D7000 Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I was also waiting for D7k like mad. But because of its current unavailability, tried my hands on D300s. That body feel is amazing.
D7k is definitely better than D300s in some of the specs but that D300s hold couldn't stop me from buying it. Finally a proud owner of D300s
:)

I have sold my sony gears. Waiting to be a proud owner of d7k too.

Hi guys,
I was also waiting for D7k like mad. But because of its current unavailability, tried my hands on D300s. That body feel is amazing.
D7k is definitely better than D300s in some of the specs but that D300s hold couldn't stop me from buying it. Finally a proud owner of D300s

Enjoy your D300s and Happy Shooting. For those are waiting for D7000, Happy Waiting too ;)

Heard from a source (a shop) that D7K is coming in within first week of NOV... price not confirmed yet, can buy body alone somore...(me likes!)

Sorry, please don't PM me - I ain't revealing anything or else killing my own lobang.... :bsmilie:

Heard from a source (a shop) that D7K is coming in within first week of NOV... price not confirmed yet, can buy body alone somore...(me likes!)

Sorry, please don't PM me - I ain't revealing anything or else killing my own lobang.... :bsmilie:

gosh!! gonna stalk u!! LOL!! if that's really true. its really good news!

Since D7000 is already launched, anyone knows the Nikon advert for D7000?
Like D3000 is this cute Asian (Jap looking) girl.
D5000 is this Spanish or South American looking guy on top of somewhere.
D90 is black horse???
D300 is eagle at sea??? Or was that D700?

So what is D7000? A white horse now?

BTW was there one for D3100? Don't recall seeing one. I only recall seeing the 7D one during that time. This American actor in safari wear.

D3100 advert is about this wondering (sic : wandering) girl...and she was seen taking a "quiet" shot, a D7k feature, of a sleeping baby...

Canon 7D used Ken Watanabe as the icon...

Nikon has to time their advert ... they do it now and the supply is not available yet...this can cause grave disappointment .. up until this afternoon, i checked with a few shops; cathay, tkfoto and a few smaller shops at peninsula plaza, no one has any concrete idea when D7K stock will be available here ...

Last edited:
Interestingly I felt the same for D300s. D300s feels more expensive (Slightly). But the Devi7k ISO is a WOW WOW factor. Hope more reviews and feedback from more bros soon before spending $$$. Tough choice.

Lumiere: Thanks for sharing. Can share some thought between D7k and D300s.

Hey mate i really have no idea coz i didn't use the D300s before...But one thing for sure I know its a tad better than my former D300 which i loved a lot before my current D700.

Hi guys,

Congrats bro...have fun!!! maybe you can help Redantckc with some comments on the D300s compared with D7000.

I have sold my sony gears. Waiting to be a proud owner of d7k too.

Wow thats a great step...welcome to the club.

D90 is black horse???

BTW was there one for D3100? Don't recall seeing one. I only recall seeing the 7D one during that time. This American actor in safari wear.

Didn't I did an unofficial one...showing that the D7000 is more important than the girlfriend? hahahah just kidding. Otherwise my ears and knees will suffer :sweat:

Bryan is a nice guy. Talk to him during the kopi session he's friendly and willing to share what he know :thumbsup:

D90 is black horse???

watch this space loh. http://www.youtube.com/user/nikonhongkong

That's not really new bro.... Anyway from 3 past experiences on purchasing bodies, you really need to get it first right into your hands before confirming that its true.

Hi guys, just got back from HK today. No luck in getting the D7000. I asked tin cheung, wing shing and some small shops around and no one has any stocks but only mentioned that its arriving within weeks.

Good luck to those who is going HK soon! ;)

That's not really new bro.... Anyway from 3 past experiences on purchasing bodies, you really need to get it first right into your hands before confirming that its true.

Yup, I know. I wasn't totally convinced either, but he sounds really convincing though. Anyway, I've passed him my HP to inform me right away if it's truly here then, and what's his body price / kit is like. Until then, I'll keep my mouth mum... :bsmilie:

Report of D7000 dead/hot/stuck pixels in live view.

http://nikonrumors.com/forum/topic.php?id=2662

I think these guys are crazy.
They are searching for hot pixels and can only find them if they either put the lens cap on or shooting video of a very very dark scene at ISO 3200.
I can't think of any practical situations, unless one is a peeping Tom, in which these stuck or hot pixels matter.

Last edited:
in this case i remembered D700 also have hot pixel
:bsmilie:

FYI it should be out in 7-14days from my fav. dealer
but its over subscribe like the recent IPOs :bsmilie:

I think these guys are crazy.
They are searching for hot pixels and can only find them if they either put the lens cap on or shooting video of a very very dark scene at ISO 3200.
I can't think of any practical situations, unless one is a peeping Tom, in which these stuck or hot pixels matter.

It could be actually... This is consider a defect... Of course, if 1 or 2 hot pixel it's still ok.

Check out the youtube video for that person who's shooting a tires... The hot pixel is like... :dunno:

Nevertheless, what causes it? A physical defect? Or a firmware problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.