[D3] Dedicated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to sell my d2x for a d3! how much can i fetch for my d2x?

the d3 batt is simply unbelievable.i clock more than 1300 raw files on it and it's finally down to the last level.
each raw file is 25mb.at this rate, i'm seriously running out of HDD space.:(

the d3 batt is simply unbelievable.i clock more than 1300 raw files on it and it's finally down to the last level.
each raw file is 25mb.at this rate, i'm seriously running out of HDD space.:(

convert some of your EN-EL4as ;p to HDDs, you will be running 1-2 TB in no time.

convert some of your EN-EL4as ;p to HDDs, you will be running 1-2 TB in no time.

i'm running out of space to put those ext HDD!!!!

Ext hdd got space issue meh? or your table too small arh hehe, put on teh fllor lor :p

I got a 8 HDD tower on the floor in addition to the many HDDs in the PC.

Was curious. Tried out the D3 with 2 CF card. How come after doing the 2 button format, I still get 370+ odd pics space on the lcd disply?

Yes, I did format both card independently. Yes, the setting is only fine jpgs.

Would expect at least 600 odd slots instead right?

And I did some shots with the D3. But for some reason, despite shooting at optimum exposure, the pics still has lost details in shadows and can only be brought out by D-Lighting at post processing?

Can the output be like Fuji S5 Pro 400% dynamic range?

I also have this problem when using a 8GB card with my D100 - according to Nikon, they said that though the display remaining is wrong, it still takes the correct number. I haven't tried cos the D100 buffer and fps damn slow - maybe you can try on the D3 since its faster, to see if it takes more than 370+.

Was curious. Tried out the D3 with 2 CF card. How come after doing the 2 button format, I still get 370+ odd pics space on the lcd disply?

And I did some shots with the D3. But for some reason, despite shooting at optimum exposure, the pics still has lost details in shadows and can only be brought out by D-Lighting at post processing?

Wait first things first how many Gig is your memory card? my 8 gig CF card only gives me 748 Large Fine Jpeg and my 4gig card gives me 374 Large Fine Jpeg. For Compressed losslessRAW my 8 gig gives 310 and my 4 gig gives 155. Judging from your number above i would say that you have a 4 gig card. If thats the case then everything is fine and dandy. You also need to note that you probably used overflow for your second card and the D3 only calculates the first card and not the second. Try taking one card out and it'll reflect the other card automatically. So i wont worry if i'm you.

As for D lighting I have it turned on at normal during shooting. I didnt thinkk that you would need to do d-lighting after shooting. If you are talking about underexposure i have the same problem in some low light situations especially on faces. But that easily solved by giving some positive EV or using spot metering. The shadows look fine to me... in fact much better then my d200 and about the same as my 5D.. DOnt have a S5pro so i dont know whats that like at the shadow area.

hope this helps.

Good thing you go straight for the D3 without waiting for the X model. ;p Maybe it's time to get one of those Sony Bluray drives for archiving.. ;p

can comment a bit on the AF points and performance?

are the AF points cramped together in the center or spread out? I've seen the Canon 5D/1Ds FF having the AF points cramped together in the center.

how's the performance with those outer AF points under low light? Fast to lock or hunt a bit?

thanks!

can comment a bit on the AF points and performance?

are the AF points cramped together in the center or spread out? I've seen the Canon 5D/1Ds FF having the AF points cramped together in the center.

how's the performance with those outer AF points under low light? Fast to lock or hunt a bit?

thanks!

hey are pretty well spread.(imho)
and they dont all light up at once.you can choose your focus points.
what's cool is the 51AF 3D trackking where the focus points changes when your subject moves.
low light?no worries at all.
i shot my first wedding last sat with 24-70.
it was dimly lit, and it locks on without hesitation.

what's cool is the 51AF 3D trackking where the focus points changes when your subject moves.

Thanks for the info....very tempting ;p

you can chose between 9pts, 21pts or 51pts under dynamic area AF. Better one is the 51pts 3d tracking, never fail. :devil:

YMMV

So!! ,, Shooting wedding already leh .. :) what 's rates are u commanding .. hehehe

Hi Jeanie,

Any wedding pictures to share? I am also looking into getting one to take wedding.. :) wah after reading this thread.. it's tempting to get one.. :) Too bad need pre order.. :p Anyone got lobang?

So!! ,, Shooting wedding already leh .. :) what 's rates are u commanding .. hehehe

i shoot for fun one lah.i wear so glamourously:embrass::), you expect me cover entire wedding meh?:bsmilie:
:sticktong

Hi Jeanie,

Any wedding pictures to share? I am also looking into getting one to take wedding.. :) wah after reading this thread.. it's tempting to get one.. :) Too bad need pre order.. :p Anyone got lobang?

believe it or not, i got 5 series of pics havent process.each series about 1k+ pics...:cry:
i love to shoot.but HATES processing.

i'll share them whenever i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.