D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone invokes the Lemon Law, you can be sure that Nikon will come up with a more stringent guideline on exchange/refund policy

But I think the law will override any t&c by corporate entity.

Oh u noe better that the trollig started way back at the D600 User Thread II (go check your own post history). I decided not to report u at that time, but doesn't mean I put up with trolls. And not just me, look at your own history of trolling other pple's comments with nasty one-liners. It's a miracle no one reported u to the mods, so better not step over the line and lose your account.
I like your subtle sense of humor. :cheers:

But I think the law will override any t&c by corporate entity.
Absolutely but it doesn't say they have to exchange your D600 for a D610. The best you can do is getting your money back.

Anyway, surprisingly I still haven't encountered any specs on my D600 sensor.

Last edited:
What make u think d610 will have no dust problem or other issues?

I have been out of this forum for quite a while and I can't believe that this thread is still going strong. :eek:

Very nice, have not expected so soon can pick up another D600 cheap..lol

When you guys spotted the dust / oil, were they being captured on the normal image without the pixel peeping ?

I can only detect some small ones above f/21, and pixel peep in the screen. Does it warrant for a shutter replacement ?
Or changes are that they will only do a sensor cleaning, and refuse a replacement ? I do not want to miss the warranty period.

Only done once sensor cleaning at the NSC. My D600 was purchased in end Nov.

When you guys spotted the dust / oil, were they being captured on the normal image without the pixel peeping ? I can only detect some small ones above f/21, and pixel peep in the screen. Does it warrant for a shutter replacement ? Or changes are that they will only do a sensor cleaning, and refuse a replacement ? I do not want to miss the warranty period. Only done once sensor cleaning at the NSC. My D600 was purchased in end Nov.

Shoot at sky and zoom in using u PC/Mac. Left of the photo should show dust / oil spots. If can see, bring the cam and show them. They will replace shutter.

What make u think d610 will have no dust problem or other issues?

Copy.. i am interested in d610 too. Unfortunately nikon posted only sample has already found a dust spot. Some people from dpreview forum found more than 4 spots in that image. That was taken with only f8. I think dust might be common. Oil or stain is something we need to worry....

Copy.. i am interested in d610 too. Unfortunately nikon posted only sample has already found a dust spot. Some people from dpreview forum found more than 4 spots in that image. That was taken with only f8. I think dust might be common. Oil or stain is something we need to worry....

Dust is common for dslr. Face it. Learn how to clean it DIY. My used d600 is now at 2000 shutter. No oil issue but some dust spots which is easily removed by the artic butterfly brush.

Reactions: daredevil123
Dust is common for dslr. Face it. Learn how to clean it DIY. My used d600 is now at 2000 shutter. No oil issue but some dust spots which is easily removed by the artic butterfly brush.

Can someone organize a sensor cleaning demo ah?:)

Can someone organize a sensor cleaning demo ah?:)

Do visit visibledust website.:) the demo video is there. Do bear in mind the company was set up way before d600 was released for other dslrs.

Don't let this "blown up" issue restrict your fun with FF photography. Issues like getting the the lighting/composition/moment right are more important than keep shooting at a blank wall to spot dust.

Last edited:

Mine long over, happily went to NSC to change a new one.

Thinking if can get them change another time FOC. Shiok. Abuse it more and try again.

If every DSLR like this, shiok, free shutter during warranty.

Mine long over, happily went to NSC to change a new one.

Thinking if can get them change another time FOC. Shiok. Abuse it more and try again.

If every DSLR like this, shiok, free shutter during warranty.

May people like you not have a chance at having a dslr for long

May people like you not have a chance at having a dslr for long

Oh don't worry, I'm sure my D4s and D600s will last longer than yours :)

How long it takes for the shutter change at NSC? Will be back from overseas in November - able to stay a week in Sin before going off again. If it takes more than 5 days, I will need to get a spare camera ....:(

Oh, you may want to call NSC to check the stock status. For my case, I needed to wait 1 week for the new stock to arrive. When the stock is ready, it should not take more than 3 working days.
Cheers.

Oh, you may want to call NSC to check the stock status. For my case, I needed to wait 1 week for the new stock to arrive. When the stock is ready, it should not take more than 3 working days.
Cheers.

ok, will do that...tks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.