D70 Focus Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to have one for my D70. Coz I like MF even I use the AF lens.

Any luck of getting one?

behyx said:
a very lousy photo.. taken using an old PnS digital camera to take.. i tried the best angle i could to avoid the flare that will show up in the viewfinder.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/behyx/album?.dir=/af93

I deliberately make it not-in-focus so u can see the split of the screen.. viewfinder a little dirty.. :( too much experimenting..
thanks a million. brings back the "old school" feeling of shooting a manual camera.. "ahhhhh...." how i missed aligning those lines..

yanyewkay said:
thanks a million. brings back the "old school" feeling of shooting a manual camera.. "ahhhhh...." how i missed aligning those lines..

yup, today is my first serious (actual) day using AF with split screen.. There was 1 time when it's a bit dim, the AF actually focus wrongly! Somemore it even show me the green light at the bottom left corner.. IF at that time i don't have split screen to assist me, the picture would have turn out OOF.

behyx said:
yup, today is my first serious (actual) day using AF with split screen.. There was 1 time when it's a bit dim, the AF actually focus wrongly! Somemore it even show me the green light at the bottom left corner.. IF at that time i don't have split screen to assist me, the picture would have turn out OOF.
oh yikes....

it never occured to me that technology can go wrong and focus wrongly....

behyx said:
1 time out of how many? I supposed you brought it out for a full day's shoot?

behyx said:

hmmmm never had that problem with my unmodified d70 or other nikon AF film cameras before. either it focusses correctly, or it does not focus at all (and the cam tells me it is not focussed).

maybe your camera was focussing on something off-subject? or maybe the split screen is affecting the AF? just thinking aloud here...

erm.. think he was referring to his modified focus screen. I'd love to the the split screen but I'm very sure it'll void my warranty. :( :cry:

behyx: how much did you pay for the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.