Dell 24 inch LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
wiz23 said:
I think in the end, I'll just get the iMac G5 20" ... it comes with the screen :bsmilie:
20" small leh .... you PRO need atlease 30" ACD :thumbsup:

ricohflex said:
oh lucky not me
my co worker bought Dell PC
got problems
the one selling it or sending it say I only sell it/ send it and install.
If you got problems you have to call another dept;

in other words, message seems to be
[not my problem you dope, who asked you to buy from Dell?]

and then you wait.
if they turn up, they may or may not solve your problem.

I think the pc components not 1st rate anyway.
The trick is you cannot specify in great detail what you will get.
It is supposed to be low cost so you cannot complain.

I much prefer Sim Lim Square small IT shops where you can custom specify and build
according to the components that you want.
And back up svc is 1st rate; if got problem bring back and they deal same day, no such thing like waiting 2 weeks; and no charge except if you change components.
Small IT shop is smaller and service is more personal.
Not a giant international company with many departments. Perhaps no one cares or no one has ownership of the problem facing you.

the one send is third party... as per normal they are paid for delivery only.....

if got problem then have to call dell support line.......

so far i still like dell onsite service, you do not need to send in for repair.. they will come down to repair of swap it

:)

Beachboy said:
juz signup for the starhub desktop promo, duno the graphic card in the option 2 can support or not.......
nVidia GeForce 6200SE 3D PCI-Express

I believe it does support :)

IMO, the dell and the apple screens render color slightly differently out of the box. Personally I prefer the apple screen as I had the chance to see them side by side. I am not sure if after calibration they are the same.

Although they are the same screen from LG phillips, the technology used in the enclosure is different I believe.

Cheers~!

rebbot said:
IMO, the dell and the apple screens render color slightly differently out of the box. Personally I prefer the apple screen as I had the chance to see them side by side. I am not sure if after calibration they are the same.

Although they are the same screen from LG phillips, the technology used in the enclosure is different I believe.

Cheers~!
Like this ah? BB, buy Apple lah! :bsmilie:

wiz23 said:
Like this ah? BB, buy Apple lah! :bsmilie:

seriously, I did ask BB to take a look at the panels and decide. :bsmilie: else he blame me later~ :sticktong

rebbot said:
seriously, I did ask BB to take a look at the panels and decide. :bsmilie: else he blame me later~ :sticktong
No lah, he won't ... Buy an Apple, no regrets! :thumbsup: :devil:

rebbot said:
thanks i think i goes for the cheaper one bah

I think Dell 24" LCD is "cheap" and good. When buying, remember to get the 5 yrs extended warranty. It cause an additional of less than $100. It come with a next day part exchange policy. Most probably a 1-1 exchange. If the current model is discontinued, you will probably get a newer similar or better model to replace you faulty LCD as long as you are still within warranty. You might be able to get a larger screen size too ;) .
So far their on-site service is good and usually resolved the problem on the same day. If not, can contact their customer service (in Penang) and raise it as an issue. You will get some immediately response.

weekh said:
Can someone tell me what's the diff between analog and digital for the cable connection?
I think the main difference is sharpness. Copied from some where from internet.
An analog signal will be somewhat less sharp, and has the possibility of some small amount of ghosting, depending on the quality of the cable and connection to your computer.
Because there's no digital to analog and back to digital conversion, a digital signal avoids all that. The images will generally be much crisper and clearer.

Beachboy said:
thanks i think i goes for the cheaper one bah

Dun regret ar~! I take a picture of my ACD for you only when it arrives :sticktong

Ola said:
I think Dell 24" LCD is "cheap" and good. When buying, remember to get the 5 yrs extended warranty. It cause an additional of less than $100. It come with a next day part exchange policy. Most probably a 1-1 exchange. If the current model is discontinued, you will probably get a newer similar or better model to replace you faulty LCD as long as you are still within warranty. You might be able to get a larger screen size too ;) .
So far their on-site service is good and usually resolved the problem on the same day. If not, can contact their customer service (in Penang) and raise it as an issue. You will get some immediately response.
ok got it thanks.... going to order tomorrow

rebbot said:
Dun regret ar~! I take a picture of my ACD for you only when it arrives :sticktong
cannot lar i save money to buy next release of Dell 30" ;)

so that i can have both :bsmilie:

wiz23 said:
The PRO has spoken! *bow*

:hammer: dun start ar :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.