D800 User Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.
did the tuning with objects around my room around 6-8ft away, then "real world" as i took pictures. It's not 100%, but the values are very close to what they should be, especially since i tested with static objects at home. Nothing close to +/- 20 anyway.

i'll give it a shot. thanks!

Anyone tried the video function ?
How was the continues focus during video shooting ?
Thanks

haaaaa got i fella selling D800 at $1800 @ BNS.... who wanna go grab it..... :sweat::rolleyes:

Too good to be true.. normally means it is not true!! Please be careful with this deal.

haaaaa got i fella selling D800 at $1800 @ BNS.... who wanna go grab it..... :sweat::rolleyes:

....you saw it first .......... go for it ...............

Any idea how much MB D12 cost?

Anyone tried the video function ?
How was the continues focus during video shooting ?
Thanks

af is noisy depending on the lens, sometimes consistently hunting for contrast and may not get what you want to be in focus, best would still be manual focusing :)

Last edited:
af is noisy depending on the lens, sometimes consistently hunting for contrast and may not get what you want to be in focus, best would still be manual focusing :)

I would agree. The built-in mic can pick up the AF noise. Depending on the lens, the focus breathing when it is making small AF hunting adjustments can drive you nuts!

Pressing the AF-On button when an AF adjustment is required seems to be a good compromise.

I've also found it better to turn off the automatic gain control of the mic to prevent the audio from clipping.

joecool1211 said:
I would agree. The built-in mic can pick up the AF noise. Depending on the lens, the focus breathing when it is making small AF hunting adjustments can drive you nuts!

Pressing the AF-On button when an AF adjustment is required seems to be a good compromise.

I've also found it better to turn off the automatic gain control of the mic to prevent the audio from clipping.

Used AFS lens to be solving noise problem.

Numnumball said:
Very impressed with D800's high iso performance.

Shot at ISO 6400, f1.4, 1/50 with AFS85 f1.4G in pitch darkness (JPEG, cropped)

Are u sure that this shot by using iso 6400? This is impossible. How much the body of d800? My d7000 at 6400 is suck with the result.

shottobefun said:
Are u sure that this shot by using iso 6400? This is impossible. How much the body of d800? My d7000 at 6400 is suck with the result.

This one I done for 6400 with f2.8 @ 50mm f1.8G

DSC_0179.jpg

Do i need to say more?

7155535052_44834e078a_b.jpg

i seriously don't understand why do u hv to doubt the high iso capabilities of D800.. FX and DX - Its a diff league, u don't compare apple to orange..

ISO 6400 and f/1.4. That is quite a bit a light. I don't see a problem.

Numnumball said:
Do i need to say more?

i seriously don't understand why do u hv to doubt the high iso capabilities of D800.. FX and DX - Its a diff league, u don't compare apple to orange..

Seeing the face of the owl.
Guess it also feel sien that you guys are arguing on the ISO capability.
:)

Actururss said:
Seeing the face of the owl.
Guess it also feel sien that you guys are arguing on the ISO capability.
:)

Lol.. A gd joke to ease e "atmosphere" here.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.