D90 User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, just new to DLSR and just acquired a 2nd hand d90 with the kit lens.

It already came with a Hoya UV filter and i am thinking of getting a CPL filter to go over it.

I did some check on ebay and realise there are a few types of Pro 1 CPL filters
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/HOYA-67mm-PR...ewItemQQptZCamera_Filters?hash=item414a1f00c4
this is $80+ ( blue packaging )

and this is $120+ ( black packaging )
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Hoya-67mm-Ci..._Photographic_Accessories?hash=item19b7bca0db

which is the correct version to get? I mean the vendor selling his , is it the black version or the blue version?

thanks in advance.

Hi,

Would like to ask should i get a extra battery for my India trip? Does any brother travel with only single battery and find it alright so far?

How much is the extra battery for Nikon D90? is there third party one?

Hi,

Would like to ask should i get a extra battery for my India trip? Does any brother travel with only single battery and find it alright so far?

original battery sells for around 65. some people are saying SLR revolution selling it at 49.

3rd party ones, use at your own risk. I used them in the past but I am refusing to use them now.

SLR revolution is selling at $49.

It's confirmed. Just got my D90 from them last week =)

Hi,

Is it safe to walk anyhow in India with your DSLR?:think:

Is it safe to walk anyhow in India with your DSLR?:think:

haha i ask ard, mostly said safety is not a big issue, only water hygiene is big issue there ...:sweat:

Hi,

My 3rd party batt serves me well.

Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/2-Phottix-Ba...ography_DigitalCamBatt_RL?hash=item2ea9334363
approx sg$38 for 2 Phottix batt.. i bought from them batt grip with 2 batt for sg$118 ;)

My 3rd party batt serves me well.

how much you get your 3rd party batt ?
I am thinking to get one also as this is only secondary and for back up purpose...

Hi to all,

Im using D90 and got a 50mm and looking for zoom lens which i can use in lowlights also. I need help about this lens, can advise me about the tamron 17-50 non motor and with motor.

They say non motor is fast in af and the motor is kinda slow. How about the IQ and sharpness of the picture?

Thanks in advance.

Hi to all,

Im using D90 and got a 50mm and looking for zoom lens which i can use in lowlights also. I need help about this lens, can advise me about the tamron 17-50 non motor and with motor.

They say non motor is fast in af and the motor is kinda slow. How about the IQ and sharpness of the picture?

Thanks in advance.

There are so many reviews on the tamron, u can read them on ur own. To sum up, it's sharp in the centre at all focal lengths, weakness being at 17mm (vignetting, soft corners, chromatic aberrations)...but considering its price it's an excellent lens.
Non-motor vs BIM not much difference in focusing speed, but since u're using D90 u can get either one, see which one is cheaper lo...

Hi to all,

Thanks in advance.

I doubt you can find the non-motor version new nowadays. Quite rare. You might be able to find some non-motorized ones used in BnS.

SLR Revolution quoted $1630 for kit set, no freebies. Try out with them if you don't need those other stuff.

Just to update on your price. Got quoted $1627 for D90 kit, freebies as per Alan Photo's current promotion http://www.alanphoto.com.sg/nikonslr.html

Not advertising for SLR Rev, just thought fellow CSers interested in D90 might wanna know.

Any D90 bro bought this lcd battery grp? Care to feedback please

fxy0_ww9_p0239_01.jpg

Hi to all,

Thanks in advance.

Tamron 17-50mm lens is good and rugged lens. Picture quanlity is good.

Last edited:
$1661 for D90 Kit, 8GB, Lowepro Rezo 190AW :thumbsup:

Yep, that's the package I got quoted for + cleaning kit, LCD pad @ $1627.

May I know which shop you got the quote from?

Hi just asking around
im getting my DLSR camera which is D90 between these few days
soo..
May i ask u guys for ur opinion for
D90 + Standard Kit Lense 18-105mm F/3.5-5.6G ED VR +Freebies
Freebies
-2 8Gb memory Card
-Tripod
-Lower Pro Bag
-Battery
-Filter
-Dry Box
-Card reader
-Screen protector
-Cleaning Kid
@ $1988

Or i should get from ALAN Shop
D90 +Standard Kit lense 18-105mm+Freebies
FREE SD 8GB + Camera Bag + LCD Pad + Cleaning kit
@ $1669

Thank you for ur answers! any other opinions or suggestions are welcome too! Like any shop and their package price etc

Status
Not open for further replies.