you..... you can train a dog to jump over the moon. blah blah blah yada yada yada yada yada yada yak yak yak yak yak yak yakkkkk. oh, and this means that a cat made me late.........................."

Cats and dogs can be good friends/companion just like koala and goat.

By quoting the...as published/reported in all medias and mainstream and also reflects what the general C'sers opinion...making money is more important than making art are in accordance to...ringing the same chord.
Though, I know there are quite a number of younger generation are passionate about arts, but mostly after some trial, they have to bow to the real facts of life in Singapore are quite different from other place.

It might sound / read unrelated to photography time lapse, but it is link to, especially video or movie production.

let me try to understand

1. take alot of time to do
2. time = money
3. money is important
4. so can quote any article that says money is important

hmmmmmm ..... ..... ....
quite deep this one :think:

but answer is still no

i can find racist articles that says money is important
i can find hate articles that says money is important

so just to remind everyone

3. Off-Topic (OT) posts - Please direct all posts not related to Photography to the Kopitiam forum. OT posts will be deleted or moved without noticed if posted in any other forums.
  • NOTE: Although Kopitiam is meant as a catch-all area for things not related to photography, posts/threads which are:
    1. religious,
    2. political,
    3. racist;
    in nature or can be construed as such will be removed without notification.

I say why don't each of us do a 30 second take and combine for a Clubsnap time lapse video :)

ahemm...

i'm interested...:D

Hi Ortega,

Mostly all articles will try to avoid mentioning money matters, however in real life situation, especially here in Singapore, things are different. But I have to mention the word " govt " again, pls do not be agitated, as our govt are fully supportive of art, as can be seen the Esplanade theatre by the Bay, Art musuem, and now converting the ex supreme court into an art gallery, plus the art festivals which holds every year, plus the many concerts which holds per year, so its all for the sake of promoting arts.
As we trace back when we just begins, the priority is to create jobs , then provide housing for each citizen, only then when there are surplus fund then we built the Esplanade theatre.
We also have the Max pavilion, Indoor Stadium all also for the performance art. Its all for the citizen to enjoy and appreciate good art like opera, concerts, musical, art exhibition etc etc.
Not forgetting, our govt always have the citizen at heart, and has been trying to bring us into the Swiss standard of living. Our govt also sees the bright prospect of virtual animation and also has set a lot of funding in those field of education.
But most important, always the money goes first.
Like recently, ClapSnap had a major breakdown, non of the members could do anything, except when someone says, get a replacemnt server...but does it comes for free ?

will the result be consistent ?

will the result be consistent ?

maybe after a hundreds of tries and uploads esp from newbies like us..:D

sorry noob q..
i'm abit puzzled on what kind of head they're using, how come the panning of the shots are so fine when it's in diagonal and vertical movement?:dunno:

I have an even more noobie Q. How to do interval shooting using Canon 5DMkII without a corded solution such as TC-80N3?

To answer my own question. This seems like the solution for star trail as well. Can pocket wizard and the likes of flash triggers do this?
http://www.pclix.com/pages/pclix_main.html

Last edited:
maybe after a hundreds of tries and uploads esp from newbies like us..:D

sorry noob q..
i'm abit puzzled on what kind of head they're using, how come the panning of the shots are so fine when it's in diagonal and vertical movement?:dunno:

Can try a video type hydraulic head. Of coz must be the pro model.

Last edited:
If we are to watch this time lapse over say 20 times, one will notice that if it is only one segment, the time lapse effect will be just quite ordinary, only when the many segment piece all together plus the music, then it will become something refreshing.

Just look at only one segment without sound, over and over and over ub the same segemnt.