EM-10 Official! The OM-D for All!

Oh, I thought I read someone posted on the net said they can do it overseas on this model. :(

Keystone feature is only available for EM1, one of the reasons for the premium it charges, as told by Olympus staff when attending the free course last month.

Sorry for a noob question.

For scenery shooting (both day and night without flash), which lens is more recommended?

1. 14-42mm EZ
2. ED 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R (I guess this should be out)
3. 45mm F1.8

Thanks.

Last edited:

For scenery shooting (both day and night without flash), which lens is more recommended?

1. 12-42mm EZ
3. 45mm F1.8

Thanks.

If can go for sat talk at funan center, ask Wong lp on this topic till he become "puffer fish out of water".
Normally for me was 12-42mm EZ and best with 9-14mm which can try at Olympus service center.

To all EM10 new owner, maybe go for this SAT 6-Dec at 04-31 funan centre for
<Long Exposure & Landscape Techniques with Olympus> by WongLP, Sat 6th Dec, 4.30pm.

EM10 use for 3 mths still not fully utilise the functions of the camera, go for free workshop at Olympus where just teach iAuto & ART filter function.
For APSM function & etc on 2 X full day course which have to pay $280.

Need to register. How to do it

1. 12-42mm EZ
3. 45mm F1.8

Thanks.

All lenses also can, just depends on your idea of a final image. If you go mount everest, you want to shoot all the mountains or zoom in to the peak? There's no right and wrong lenses, only appropriate lenses

If can go for sat talk at funan center, ask Wong lp on this topic till he become "puffer fish out of water".
Normally for me was 12-42mm EZ and best with 9-14mm which can try at Olympus service center.

I am very interested in the workshop but I got something on at the same timing.

All lenses also can, just depends on your idea of a final image. If you go mount everest, you want to shoot all the mountains or zoom in to the peak? There's no right and wrong lenses, only appropriate lenses

What if I want to shoot all the mountains?

Dun understand what's "puffer fish out of water" means, but it sounds fishy. Thanks for support :)

Need to register. How to do it

There's a wildlife talk on Sunday by William Chua, a photographer whom I follow.

I am very interested in the workshop but I got something on at the same timing.

What if I want to shoot all the mountains?

Shoot all mountains of course use widest, shoot a few but compress them as if they are very close to each other, use tele, this is also known as perspective compression. E.g. as below

Widest(panasonic 7-14)+panorama

Tele (Olympus 75/1.8) + panorama (perspective compression), same scene, but different.

No right, no wrong, depends on what you want to convey.

Btw, this is thread for EM10, not landscape, kindly stay on topic. Thanks

If you are limited by the availability of widest lens, you can also stich your photos to create panorama shot

Puffer fish out of water

$puffer out of water-2.jpg

Shoot all mountains of course use widest, shoot a few but compress them as if they are very close to each other, use tele, this is also known as perspective compression. E.g. as below

Widest(panasonic 7-14)+panorama

Tele (Olympus 75/1.8) + panorama (perspective compression), same scene, but different.

No right, no wrong, depends on what you want to convey.

Btw, this is thread for EM10, not landscape, kindly stay on topic. Thanks

Thanks.

I thought I am asking about the appropriate lenses for E-M10, am I not?

Thanks.

I thought I am asking about the appropriate lenses for E-M10, am I not?
If ur question is about choosing 1 of the 3 lenses to shoot scenery at various points of time, then go with 14-42.

If u can afford, then go for 12-40 f2.8 pro.

Not really sure whether did I answered ur question. Let me know if u r looking for more information.

Wong did answer u in his own way. Cheers!

If ur question is about choosing 1 of the 3 lenses to shoot scenery at various points of time, then go with 14-42.

If u can afford, then go for 12-40 f2.8 pro.

Not really sure whether did I answered ur question. Let me know if u r looking for more information.

Wong did answer u in his own way. Cheers!

Thanks for the reply.

Hi all,

I just bought an EM10. Just to check, does your EM10 takes a lot of time to save in RAW+JPG? I am using a normal SANDISK 16gb SD card ( the blue one, given free with purchase). It took ard 5 sec to complete saving and preview.

Is this normal? Or I really need to get a Sandisk Extreme series at least?

Thx!

Hi all,

I just bought an EM10. Just to check, does your EM10 takes a lot of time to save in RAW+JPG? I am using a normal SANDISK 16gb SD card ( the blue one, given free with purchase). It took ard 5 sec to complete saving and preview.

Thx!
Get a faster SD card that has a rating of at least 45MB/s. Anything faster doesn't worth the $.

Should I buy Panasonic 12-35 f2.8 or Olympus 12-40 f2.8 for my e-m10 if I already have Panasonic 35-100 f2.8?

I am thinking of selling away 14-42 pancake, 45 1.8 and 45 2.8 macro, so as to buy the fast zoom lens.

Anyone bought the grip? Where did u buy from, is it original and how much it cost?

Hi all,

Thx!

Get a faster SD card that has a rating of at least 45MB/s. Anything faster doesn't worth the $.

The SanDisk Extreme series got a new version that offers at least 60 MB/s but not many shops carry them.

Anyone know what software(s) can open and view .ORF files since free download for OLYMPUS Viewer 2 was terminated on April 8, 2013?

Thanks.