Dell U2410 feedback

I contacted Dell and they said, the signal must come from the same source/port, didn't sound too convincing on the phone so I am thinking they weren't sure, but I may be wrong lah.

Their product page states:
Picture-in-Picture and Picture-by-Picture Multi-Views: View a smaller subscreen within your main screen, or two screens at once, using intuitive onscreen controls.

Can you guys with this monitor confirm?

../azul123

Any feedback so far bro?? Did you get the A00 or the A01 monitor?
A00 or A01 is only in the firmware which comes on the accompanying CD-Rom. Those who has A00 firmware can always try upgrading to A01 firmware.

A00 or A01 is only in the firmware which comes on the accompanying CD-Rom. Those who has A00 firmware can always try upgrading to A01 firmware.

jus curious if anybody from A00 to A01 have a significant improvement

cheers

PIP Mode... Can only when in DVI, can only select Component, VGA, Composite and DisplayPort.
Can elaborate a little? am not too technical with this type of thing.

If I connect one PC to DVI port and another PC or MacMini to the Displayport, I can see both PCs output on the same Dell U2410 screen via PIP mode correct?

../azul123

Can elaborate a little? am not too technical with this type of thing.

If I connect one PC to DVI port and another PC or MacMini to the Displayport, I can see both PCs output on the same Dell U2410 screen via PIP mode correct?

../azul123
Sorry for the poor explanation. My brain wasn't functioning properly. LOL!

Yes you are correct. When you use your DVI port, you can plug in another input via VGA, DisplayPort, Component and get both displays into one screen.

That is great news man, thanks... Dell Support was wrong then. This set has very good reviews except for the tint issues in the A00 version, hoepfully all good for A01 version. Last check $730.

../azul123

That is great news man, thanks... Dell Support was wrong then. This set has very good reviews except for the tint issues in the A00 version, hoepfully all good for A01 version. Last check $730.

../azul123

u should get it when it's $639, never mind, promotion over

cheers

don't know if the shop at funan have any festive deals :)

cheers

Sounds like a plan.. CNY offer or Comex.

../azul123

it's not that a calibrator is needed to max out the potential. it's more like a calibrator is REQUIRED if you're serious about the colors of your images and prints. =D
but the calibrator do help to get the color rite :)

but the calibrator do help to get the color rite :)
But this screen comes already calibrated that's what I read, but nothing beats dedicated calibration I agree bcos we all have different ambient lighting at home etc..

../azul123

COMEX is end April.... That's a looooooooong wait... Hope something attractive comes up for CNY

If CNY offer is $639 then, no need to wait for Comex... not long lah, months fly past so quickly. Especially, if already have other computer to work on.

../azul123